[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAngelo Williams

Grits and Shins

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to feel pretty bad if he somehow mysteriously catches on fire. :wacko:

I didn't really want to draft him. I had the # 1 pick so I drafted Peterson. I opted for a WR and QB in the 2nd and 3rd because they we're going fast. By the 4th round, there was no one looking much better, so I took him hoping he would get back to form. Luckily, I got Fred Jackson who has been a nice surprise. With my luck I'll drop him, someone else will pick him up, and he'll be a monster.

Edited by Patsfan984

I'm starting Dwill with minimal confidence this weekend against my Bears. It's really more out of necessity but I'm optimistic he defies the odds and proves his doubters wrong this weekend.

I did that last week and he cost me game. If I used any other RB (including STEW) I would have won.

I'm done with him until further notice. As JUMbo said in one of his articles, something doesn't look right when he runs.

I did that last week and he cost me game. If I used any other RB (including STEW) I would have won.

I'm done with him until further notice. As JUMbo said in one of his articles, something doesn't look right when he runs.

Well, my only other option (was Tate) is to go with Helu but I'm already starting Hightower. It would be a hedge that could work in my favor but I don't want to go that route.

Now about 2 1/2 weeks I think since I dropped him and nobody is touching him. Everyone is waiting for at least a decent game I guess. I haven't watched him much but when I did. :wacko:

Edited by SNOWBOUND33

Now about 2 1/2 weeks I think since I dropped him and nobody is touching him. Everyone is waiting for at least a decent game I guess. I haven't watched him much but when I did. :wacko:

It's amazing how he is a free agent in a league. He is my RB4 at this point behind STEW and McGahee...sad

12 team league, 49 RBs on rosters. My league has been around since the mid to late 90s

Yeah he'll get gobbled up in your league. A few are taking the wait and see in mine. I believe the huddle's Rest of the Season rankings have him at 34(?) so it's not that surprising for my league I guess.

:wacko: Like that is going to happen ... the good game part ... and then somebody will buy based on one game

Well, I've read about people dropping Foster and Mendy in their leagues on this board, so there are no shortage of idiots out there to take advantage of. If you're going to drop him, it doesn't really matter if you do it now. But if you're looking to trade him, why trade him when he's at his lowest possible value? Common sense IMO.

As a fantasy owner the most frustrating thing is he's not getting enough touches to prove himself. So far he's had 10 rushes, 5 rushes, 12 rushes in his three games. George Foreman Grill... his stats mean nothing to me with that few touches. Why pay a guy this much money in free agency and not use him. How many times have we seen a stat line that looked terrible for the first 10 or so touches from the likes of CJ and AP, only to see them break some big runs later in the game.

If D-Will sucks now, he sucks. But why can't they at least let him run the freaking ball and prove himself one way or the other? :wacko:

As a fantasy owner the most frustrating thing is he's not getting enough touches to prove himself. So far he's had 10 rushes, 5 rushes, 12 rushes in his three games. George Foreman Grill... his stats mean nothing to me with that few touches. Why pay a guy this much money in free agency and not use him. How many times have we seen a stat line that looked terrible for the first 10 or so touches from the likes of CJ and AP, only to see them break some big runs later in the game.

If D-Will sucks now, he sucks. But why can't they at least let him run the freaking ball and prove himself one way or the other? :wacko:

Two thoughts occurred to me as I read this:

Why pay a guy this much money in free agency and not use him.

I've been wondering the same thing about Reggie Bush since week 1.

But why can't they at least let him run the freaking ball and prove himself one way or the other?

The current regime seems to be content with the Cam Newton show. Having said that, it stands to reason that teams may eventually start to adjust defensively which might open up the run a little. But the Panther defense isn't good, meaning chances of the Panthers playing with a lead and grinding out the clock with the run are virtually nil. You know the league has become pass happy when the freakin' Panthers aren't running the ball any more.