[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rex Ryan...A____

Rumford Red

He's soon to come to the conclusion that water is wet.

Yep! Jerk! Blowhard! I don't feel his nonsense makes it any easier for his team to win. In fact the opposite. I wouldn't like to play for him and I am quite sure some of his players are up to here with his crap.

I'm sorry,but I love it!! This is how coaches should be IMO. Absolutely fearless in promoting his team. If I was far more talented, I'd love to play for that guy. The guy is passionate and doesn't care who doesn't like it. My favorite part is that I don't think it is a made-for-tv persona. It is a legitimate thing.

I'm sorry,but I love it!! This is how coaches should be IMO. Absolutely fearless in promoting his team. If I was far more talented, I'd love to play for that guy. The guy is passionate and doesn't care who doesn't like it. My favorite part is that I don't think it is a made-for-tv persona. It is a legitimate thing.

Not sure I agree. It seems the "New Class" of head coaches have none. When I think of a coach, the first person that pops into my head is Tom Landry. I do think the media is feeding this nonsense though.

Ryan oftens talks honestly without thinking through the possible reprecussions of his comments. Truth is, he might have well been right. PC is not in his demeanor.

Let me ask this: Do Charger fans think the Chargers should have won the supe once in the past few years? Turner had the talent. Like Ryan said, the Chargers were loaded with talent during Turner's reign.

Ryan quickly realized he had put a "foot" in his mouth again, and did a backpedal, but too late. :wacko:

Ryan oftens talks honestly without thinking through the possible reprecussions of his comments. Truth is, he might have well been right. PC is not in his demeanor.

Let me ask this: Do Charger fans think the Chargers should have won the supe once in the past few years? Turner had the talent. Like Ryan said, the Chargers were loaded with talent during Turner's reign.

Ryan quickly realized he had put a "foot" in his mouth again, and did a backpedal, but too late. :wacko:

I thoroughly enjoy listening to Mike Francesa rip the hell out of Ryan. I didn't listen today but I'm betting this gives him fodder for a couple of days.

Let me ask you this as well: Where are the rings he said he'd win with the Jets? His teams were "loaded" as well. I honestly think all the stars align when you win a Super Bowl. Just ask Eli.

I don't know about the jerk part... Dumbass maybe. He pretends to believe in his team to a fault, but his problem is that his game is set up to win on defense and he cant support his defense by controlling the clock. His running game sucks balls right now and that's affecting the entire offense.

I,m sorry, but I just can't get buy this rex ryan thing. I have come to the conclusion that he really is JERK!!

I regret having to call you out here, but nobody Northeast of Hartford understands Rex or the Jets. I've lived up here for 15 years, I've owned Pats season tickets and listened to an increasing amount of crap about Rex out of the mouths of New Englanders lately, friends of mine. it's misguided and wrong.

The Jets are the #2 team in their own city - the only one in the NFL for that matter - and they always have been. Their articles always came after the Giants in every newspaper, every day. They haven't won a super bowl since Namath. They played in Giants stadium forever.

The talk is to make his players feel relevant and important, like they can win. And it's been working the past few years, the team has overachieved with not-so-great players.

Now criticize his tactics, strategy, or performance, fine. Don't call Rex a jerk or ahole because he talks up his team. Just because he doesn't jibe with this white-trash Yankee "Shaddup and do ya jawb" attitude doesn't mean he's a jerk. If anything, I can't remember reading a bad word he's uttered about other teams - only positive stuff about his own.

Nobody in Gloucster or the Atlantic?

No, we "get" enchilada all over the place.

If you don't think the Chargers are gonna have a little grudge this week you are wrong. Guaranteed that if the Chargers win Ryan's comments come up in post game. "Defend OUR Coach" or the like.

He\\\'s soon to come to the conclusion that water is wet.

Yep! Jerk! Blowhard! I don\\\'t feel his nonsense makes it any easier for his team to win. In fact the opposite. I wouldn\\\'t like to play for him and I am quite sure some of his players are up to here with his crap.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...l-players-want/

The Jets are the #2 team in their own city - the only one in the NFL for that matter - and they always have been. Their articles always came after the Giants in every newspaper, every day.

Wrong. I live on Long Island, the only press the Giants have gotten in recent times was when Djax returned the fumble or the Jets are on a bye week.

The talk is to make his players feel relevant and important, like they can win. And it\\\'s been working the past few years, the team has overachieved with not-so-great players.
Wrong. They\\\'ve won with good players and played very well overall, last time i checked we made it farther then your Patriots the past 2 years as well as being just as bad as them to miss the playoffs in 2008.
Now criticize his tactics, strategy, or performance, fine. Don\\\'t call Rex a jerk or ahole because he talks up his team. Just because he doesn\\\'t jibe with this white-trash Yankee \\\"Shaddup and do ya jawb\\\" attitude doesn\\\'t mean he\\\'s a jerk. If anything, I can\\\'t remember reading a bad word he\\\'s uttered about other teams - only positive stuff about his own.

I approve of this segment to your post

Edited by Infinity

I regret having to call you out here, but nobody Northeast of Hartford understands Rex or the Jets.

And I'll lay you an opposite point of view. In New England, the coach and teams can get away with treating their fans like crap and being as boring as possible because they have absolutely zero competition, nevermind that there's less to do in the cities in general. People will still wait in Gillette stadium traffic for 2 hours on route 1 staring at the stupid Rotman car dealership sign and cheering the Pats while their tax dollars overpay the state police- so why bother trying to generate any buzz or enthusiasm?

