[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know I am a blind-ass homer, but...

rajncajn

Over their careers (as of now): P. Manning > Brady > Brees > Rodgers

This year: Rodgers > Brees > Brady > P. Manning

That is where I would have them, and they are clearly in the top tier by themselves.

For me, the championships & the background put Brady on top. Always been a fan of the underdog.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, the championships & the background put Brady on top. Always been a fan of the underdog.

I always had Manning slightly above Brady, just because of everything he does. However, this year has sealed it for me. That team is likely 9-7 minimum with Peyton, as it is the same amount of talent he has had for years, and they might not win a game.

I always had Manning slightly above Brady, just because of everything he does. However, this year has sealed it for me. That team is likely 9-7 minimum with Peyton, as it is the same amount of talent he has had for years, and they might not win a game.

Good point... and the machine still ran well when the Pats lost Brady. As much as I know Indy fans would be crushed, it'd be interesting to see what Manning could do with a better team and coaching staff.

...tell me again why Rodgers is soo much better this year than Brees & Brady. :wacko: Is it just the TD/INT ratio?

This year he's head and shoulders above because he hasn't had those meltdown games that the others have. I don't think he playing on another level that what Brady did when he went for 50, I think he's on the same level. I don't think Brees has been to that level.

This year he's head and shoulders above because he hasn't had those meltdown games that the others have. I don't think he playing on another level that what Brady did when he went for 50, I think he's on the same level. I don't think Brees has been to that level.

Are you talking ever or just this year? Again, maybe I'm just a blind-assed homer, but to me that is just an extremely short-sighted statement. :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn

No, I don't think Brees for a season has been on the Brady 07 or Rodgers 2011 level. Talking about individual seasons, no?

I guess being on pace to break the passing title for the 2nd time in 2 years, the first time literally being one good pass away, is an easier feat than I thought. :wacko:

I guess being on pace to break the passing title for the 2nd time in 2 years, the first time literally being one good pass away, is an easier feat than I thought. :wacko:

You are being a blind homer if you don't understand that what Rodgers is doing is on a level that two have been on for a season.

Rodgers is 249 yards behind Brees in yardage with 107 less attempts, higher completion %, high QB rating, 8 more TD's, 5 less turnovers, 3 games up in the win column... Dude, it's not close. Brees is elite, but only Manning and Brady have played on this level for a season.

Without looking at numbers it seems as there has been 3 otherworldly type QB performances in the last 10 years or so.........

Manning that one year

Brady that one year

And Rodgers this year.

:tup:

Yeah, I guess I see the point. Just a few years back Brady was being discussed as the best ever. I'm certainly not knocking him at all & can appreciate when a QB is having such a great season. If anybody deserves the hype it's him right now. But to start calling him the best ever when you've got other QBs currently playing that lead him by decent margins in several categories just seems a bit inane to me. I'm not sure why at this point I should expect anything less from the talking heads. I will say one thing about Rodgers though... He's no Jennifer Anniston.

Of course several categories is an exageration. Further, Rogers has sat when the Packers are up. As far as I know that is not the case in any meaningful way for Brady or Brees as of yet. Oh, and as for Brees he plays indoors so he has more or less perfect conditions better than half of every year.

Good point... and the machine still ran well when the Pats lost Brady. As much as I know Indy fans would be crushed, it'd be interesting to see what Manning could do with a better team and coaching staff.

That is an excellent point, and shows that the Pats overall success (not just Brady's passing stats) was more about the team and not just Brady. I nearly won a fantasy championship with that backup guy (cannot even remember his name), Then he goes to KC with a huge contract and hasn't been nearly as successful. Where as the Colts are absolutely horrible without Manning.

Brees is still fantastic, and certainly has overcome some things (his size, the shoulder injury, being pushed out of SD, etc). But he's not playing on Rodgers level this year.

You are being a blind homer if you don't understand that what Rodgers is doing is on a level that two have been on for a season.

Rodgers is 249 yards behind Brees in yardage with 107 less attempts, higher completion %, high QB rating, 8 more TD's, 5 less turnovers, 3 games up in the win column... Dude, it's not close. Brees is elite, but only Manning and Brady have played on this level for a season.

