[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Dispute Question

SecondString

"I stand by my comment ("thank God there are no people like that in my league..." ), I wouldn't want to play in a league where people look for loopholes in the rules to gain some advantage to get a win. Where's the fun in that. Draft a better team, scoure the waivers, work on trades, that's how you win in fantasy football. Not by dropping a player on bye and replacing them with a guy playing on MNF to increase your bench points so you win (then whine when you find out you didn't need to make that move and ask for it to be undone)."

Man, you either haven't been reading the thread before making your comments, are thick-headed, or lack rational thinking skills...

THIS IS NOT A LOOPHOLE! As stated a couple of times already, this is a normal part of our league that you can make roster moves before the games begin, whether it is before the 4:00 games, the Sunday night game, or the Monday night game. As stated, this is a common occurrence in this league, and normal strategy.

You can disagree with the rule all you want, but you cannot fault the owner who made the move! This is the only league this particular owner has ever been in, so these are the only rules he knows. He's seen other owners make moves after the 1:00 kickoff many times...how can he be faulted for employing the strategy?

For you to call this "bush league" and a "loophole" shows an undeniable lack of grasp for the facts here. Cool it. You're embarrasing yourself.

Whatever. I have my opinions, even if the league rules allow something like this doesn't make it right. I'm pretty sure the intent of your rules (if there is any other than "this is how an ESPN league works") were intended to allow somebody to do what team A did.

In the movie Slap Shot, the players goad the goalie into an altercation, the team has no backup goalie. So once he is ejected they're in big trouble and are easily defeated. A player on the team that did this claims it was a "bush league move" he was right. Was it legal, sure? Was it the proper way to win a game? I don't think so. And I wouldn't want to play in a league where people do these type of things.

I am not embarrassing myself, at least not according to anybody but you.

KCMAST,

Something can be legit (legal) and still be bush league,.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The fact that you asked this question, hoping the masses would agree with your friend so that maybe you could convince your league to undo the roster move shows your true motives. The fact that you continue to argue with people trying to prove you are right, while backpedaling and saying the move shouldn't be undone is pretty lame."

Once again, must not be reading this thread before posting (or you have comprehension problems). As stated way back on page 1 or 2, the league settled this early on, there was no intention of trying to reverse the decision, and I agreed with the decision based on the fact that he should have waited until Monday to make his roster move to allow for adjustments. The debate then became if he had waited, should the decision be the same? You can't call anything I've said here backpedaling, sorry.

Hey, you're the kind of guy that if a bar room fight breaks out, you wait to let the fight get going pretty good, and then jump in and help beat the hell out of the guy who's losing, aren't you?

Edited by SecondString

I don't like using bench points to break ties, I think this is inane.

Many don't like allowing roster moves up until the time a player's game kicks off.

These are not the items under debate. The rules are what they are, this isn't a rules violation.

The owner did nothing wrong in making this move and I have to admit that in year's past I have worked the rules to their fullest. Asking for a reversal of the move he already made - that is the topic under debate (and is bush league).

In several leagues I'm in the player dropped wouldn't even be available on waivers until after the NEXT week.

Edited by Grits and Shins

"The fact that you asked this question, hoping the masses would agree with your friend so that maybe you could convince your league to undo the roster move shows your true motives. The fact that you continue to argue with people trying to prove you are right, while backpedaling and saying the move shouldn't be undone is pretty lame."

Once again, must not be reading this thread before posting (or you have comprehension problems). As stated way back on page 1 or 2, the league settled this early on, there was no intention of trying to reverse the decision, and I agreed with the decision based on the fact that he should have waited until Monday to make his roster move to allow for adjustments. The debate then became if he had waited, should the decision be the same? You can't call anything I've said here backpedaling, sorry.

Hey, you're the kind of guy that if a bar room fight breaks out, you wait to let the fight get going pretty good, and then jump in and help beat the hell out of the guy who's losing, aren't you?

I've read every post, doesn't change my views. It was decided way back on page 1 or 2, but you keep trying to convince people that the move was good strategy, and that his only mistake was not waiting until Monday (as if all stats corrections will be done by Monday). But still trying to back the idea that undoing the roster move should be considered.

It was a silly question to begin with, there should have been no consideration to undo his roster move. So asking people here to give you their opinions had what purpose?

Its like the many "should this trade be vetoed" questions that are asked regularly. No matter how many tell the OP "no, unless you can prove collusion" they still want to explain how it is unfair or unbalanced, how it kills league integrity.

I'm really done, post another response if you like, I'm not wasting my time on this.

PS Like many on the internet you think a few posts from somebody gives you some picture into how they'd act in various scenarios. You don't know me at all.

Stop with the damn personal attacks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and despite your stubbornness on this issue, nobody is taking those kind of shots at you except when you continue to provoke them.

