[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Key West

Atlanta Cracker

Heading to Key West for my 10th anniversary this weekend and wondered if anyone has any suggestions for things to do, places to eat, etc..

Sunset cruise on the Fury. You snorkel the reefs for a few hours, on the way back in it's free beer and they anchor while you watch the sunset, sweet.

If sloppy joes is still there, catch a few beers. Good people watching place.

I've not been in MANY years, so I'm not sure what restaurants are still around. That, and when I used to go down there all the time I was relatively broke, so I wasn't enjoying the finer establishments.

Edited by SEC=UGA

Thanks, for some reason my search didn't work!

np..... it took a little work to find them. not sure why it was so difficult.

oh, there are a few places that allow you to run around with your rajn blowing in the wind

Take me

That is a pretty common thing down there, you guys probably wouldn't stand out too much.

Funny Story:

I was sitting in the aforementioned Sloppy Joes... DRUNK.

We were sitting at a table right next to the bathroom entrances, guys on left, girls on the right. Well this butch comes stumbling up, stops and is looking from door to door. I look over at her and ask "Having trouble making up your mind?"

We ended up getting into a conversation with the group of lesbians at the table next to us later that night, they actually found it rather hughmouros, though the lady I asked the question of was kinda steamed.

Sunset cruise on the Fury. You snorkel the reefs for a few hours, on the way back in it's free beer and they anchor while you watch the sunset, sweet.

If sloppy joes is still there, catch a few beers. Good people watching place.

I've not been in MANY years, so I'm not sure what restaurants are still around. That, and when I used to go down there all the time I was relatively broke, so I wasn't enjoying the finer establishments.

Sounds good. My wife wanted to go parasailing so we may give that a go with them as well.

If sloppy joes is still there, catch a few beers.

It was about four years back and I've no reason to think it isn't. Get some of their cocktails.

If you're into certain vegetations and associated equipment, many stores will accommodate you.

The Green Parrot has the best Bloody Marys. If you want a nice meal, go to Louie's Back Porch. It is beautiful outdoor dining right on the ocean and the food is top notch. Blue Heaven does the best breakfast. Climb the lighthouse and tour the Hemingway House. They are touristy but what the hell, you probably won't be back here. Find some conch fritters, I could snack on them all day long.

The Green Parrot has the best Bloody Marys. If you want a nice meal, go to Louie's Back Porch. It is beautiful outdoor dining right on the ocean and the food is top notch. Blue Heaven does the best breakfast. Climb the lighthouse and tour the Hemingway House. They are touristy but what the hell, you probably won't be back here. Find some conch fritters, I could snack on them all day long.

Conch fritters are very good.

Conch fritters are very good.

Interestingly, I have a friend from Key West that I was talking about this trip with and they mentioned that Conch can no longer be caught in Key West. It all comes from the Bahamas. They still serve it though because they have been for years and I plan to have some as well :wacko:

Deep sea fishing is a blast, so is going in the shallows for tarpon. Ifya like fishin that is . . .

Parasailing is a lot of fun there, and the jetski tour around the island is a blast. I also went snorkling on the reef there for the first time, and it scared the bejeezus out of me. Big waves that day, and you couldnt see the boat that was "home base" if you were in the trough of the waves.

I did the dry tortuga island tour, and it was "ok".