[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow stinks.

Do Work Son

stop with all the tebow hate. we all know it was the play calling that set him up for failure.

besides, if you look at the numbers heading into this game, he's clearly been a better qb than cam newton. i didn't realize that until someone showed me the light of an oncoming train. if it weren't for my disposition, i would've known better.

there's still hope for timmy. maybe the folks in denver should put his name on several more billboards. he can then harness their collective power and channel that into his game.

maybe he just needs more time. he's only started two games. who knows? he's a gamer, right? maybe this game will inspire him to come out swinging in the next.

go tebow!!!

Edited by slainte

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tebow cant read defenses, cant progress past his first option without getting "happy feet" to run away, cant sense pressure and has incredibly poor QB fundamentals like setting his feet before throwing.

Yep . . . clearly the playcalling is failing his truly sublime skills :wacko:

I guess that after a year of watching and theoretically "learning" (cause he is such a hard worker) that he should be able to do basic expectations of an NFL quarterback. It is funny that rookies like Dalton, Newton and Ponder all look infinitely better than him . . and he has been in the NFL a year longer.

I guess the Broncos should forget this whole "NFL offense thing" and just run wishbone option, as that clearly is the only offense that Tebow looks comfortable with right now. Because y'know, that kid is the future and we should reformat the entire team around him.

He just isnt an NFL quarterback. :tup:

Tebow cant read defenses, cant progress past his first option without getting "happy feet" to run away, cant sense pressure and has incredibly poor QB fundamentals like setting his feet before throwing.

Yep . . . clearly the playcalling is failing his truly sublime skills :wacko:

I guess that after a year of watching and theoretically "learning" (cause he is such a hard worker) that he should be able to do basic expectations of an NFL quarterback. It is funny that rookies like Dalton, Newton and Ponder all look infinitely better than him . . and he has been in the NFL a year longer.

I guess the Broncos should forget this whole "NFL offense thing" and just run wishbone option, as that clearly is the only offense that Tebow looks comfortable with right now. Because y'know, that kid is the future and we should reformat the entire team around him.

He just isnt an NFL quarterback. :tup:

This can't be overstated. The apologists are always quick to point out that he's had less starts than a bunch of these rookie QBs who are playing so much better. But they conveniently ignore the fact that he's had the luxury of the year with the clipboard that used to be the norm. That's supposed to be worth something. A year's worth of watching film. A years worth of practicing with NFL-caliber players. A year's worth of realizing that this ain't college, because everyone is big and fast. That's all supposed to count for something.

This can't be overstated. The apologists are always quick to point out that he's had less starts than a bunch of these rookie QBs who are playing so much better. But they conveniently ignore the fact that he's had the luxury of the year with the clipboard that used to be the norm. That's supposed to be worth something. A year's worth of watching film. A years worth of practicing with NFL-caliber players. A year's worth of realizing that this ain't college, because everyone is big and fast. That's all supposed to count for something.

agree. i think denver and the nfl just needs to get tebow out of their systems. about two more starts should do it ...

and how about that andy dalton?

:wacko:

agree. i think denver and the nfl just needs to get tebow out of their systems. about two more starts should do it ...

and how about that andy dalton?

:tup:

My wife is from Cinci, so I always sort of pull for them. Well, that and the fact that they'll always have a place in my heart from my fond memories of SF/Cinci Super Bowl games. :wacko:

The creator of our scoring system invented QBR before ESPN.

Speaking of, did you see his ESPN QBR for the game? It was 3.4. The lowest anyone has ever recorded, though they only did the stats back to 2008. Ouch.

clearly tebow isn't getting a fair shot in the nfl. he's part of an old regime that's no longer there to support him and the guys calling the shots now are trying to run him out of town.

if they are interested in him succeeding, they should custom tailer their offense to suit his intangibles.

even brandon loyd, who flourished under tim last year, set him up by leaving the team. how's that for a thank you?

it is a tale of two regimes. and tebow is unfairly caught in the middle. dalton, ponder, and newton have the support of their coaching staff where tebow has none. his support is plastered on a local billboard. unfortunately, billboards do not make great coaches.

the denver coaching and administration staff should be a shamed of themselves as they continue to toture timmy by making him look bad. they should just trade him to another team that has a forward-thinking offensive philosophy.