You came in here asking for opinions, and while many noobs simply get ignored (which is the direction you're heading), the community has weighed in on an issue that frankly 99% of us don't have to deal with or really have any interest in debating. You should be exceedingly grateful that the community has weighed in your league-specific issue, so show respect to the community you're seeking to be a part of, and don't take it so damn personally.

You might think I'm coming in here abrasive, but I only act that way when people are being off-base. The way you refuse to let this matter shows me that I was very wrong in even attempting to come in here and give opinions that might be relevant to your matter.

KCMAST,

Something can be legit (legal) and still be bush league,.

Why is it bush league? I don't see how it is different than if he was tied with one player yet to play and that guy was deactivated. He would go out and make a FA move to try to win the game. Bush league is asking to reverse it.

Stop with the damn personal attacks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and despite your stubbornness on this issue, nobody is taking those kind of shots at you except when you continue to provoke them.

You came in here asking for opinions, and while many noobs simply get ignored (which is the direction you're heading), the community has weighed in on an issue that frankly 99% of us don't have to deal with or really have any interest in debating. You should be exceedingly grateful that the community has weighed in your league-specific issue, so show respect to the community you're seeking to be a part of, and don't take it so damn personally.

You might think I'm coming in here abrasive, but I only act that way when people are being off-base. The way you refuse to let this matter shows me that I was very wrong in even attempting to come in here and give opinions that might be relevant to your matter.

Now you're hurting my feelings...you mean I won't have the benefit of YOUR wisdom for any future questions I may have? Well......okay, I'll try to struggle through it.

The bar room thing was a joke, BTW

Why is it bush league? I don't see how it is different than if he was tied with one player yet to play and that guy was deactivated. He would go out and make a FA move to try to win the game. Bush league is asking to reverse it.

I just feel it is, because it is using a quirk in their rules and league structure to add a player whose sole purpose is to score some bench points that one week to win a game that otherwise would have been a tie or loss. To me it seems wrong, doesn't pass the smell test.

Your example is completely different, if he is tied and has a player left to go on a late game (4PM, SNF, MNF) and finds out that player will not play, of course you make a line up or roster change if the rules allow it. Seems different to me at least.

The bar room thing was a joke, BTW

Just to be clear, you made the bar room comment to me, but I wasn't the one who made the post you responded to.

I've never claimed you made personal attacks, and I apologize if you felt I was attacking you or your league mates.

Just to be clear, you made the bar room comment to me, but I wasn't the one who made the post you responded to.

I've never claimed you made personal attacks, and I apologize if you felt I was attacking you or your league mates.

No worries, I appreciate the apology. Maybe a little oversensitive here when I read that, since this thing has turned into me against the world. Appreciate the Hardesty insight in the other thread too.

I just feel it is, because it is using a quirk in their rules and league structure to add a player whose sole purpose is to score some bench points that one week to win a game that otherwise would have been a tie or loss. To me it seems wrong, doesn't pass the smell test.

Your example is completely different, if he is tied and has a player left to go on a late game (4PM, SNF, MNF) and finds out that player will not play, of course you make a line up or roster change if the rules allow it. Seems different to me at least.

The way I see it, if bench points are used to determine winner/loser, than the bench players are no different than a player in the lineup, as they can (and did) have a direct affect on the outcome of the game. Again, I have no issue with the move that was made (as many others have also said), probably would do the same thing again, but did take issue with the request to reverse the move... which the league agreed to disallow, correctly in my opinion.

Second String. I have been playing Fantasy Footbal longer than probably 90% of the guys on this site. ( Because I'm old!) lol USA today days. I think what the majority of us are trying to say is that we don't blame your Buddy for using the rules to try and secure a win, but he got it. I might have done the same thing under the same rules. But I would never try to undo a waiver move after the fact for any reason. The score change is irrelevant. We have all had to make decisions, for injuries, bye weeks, whatever, on if we should pick up a player for one week or to take your chances and keep the team together for the long haul. I just did this picking up a tight end on Wittens bye week and it didn't payoff and I lost. That is a hugh part of the game, managing your team. Can't make it any clearer than that.

Second String. I have been playing Fantasy Footbal longer than probably 90% of the guys on this site. ( Because I'm old!) lol USA today days. I think what the majority of us are trying to say is that we don't blame your Buddy for using the rules to try and secure a win, but he got it. I might have done the same thing under the same rules. But I would never try to undo a waiver move after the fact for any reason. The score change is irrelevant. We have all had to make decisions, for injuries, bye weeks, whatever, on if we should pick up a player for one week or to take your chances and keep the team together for the long haul. I just did this picking up a tight end on Wittens bye week and it didn't payoff and I lost. That is a hugh part of the game, managing your team. Can't make it any clearer than that.

Man I remember those days. I was a commish then and we actually got paid :wacko:

Lots of time spent going through box scores manually adding up points. Thank you Al Gore!!