[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pinched nerve in the neck

Cunning Runt

Anybody ever have one?

What were your symptoms?

What was the treatment?

I think I have one. Going to doc tomorrow.

My neck is all sorts of jacked up and I need an MRI but won't get one because of the cost. I'm on an HSA plan, so the less I go to the Dr. the more money I keep.

Anybody ever have one?

What were your symptoms?

What was the treatment?

Symptoms can range from stiffness in the neck to numbness in an extremity on the side that is pinched. It really depends on what nerve, how bad, etc. Of course, strained muscles can also give similar symptoms.

I've always treated pinches/strains with alternating ice to keep potential swelling down, light stretching and in the mornings when it is stiffer application of heat to help loosen it up.

I also will go to a chirporactor to help out from time to time (actually working through a mild neck issue right now and went last night, going again on Thursday) The combination of the massaging to loosen up the area and the adjustments in the neck area made a difference for me, but I readily admit that chirpopracty is not for everyone and there is debate on it in the medical community.

ETA: Do not take this as a qualified medical opinion.

Edited by Big Country

Symptoms can range from stiffness in the neck to numbness in an extremity on the side that is pinched. It really depends on what nerve, how bad, etc. Of course, strained muscles can also give similar symptoms.

I've always treated pinches/strains with alternating ice to keep potential swelling down, light stretching and in the mornings when it is stiffer application of heat to help loosen it up.

I also will go to a chirporactor to help out from time to time (actually working through a mild neck issue right now and went last night, going again on Thursday) The combination of the massaging to loosen up the area and the adjustments in the neck area made a difference for me, but I readily admit that chirpopracty is not for everyone and there is debate on it in the medical community.

ETA: Do not take this as a qualified medical opinion.

Thanks. It's been bugging me for a couple months now and finally had enough. Just googling the symptoms it seems to be spot on that's what it is but I'd like some relief.

Thanks. It's been bugging me for a couple months now and finally had enough. Just googling the symptoms it seems to be spot on that's what it is but I'd like some relief.

I suggest letting the doctor take a look at it. Maybe an MRI to be sure it is not more serious.

Depending on your pain tolerance, probably some massage therapy could help alleviate the issue (assuming it is just a pinch and not a disc issue), or, as I said in my original reply, you could consider chiropractic options.

My neck is all sorts of jacked up and I need an MRI but won't get one because of the cost. I'm on an HSA plan, so the less I go to the Dr. the more money I keep.

Um, the reason you have an HSA is to pay for things like this when you need them.

Get it checked out by a physician, especially if you are experiencing ANY tingling, numbness or loss of motion (even if intermittent) in the shoulder, arms, fingers, etc ... these are generally symptoms of nerve issues as opposed to a muscle related problem.

Great! I strain my majoris penisus muscle and could use some help because it is stiffer now and the heating pad isn't working :wacko:

Anybody ever have one?

What were your symptoms?

What was the treatment?

You've been a pain in everyone else's neck for awhile now. :wacko:

Seriously though, that stuff can suck. Good luck.

I know but it's much more beneficial to save the money than spend it :wacko:

I was trying to tell the bank that the reason I wasn't going to pay my mortgage was because I'm a really frugal guy who'd rather save than spend, but they didn't go for it.

All I know is this, one of the primary reasons why I don't waste my money on stupid chight is so that I have enough of it laying around in case of things like my freaking neck gets jacked up and I need to fix it. Fixing a messed up neck is what we call a high priority expense at my house. Then again, we're sort of crazy like that.

I'm not surprised. Your opponents fantasy players have been wishing you'd get hurt all year

Wow, y'all just can't let a sleeping dog lie.

I'll say this though. I'm currently hoping that Mike Tolbert gets stuck in traffic on the way to the stadium and completely misses each of the next three games. Is that better?

Wow, y'all just can't let a sleeping dog lie.

I'll say this though. I'm currently hoping that Mike Tolbert gets stuck in traffic on the way to the stadium and completely misses each of the next three games. Is that better?

I was just trying to make a funny.

Neck/back pain sucks. good luck

ETA: Would'nt mind if Tolbert got lost on way to the stadium myself

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

Get it checked out by a physician, especially if you are experiencing ANY tingling, numbness or loss of motion (even if intermittent) in the shoulder, arms, fingers, etc ... these are generally symptoms of nerve issues as opposed to a muscle related problem.

Pain, tingling & numbness are three things I suffered through with my back injury...I always thought that PAIN was the most "important" of the 3 but not so...

Pain ...least concern for the doc

Tingling....more concern than pain for the doc

Numbness...more concerning than tingling for the doc.

I bring this up because there was a point where I wasn't having pain but some tingling and numbness that I didn't really think was that big of a deal...I was wrong, very wrong.

Good luck

Pain, tingling & numbness are three things I suffered through with my back injury...I always thought that PAIN was the most "important" of the 3 but not so...

Pain ...least concern for the doc

Tingling....more concern than pain for the doc

Numbness...more concerning than tingling for the doc.

I bring this up because there was a point where I wasn't having pain but some tingling and numbness that I didn't really think was that big of a deal...I was wrong, very wrong.

Good luck

Thanks. No numbness or tingling. Just a pinched feeling in the back right of neck.

As BC has suggested, seeing your doctor is the best advice for now. An imaging study such as a CT scan or MRI can be helpful in making the diagnosis. After that you can try physical therapy, a chiropractor, local injections, accupuncture, and/or surgery as a last resort if the pain continues.

As BC has suggested, seeing your doctor is the best advice for now. An imaging study such as a CT scan or MRI can be helpful in making the diagnosis. After that you can try physical therapy, a chiropractor, local injections, accupuncture, and/or surgery as a last resort if the pain continues.

Ya thanks. Already scheduled for tomorrow morning.

I was trying to tell the bank that the reason I wasn't going to pay my mortgage was because I'm a really frugal guy who'd rather save than spend, but they didn't go for it.

All I know is this, one of the primary reasons why I don't waste my money on stupid chight is so that I have enough of it laying around in case of things like my freaking neck gets jacked up and I need to fix it. Fixing a messed up neck is what we call a high priority expense at my house. Then again, we're sort of crazy like that.

Yeah, I'm kinda bass ackwards like that and really just don't like going to doctors. My wife says the same thing.