[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How disrepectful can you get.

fingfootball

I never got the impression that first responders wanted to be there to be honored. I think they would like to honor the memories of those lost and make peace with a grueling and difficult period in their own lives. The fact is that most first responders also lost coworkers and very good friends. They may not be "family" in the strictest sense, but tell that to anyone who works in a firehouse. :wacko:

I'm sure Rovers has it right. :tup:

We live in a democracy. That is why we were attacked in the first place. Everyone has their say, sometimes in court of law. That delays things. Should the real estate magnate who owns the lease have been given free reign to do whatever he wanted, as a business investment? Should his goals be given free reign, or should the voices of the victim's falimily's also be considered? They wanted him to eat billions of dollars for a cemetary of their own design.

Litigation takes time. Until what should be built could be agreed upon, nothing could begin. Now, understand that underneath that site there was a transit hub.... trains from NJ and the NYC subway traveled under that site. The infrastructure issues were far more complicated than just building a single foorprint skyscraper like the Empire Sate building on solid rock. Or the Chrystler building.

You are again, either a simpleton or ignorant.... maybe just forkin stupid.

When idiots speak, others will tend to tell you to shut up or take the time to look into a topic before stuopidly making baseless accusations and shooting one's mouth off in a voiud of factual information. Deal with it. I hate rap music. I understand why it's popular. Think about it.

I never got the impression that first responders wanted to be there to be honored. I think they would like to honor the memories of those lost and make peace with a grueling and difficult period in their own lives. The fact is that most first responders also lost coworkers and very good friends. They may not be "family" in the strictest sense, but tell that to anyone who works in a firehouse. :wacko:

I'm sure Rovers has it right. :tup:

Nailed it Bunzie. There isn't a first responder complaining about this. My nephew gladly gives up his seat for his Lt for his Lt's wife and kids.

Most first reponders have done their best toi come to grips with it. The fanilies take priority now. The wives, kids, mothers and fathers. Brothers and sisters. The last thing first responders are concerned about is being honored.... most shun the idea in it's entirety. In fact, most are very reluctant heroes. They just think they did their jobs, and aren't heroes at all.

We live in a democracy. That is why we were attacked in the first place. Everyone has their say, sometimes in court of law. That delays things. Should the real estate magnate who owns the lease have been given free reign to do whatever he wanted, as a business investment? Should his goals be given free reign, or should the voices of the victim's falimily's also be considered? They wanted him to eat billions of dollars for a cemetary of their own design.

Litigation takes time. Until what should be built could be agreed upon, nothing could begin. Now, understand that underneath that site there was a transit hub.... trains from NJ and the NYC subway traveled under that site. The infrastructure issues were far more complicated than just building a single foorprint skyscraper like the Empire Sate building on solid rock. Or the Chrystler building.

You are again, either a simpleton or ignorant.... maybe just forkin stupid.

When idiots speak, others will tend to tell you to shut up or take the time to look into a topic before stuopidly making baseless accusations and shooting one's mouth off in a voiud of factual information. Deal with it. I hate rap music. I understand why it's popular. Think about it.

All I did was ask a question many are asking. Your mother will be very proud of you for your nasty postings.

And litigation of any kind should not take 10 years. Can we please have tort reform?

I know this schtick but it doesn't make you any less of an ass hole.

We may have "freedom of speech" but far to many people "open their mouths" when they should keep them F'n shut.

Tonight my wife and I went to a concert at the amphitheater near where we live...her company was one of the sponsors so we had to make an appearance...my back surgery makes something like this a bit trying for me because I can only sit for 15-20 mins at a time...anyway there are probably only about 300-500 ppl there and most are on the lawn seating area....not many in the....i will call it ballpark seats...I can't sit on the lawn so we are in the seats and then I just get up and walk around for 10mins, sit, get up etc....well the band takes a break and the organizers take the stage to talk about their deal...the guy mentions about taking a moment for 9-11...it is at that point that I hear a lady 3 rows back...there was no one between us...she was with another lady and 2 men...I hear her sign and so "Come on"...I turned and saw her then say, "Here too, I am so over this 9-11 sh1t"....I have to use a cane to walk with right now and I have to tell you I felt like shoving my cane down her throat so that she wouldn't ever be able to let someone know when she is over something....I was this close >< to actually saying something but for some reason I didn't...we left about 5 mins later and I have to tell you I actually felt and still do feel guilty for not saying something to the dumb a$$

All I did was ask a question many are asking. Your mother will be very proud of you for your nasty postings.

And litigation of any kind should not take 10 years. Can we please have tort reform?

My mother is dead. Litigation did not take 10 years, but once an agreement was reached, only then could any design be considered and then implemented. Once a design was approved by all concerned parties, work could begin.... agian with a transit hub being infrastructered below the whole thing even before the engineers coul;d know where the laod bearing weight would be. Again, you show how clueless you are. I don't mind differing opinions, except whern those with them are idiots. You did MUCH more than ask a question.

You didn't ask a question, you made an accusation. An accusation made in a vacuum of information. You are the typical stupid American, and you vote. "Nuff said.

I am not the one that says, by all reports that first responders are not welcome - that would be Mayor Bloomberg.

It is interesting that many of you think I am your enemy.

The fact remains, that something should have been built by this time. Many more than me think so.

I don't think you're my enemy, I just think that you are extremely uninformed and you're basing your opinion on that. You say "something should have been built by this time." This doesn't exactly look like nothing to me. :wacko: You should really take some time to look over that site. Maybe then you will understand why it's not something that can be accomplished in 18 months.

BTW, the twin towers took 7 years to construct from groundbreaking to dedication. That doesn't even include all the planning it took to build them and all the site prep work that had to be done and this project is much bigger than that one.

Edited by rajncajn

I don't think you're my enemy, I just think that you are extremely uninformed and you're basing your opinion on that. You say "something should have been built by this time." This doesn't exactly look like nothing to me. :wacko: You should really take some time to look over that site. Maybe then you will understand why it's not something that can be accomplished in 18 months.

BTW, the twin towers took 7 years to construct from groundbreaking to dedication. That doesn't even include all the planning it took to build them and all the site prep work that had to be done and this project is much bigger than that one.

he/she knows. he/she is all about schtick. respond to him/her with a real response and he/she gets gina tingles all over his/her schtick button.