[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How disrepectful can you get.

fingfootball

The memorial service is for the families of the people who died. The key word here is "memorial". If space is limited, then it makes sense that they just limit it to families.

I'll save my outrage for something else.

10 years ago the first responders were asked to go to the World Trade Centers. Many died, and many are disabled and sick to this day because of the enviroment they worked in for weeks after the attack. They were America's heroes. And now they are put aside because of lack of space? That's BS. You can save your outrage for something else because I have enough for both of us.

10 years ago the first responders were asked to go to the World Trade Centers. Many died, and many are disabled and sick to this day because of the enviroment they worked in for weeks after the attack. They were America's heroes. And now they are put aside because of lack of space? That's BS. You can save your outrage for something else because I have enough for both of us.

Perhaps you have the makings of a nice cottage industry here.

"Too old, too tired, or too lazy to be outraged, well just let our experts handle that for you!" "We have ragers standing bye, ready to attend public forums, walk picket lines, hurl invective at campaign events, and to write editorials and to patrol blogs all on your behalf." "While you nap or play we rage on, all on your behalf". "For the low, low price of only $20 per hour our experienced rageaholics will express your disdain on any topic, call now and we will include an extra half hour of sarcastic trolling at no extra cost."

10 years ago the first responders were asked to go to the World Trade Centers. Many died...

I'm pretty sure the families of the first responders who died have been invited to attend. If I am wrong, please correct me.

I'll note again that it is a "memorial". Nobody is saying that the first-responders shouldn't be honored, but if they are alive, they don't need to be "memorialized". (It's much the same way that we have both a Memorial Day and a Veterans' Day.)

Edited by wiegie

I'm pretty sure the families of the first responders who died have been invited to attend. If I am wrong, please correct me.

I'll note again that it is a "memorial". Nobody is saying that the first-responders shouldn't be honored, but if they are alive, they don't need to be "memorialized". (It's much the same way that we have both a Memorial Day and a Veterans' Day.)

+1 While it would be nice to have room for everyone that wanted to attend, certainly, since its a memorial service, space needs to be first reserved for the families of the deceased.

FWIW, I think it would be similarly nice if there were a separate ceremony honoring everyone else who helped make that day as tolerable as possible: first responders, air traffic controllers, doctors who worked round the clock in ERs....there are countless heroes to honor.

The main reason there is not room for everybody is that the place is a construction site. We could not build something in ten years! That is pathetic. We built the Empire State Building in 18 months during the depression.

Can we please abolish the EPA?

The main reason there is not room for everybody is that the place is a construction site. We could not build something in ten years! That is pathetic. We built the Empire State Building in 18 months during the depression.

Can we please abolish the EPA?

Are you an engineer? Are you familiar with the plans for this project? Do you have any inkling of an idea or what it takes to plan and construct a project of this magnitude? :wacko:

I was involved in the 'cleanup" aspect of 9-11. The nightmares of trying to find body parts to make a full corpse don't happen very often anymore. Let the families who lost members do their grieving. I don't need to be there. 9-11 is their day. Let them have it.

I was involved in the 'cleanup" aspect of 9-11. The nightmares of trying to find body parts to make a full corpse don't happen very often anymore. Let the families who lost members do their grieving. I don't need to be there. 9-11 is their day. Let them have it.

Very well said Rovers. :wacko:

Are you all insane? I get it that it was most most likely horrific beyond words to clean up the debris, including beloved body parts, lost in the attack of the World Trade Center.

Can some of you agree that as we built the Empire State Building in 18 months during the depression - that something should now exist at ground zero after ten years and first responders should be allowed at the ceremony?

Are you all insane? I get it that it was most most likely horrific beyond words to clean up the debris, including beloved body parts, lost in the attack of the World Trade Center.

Can some of you agree that as we built the Empire State Building in 18 months during the depression - that something should now exist at ground zero after ten years and first responders should be allowed at the ceremony?

Ignorance is bliss and you are one very happy little camper.

The rebuilding of the WTC site has been held up by many things, organizations, real estate interests, the "family victims groups" and funding. First, many very vocal activists that lost famiuly member fought ANY redevelopment of that sight tooth and nail. They said it should be a cemetary, and only a cemetary. They filed lawsuits to prevent redevelopment. The real estate magnate that leased the property had a probelm with that. Those negotiations took years before any sembelence of an agreement as to what shoul;d be built there took years.

There were no dead bodies or body parts at the Empire State building site, OK? Duh? Before rebuilding could happen, a consensus amoungst a huge groups of people, all with different agendas had to be reached and agreed upon. The most difficult contingent was the group representing the famileis who lost members.

You are either ignorant or a simpleton.

Comparing the Empire State building to what is being accomplished at ground zero is comparing apples to orchards. Constructing the ESB in 18 months was an amazing feat, no doubt. This is NOTHING like that and trying to make that comparison is just silly. I think you should familiarize yourself with what they are actually doing at the site before you criticize.

I am not the one that says, by all reports that first responders are not welcome - that would be Mayor Bloomberg.

It is interesting that many of you think I am your enemy.

The fact remains, that something should have been built by this time. Many more than me think so.

I am not the one that says, by all reports that first responders are not welcome - that would be Mayor Bloomberg.

It is interesting that many of you think I am your enemy.

The fact remains, that something should have been built by this time. Many more than me think so.

I think Rovers explained it rather well. See above.

Oh, and it's not a fact. It's an opinion.

I know this schtick but it doesn't make you any less of an ass hole.