what all the critics fail to recognize is that tebow is a qb that defies classification under today's standards. he's a game changer with a style and flair no one has ever seen before. this frustrates said critics, leaving them to easily dismiss his talent.

tebow will prove them wrong when he leads the new era in professional quarterbacking.

and yes, he hasn't had the same amount of starts compared to the 'other' guys.

go tebow!!!

clearly tebow isn't getting a fair shot in the nfl. he's part of an old regime that's no longer there to support him and the guys calling the shots now are trying to run him out of town.

if they are interested in him succeeding, they should custom tailer their offense to suit his intangibles.

even brandon loyd, who flourished under tim last year, set him up by leaving the team. how's that for a thank you?

it is a tale of two regimes. and tebow is unfairly caught in the middle. dalton, ponder, and newton have the support of their coaching staff where tebow has none. his support is plastered on a local billboard. unfortunately, billboards do not make great coaches.

the denver coaching and administration staff should be a shamed of themselves as they continue to toture timmy by making him look bad. they should just trade him to another team that has a forward-thinking offensive philosophy.

what all the critics fail to recognize is that tebow is a qb that defies classification under today's standards. he's a game changer with a style and flair no one has ever seen before. this frustrates said critics, leaving them to easily dismiss his talent.

tebow will prove them wrong when he leads the new era in professional quarterbacking.

and yes, he hasn't had the same amount of starts compared to the 'other' guys.

go tebow!!!

Wow. Just wow.

Eta- screwed up the quote function

Edited by STL Fan

Your sarchasm meter is badly in need of calibration.

I guess. The problem is that many Tebow supporters (not saying you) are so nuts that it was perfectly plausible that it was a real opinion, isn't it?

I guess. The problem is that many Tebow supporters (not saying you) are so nuts that it was perfectly plausible that it was a real opinion, isn't it?

My greatest concern in this whole fiasco is if DEN doesn't really find out what kind of QB Tebow is, ends up cutting him or trading him for a used condom, and he goes somewhere that they coach him up and he ends up being a legit player, while in the meantime DEN burns another high draft pick on a QB next season - which is rolling the dice no matter who they draft, even on a guy like Luck.

This team can't afford to waste high draft choices. They have become a bottom feeder and that kind of stuff tends to sustain itself in the NFL if a team continues to make chase bad talent or just gets unlucky in multiple drafts. Tebow is spilled milk - they can't recover the pick or anywhere near its value, so all I want to see is an honest regular season tryout to see if there's anything there. If there isn't - fine, either make him an H-back or send him packing.

ETA - I do know that running a 4 second passing game and giving Tebow 3 seconds of protection isn't going to tell us a damned thing, other than to see how really tough he may or may not be. DEN ran that 4 second passing games for 3 1/2 quarters of the MIA game and almost 3 quarters of the DET game. If they are sold on that, they'd better find some real O-linemen before they even start to think about drafting another QB.

Edited by Bronco Billy

the good news is that the biggest problem with denver has already been solved - the removal of mcdaniels.

i can see your point in regards to giving him a fair shot before moving him for a case of cocktail umbrellas. if they do wind up moving him, then they may have to get creative with trades to help give the team a boost prior to using another high draft pick. i don't know what, if any, surplus denver has to to draw from.

also, maybe they need to take on some new scouting personel if any remnants from the old regime are still there.

Thought this was funny.

Defenders were bored dominating Tim Tebow

(KFFL) A Detroit Lions defensive player said following the team's Week 8 win over the Denver Broncos that the defense became bored dominating QB Tim Tebow in the second half. "Can you believe '15'?" the anonymous defender asked. "Come on - that's embarrassing. I mean, it's a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn't do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, 'Come on - that's your quarterback? Seriously?'" DL Cliff Avril added, "As long as he felt our pressure, he was gonna make crazy decisions."

Tebow completed 10/21 of his passes. Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 50% of his as well.

So, who's calling for RF's head?

Either way, Tebow has some major flaws in his style and mechanics. Is that something they can fix? I'm not sure. But, if McGahee can stay healthy and take some pressure off Tebow, and he can use his legs again...well he has plenty of upside.

Don't count him out yet. He's a work in progress and they need to see if he's the future.