[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Younger People Are Angry

WaterMan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it strange they would use these resources on protesters instead of stopping robberies and rapes. I didn't realize trespassing on a park that was probably paid for by taxpayers trumps these crimes. Must be that "9/11 changed everything" effect.

I don't remember hearing about the TEA Party protesters being arrested. They probably had jobs to go back to at 5am and needed the shut eye. These OWS people seem to either be at the bottom of the barrel because of layoffs or simply never got the chance to have decent jobs because those jobs evaporated before they left college or the companies decided to save money hiring illegals. No minimum wage por favor.

Edited by WaterMan

I find it strange they would use these resources on protesters instead of stopping robberies and rapes. I didn't realize trespassing on a park that was probably paid for by taxpayers trumps these crimes. Must be that "9/11 changed everything" effect.

Rapes like this one?

Or thieves like these?

I don't recall either of these types of things happening at the TEA Party protests. Of course the TEA Party just wants to keep what is theirs instead of feeling entitled to take what they please from others.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I don't remember hearing about the TEA Party protesters being arrested. They probably had jobs to go back to at 5am and needed the shut eye. These OWS people seem to either be at the bottom of the barrel because of layoffs or simply never got the chance to have decent jobs because those jobs evaporated before they left college or the companies decided to save money hiring illegals. No minimum wage por favor.

These guys don't have a permit to gather, though, they are on private property which has been what has really saved them.

Now, if these guys want to get on my half-way good side they need to pack up, move to DC and call themselves Occupy K St. That is where the real stuff is going down. Though, I would probably still view them as a bunch of ignant, lazy, whiny, self righteous, spoiled, coddled,.

Of course the TEA Party just wants to keep what is theirs instead of feeling entitled to take what they please from others.

I agree with them. They worked during America's golden years at manufacturing/etc and should keep what is theirs. These OWS people seem to have nothing and want jobs liked the Tea Party had.

Too much hugs and Feeeeeeeeeelings in school instead of the yard stick and the three Rs.

We have bread a generation of soft, whiny ass biotches, starting around the time that the originator of this thread was born.

So the older generation of "work for what you get" hard asses raised a bunch of puzzies? Maybe they should blame themselves or stop talking about personal responsibility if they think the schools are who is responsible for raising their kids?

So the older generation of "work for what you get" hard asses raised a bunch of puzzies? Maybe they should blame themselves or stop talking about personal responsibility if they think the schools are who is responsible for raising their kids?

I think it was their kids who raised a bunch of puzzies.

It's the boomers who are the problem, not their kids (yet).

I am sure it has nothing to do with these protestors making some poor decisions in life - hey blame everything else but yourself - that is the new american way.

Heard on radio of quite a few companies in Wisconsin hiring and having a tough time finding the right workers - but I guess that is the businesses fault.

It's the boomers who are the problem, not their kids (yet).

Yup. They got started in the Me Decade and really haven't stopped since, except to whine over The Big Chill and thirtysomething. That generation is the original entitlement addict, and now they retire. We're screwed.

Weren't the Boomers raised by the "Greatest Generation"? I just want to make sure I get my generalizations straightened out so I know who to blame. :wacko:

well the greatest generation was at work all day every day, so they didn't have to raise their kids.

I am sure it has nothing to do with these protestors making some poor decisions in life - hey blame everything else but yourself - that is the new american way.

Heard on radio of quite a few companies in Wisconsin hiring and having a tough time finding the right workers - but I guess that is the businesses fault.

I'd like to see numbers of layoffs vs bad decisions.

My sister works in that area for a re-insurance company. The constant drum beating is driving her and the residents of the area stir crazy. I say let them stay, but make them obey noise and harrassment laws. Lose the drums.

And I'll say it again, 90% of them are there for a party.

Weren't the Boomers raised by the "Greatest Generation"? I just want to make sure I get my generalizations straightened out so I know who to blame. :wacko:

Yes.

And generalizations are not necessarily a good thing but they do save typing "xx% of <generalization> are a royal pain in the ass because they have a tendency to <blah> <blah>" when you just want to throw out a quick post before a meeting.

“It’s turning into us against them. They come in here and they’re looking at it as a way of getting a free meal and a place to crash, which is totally fine, but they don’t bring anything to the table at all.”

Wait a second, pal, a lot of people say the same thing about your crowd. Those bums are part of the 99 percent.

One of the problems they have down on the Greenway is that there aren’t any locks or fences or gates. You might say they have ... open borders. But of course one of Occupy Wall Street’s nonnegotiable demands is for the United States to ... open the borders.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/columnis...a_real_bum-mer/