Look, my point is not to say that Brees is as good or better than Rodgers this year... Far from it actually. Just a few posts up I said that of the 3, Rodgers is the better this year. My issue is more with all the "best of all time" talk. Believe me, I get it. I get that he's got this ungodly passer rating this year. I get that he's having one of the best seasons by a QB of all time. I just think that calling him the greatest QB of all time is not only very premature, but rather insulting to some of the greatest QBs to ever play the game. And before you say it, I'm not suggesting Brees is one of the greatest of all time. I'm merely pointing out that while Rodgers is having a fantastic season, there are also two other great QBs that are really not all that far off the mark this year who have been doing it for quite a while longer than he has.

Of course several categories is an exageration. Further, Rogers has sat when the Packers are up. As far as I know that is not the case in any meaningful way for Brady or Brees as of yet. Oh, and as for Brees he plays indoors so he has more or less perfect conditions better than half of every year.
sev·er·al (svr-l, svrl)

adj.

1. Being of a number more than two or three but not many

Brees leads the league in the following:

1. Completions - 385

2. Completion percentage 70.9

3. Yards - 4,368

4. Yds/game - 336

Of course that's just listing the pertinent categories given on NFL.com. It doesn't include things like 3rd down percentage, but it's more than enough to prove my point. BTW, that's just Brees mind you. I didn't bother to look to see if or how many categories Brady may lead him in. Furthermore, if Rodgers sat then that's less opportunities for him to throw interceptions, no? :wacko:

Brees leads the league in the following:

1. Completions - 385

2. Completion percentage 70.9

3. Yards - 4,368

4. Yds/game - 336

Of course that's just listing the pertinent categories given on NFL.com. It doesn't include things like 3rd down percentage, but it's more than enough to prove my point. BTW, that's just Brees mind you. I didn't bother to look to see if or how many categories Brady may lead him in. Furthermore, if Rodgers sat then that's less opportunities for him to throw interceptions, no? :wacko:

Wait I thought PON said that Rodgers has a better completion %, so which is it? (sorry to lazy to look it up)

And if Brees really has 100+ more attempts than Rodgers as PON says (and leads in that category) then completions, yards and yards/game should follow that.

However I agree with your main point/complaint, saying best of all time is silly. Could be argued that none of the current top 4 (Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees) are the best of all time. The fact that there are 4 guys playing that well at the same time alone indicates that none among them are in a class by themselves. But todays modern media hype train with a million talking heads going 24/7 cannot admit that, because it diminishes the product that provides their living. Its the same with TV and movies (maybe music too), best ____ ever, so that the menches in society think they are living in the best era ever.

Slip 100.6 PR 3646 yards 26tds and 9 picks 7-6

Manning 95 PR 4150 yards 25td and 11 picks also 7-6

Slip has better passer rating 1 more rd and 2 less picks and the same record.

So I ask you where's the love? You guys talk about manning like he's all that and a Lexus for Xmas? If not for a total collapse by our d Eli would be in a 5 game losing streak.

Slip is having a very nice statistical season of his own now. Well see how he does the rest of the way but he's ballin right now.

Wait I thought PON said that Rodgers has a better completion %, so which is it? (sorry to lazy to look it up)

And if Brees really has 100+ more attempts than Rodgers as PON says (and leads in that category) then completions, yards and yards/game should follow that.

Rodgers has a better passer rating due to the TD/INT ratio, but brees has a better completion percentage due to the number of completions per attempt. Rodgers also has a better yard per completion output which also helps his rating.

Rodgers has a better passer rating due to the TD/INT ratio, but brees has a better completion percentage due to the number of completions per attempt. Rodgers also has a better yard per completion output which also helps his rating.

Thanks I guess PON was wrong when he said Rodgers had a higher completion% (see quoted post below). I get the higher QB rating stuff although I don't know the formula completely but I know what impacts it.

Anybody looked at the new Total QBR that ESPN (or whoever) created and has been using? I saw some recent reference to it in looking at Tebow's numbers.

Thanks I guess PON was wrong when he said Rodgers had a higher completion% (see quoted post below). I get the higher QB rating stuff although I don't know the formula completely but I know what impacts it.

Anybody looked at the new Total QBR that ESPN (or whoever) created and has been using? I saw some recent reference to it in looking at Tebow's numbers.

Correct, Brees has 70.9 followed by Rodgers with 69.6