[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bad misspellings

keggerz

At work we have a person of authority that isn't a very good speller, but this one might just take the cake.

The word is: h0rsedeovery

I wonder how long it will be before someone can actually guess what that word is supposed to be...to make matters worse, it was all in lower case letters so spell check should have picked it up...there are times that she uses all CAPS so that is sort of understandable when she doesn't realize a word is misspelled...here are a couple of her other most tragic spellings:

cigrette (she is a smoker)

paddel

allot (meaning a lot)

Edited by keggerz

hors d'oeuvres??

At work we have a person of authority that isn't a very good speller, but this one might just take the cake.

The word is: horsedeovery

I wonder how long it will be before someone can actually guess what that word is supposed to be...to make matters worse, it was all in lower case letters so spell check should have picked it up...there are times that she uses all CAPS so that is sort of understandable when she doesn't realize a word is misspelled...here are a couple of her other most tragic spellings:

cigrette (she is a smoker)

paddel

allot (meaning a lot)

hors d'oeuvres??

we have a winner...but do me a favor, and type that word into google and see what it thinks you were trying to type...

it was a flyer for the office Christmas Party...there is also a section where you can write in what you are going to bring...but since she made the flyer she went ahead and typed in what she is bringing...this is exactly how it is typed in all caps:

PIGS IN A BLANKET (COCKTAIL FRANKS WRAPPED IN CRESANT ROLLS)

Edited by keggerz

There is one woman that I email frequently in a different company who always replies your welcome instead of you're welcome. Sort of surprised that nobody in her office ever tips her off about it. She copies half her staff.

With the ease of checking the spelling of words today, poor spelling is a sign of laziness and a lack of respect for the persons with whom she is trying to communicate. (An occasional typo is understandable, but nonsense such as she wrote is pathetic.)

so you know who she is...fwiw, I completely agree

Here are a few that I've seen:

Moran

Knofe

Hugh

Weetod

My other favorite, though typically verbal, are the people who refer to Alzheimer's as all timers or some such crap...

I love how she thinks she has to explain Pigs in a Blanket.....LOL. :tup:

Today on my way home.

Big, electronic sign at the corner church.....CANDELIGHT VIGIL. :wacko:

For the Virgin Merry?

With the ease of checking the spelling of words today, poor spelling is a sign of laziness and a lack of respect for the persons with whom she is trying to communicate. (An occasional typo is understandable, but nonsense such as she wrote is pathetic.)

That's rediculous. Definately.

I hung up my grammar nazi hat awhile back. Grammar idiocy has become far too common and speaking out doesn't change things. People are getting worse and worse about this (despite or perhaps even in part because of spell-checkers) and simply don't care. U know what I M saying? OK l8r

:wacko:

This.

FWIW, I immediately reject any resume with a spelling error. If you do it in a word processor of any kind, a little red line will underline any errors. Even this board has that feature.