Let me ask you this as well: Where are the rings he said he'd win with the Jets? His teams were "loaded" as well. I honestly think all the stars align when you win a Super Bowl. Just ask Eli.

First off, it's nearly impossible to win a super bowl with a rokie QB that didn't even play much in college. The fact that Ryan took the Jets to two AFC title games with such an inexperienced QB is remarkable. Ryan talks up his team, he wants them to believee hey can win it all. It's his strategy as well as his mindest. Beating NE in Foxboro in the playoffs convincingly is something Turner could ever pull off. He gets his players to believe in themselves. He is also far more creative than Turner is, particularly on defense.

Back on point, I agree with Ryan that the Chargers should have won at least one Super Bowl during Turner's tenure, and thet fact that they didn't is largely due to Turner's far too conservative coaching philosophy IMO. Are there any Charger fans giving Turner a free pass on his playoff failures?

I think with him, just about everything is said with an eye on giving confidence to his team, and trying to get in the head of his opponents. Going this route makes it impossible for teams to get into the heads of the Jets. Their own coach is already in their head. He tells the opposition "we're going to be the tough guys, and we're going to win, and what are YOU going to do about it?" The downside is that he often takes the opponent's best punch. The good part is that the opponent's are so concerned about giving the Jets their best punch, they may play outside of their abilities in an attempt to do so.

Mike Ditka and his own father were two of the greatest at it, so he comes by it very honestly. I think it is fun to watch and it fires me up. Obviously, if he's losing, it becomes a joke, but he thinks he is too good to lose, and that takes balls. I'm in.

Landry was mentioned previously. When he started, he was the exception. Nowadays just about everybody does a Tom Landry act. It is nice to see something different.

First off, it's nearly impossible to win a super bowl with a rokie QB that didn't even play much in college. The fact that Ryan took the Jets to two AFC title games with such an inexperienced QB is remarkable. Ryan talks up his team, he wants them to believee hey can win it all. It's his strategy as well as his mindest. Beating NE in Foxboro in the playoffs convincingly is something Turner could ever pull off. He gets his players to believe in themselves. He is also far more creative than Turner is, particularly on defense.

Back on point, I agree with Ryan that the Chargers should have won at least one Super Bowl during Turner's tenure, and thet fact that they didn't is largely due to Turner's far too conservative coaching philosophy IMO. Are there any Charger fans giving Turner a free pass on his playoff failures?

Yeah, Yeah. He still said he'd do it and didn't. I'm not a big fan of Turner either. He is at best a really good O Coordinator. But a couple of our loses were due to a skitsy kicker and an interception in NE that wasn't grounded immediately. It's not an excuse but I don't see where our coach saying "if I coached those other teams I'd have won two super bowls " would have helped. For the record though, thinking it over, it makes more sense that he said it for another reason. I been thinking he said it to shield LT from all the hype of him coming home. I still think it's a jerky thing to say though. Notice that in this thread I'm not alone.

Unless Ryan can make a post-season FG, then no.

PK Kaeding is in historical status as being the all-time FG percentage leader in the regular season, but he's lost 4 games in the play-offs. His Wiki page details his post-season struggles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Kaeding

Unless Ryan can make a post-season FG, then no.

PK Kaeding is in historical status as being the all-time FG percentage leader in the regular season, but he's lost 4 games in the play-offs. His Wiki page details his post-season struggles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Kaeding

Good thing they have Novak for when they get there this year.

I think with him, just about everything is said with an eye on giving confidence to his team, and trying to get in the head of his opponents. Going this route makes it impossible for teams to get into the heads of the Jets. Their own coach is already in their head. He tells the opposition "we're going to be the tough guys, and we're going to win, and what are YOU going to do about it?" The downside is that he often takes the opponent's best punch. The good part is that the opponent's are so concerned about giving the Jets their best punch, they may play outside of their abilities in an attempt to do so.

Mike Ditka and his own father were two of the greatest at it, so he comes by it very honestly. I think it is fun to watch and it fires me up. Obviously, if he's losing, it becomes a joke, but he thinks he is too good to lose, and that takes balls. I'm in.

Landry was mentioned previously. When he started, he was the exception. Nowadays just about everybody does a Tom Landry act. It is nice to see something different.

Pretty spot on take of Ryan. Here is another point:

Ryan does things to take media and even fan pressure off of his players, a point discussed on WFAN NY this morning. With all the focus on the failures of the O line to run block, Burress looking like a failed experiment, Sanchez "regressing", Ryan managed to take all the heat off of his players and put it on himself. Accidental, or deliberate? Either way, it did take away from player critisims leading into the game. He really doesn't care what fans or media think of him. If he can do anything to both take pressure off his players, he does it, be it planned or coincidentally.

By now, I am beginning to beleive he does this sort of thing with purpose. If that makes idiots like Francessa call him a bufoon or fans as in this thread call him a jerk, the man simply doesn't care. He does things to get into the other team's head. It works far more often than it fails. Not a single ESPN talking head picked the Jets over the Chargers. Turner was out coached, and Turner's idiocy surfaced on SD's last possession.

LOL at McMicheal trash talking after the game... you just lost a game you had a commanding lead in... now, there is a jerk.