[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Really

SLAYER

I mean seriously? The Rangers announced they are puttting a bronze statue outside of their ballpark of Shannon Stone the Texas firefighter who died after falling over an outfield railing. Sad and tragic yes, but a bronze statue.

I thought the thread kind of morphed into a play on words, detached from the actual situation. But your right, a guy dying in front of his 6 year old son isn't funny.

+1

I get caught up in the play or words too much and desensitize myself from the actual conversation.

Yeah, I don't get the statue either.

Locally, some kid who jaywalked and got hit by a bus, had a special school ceremony to "honor" him.

In no way am I attempting to diminish the tragedy of either situation, but since when do we give special honors to people who have accidents?

Seems a bit over the top, but that's not going to crack the top 1000 of things I'm going to get worked up over.

Yep, not exactly finding the humor either.

Um, are you serious? All the $10 words you use and you weren't intentionally trying to pun "over the top" and "going to crack"?

The story itself is gut wrenching but I guess I try not to think about it and thought maybe everyone was having a light-hearted pun about the statue. Not easy, but I'm typically prone to make jokes at inappropriate times. I guess it's just kind of how I deal with things. :wacko: