[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pro Bowlers

Infinity

Finally...somebody speaks my language. Tillman? really? You wouldn't want Brent Grimes or Chris Gamble?????

I'm still waiting for a Briggs backer to come on here. I'm sure me and you would destroy them with at LEAST 5-6 players that should have gotten the nod over him.

Grimes missing 3 games and playing in about 30% fewer snaps is a factor for me...like it or not time missed due to injury is a factor...but still I if you are only going to toss out Grimes and Gamble when you said far better choices you sure made it seem like the number of choices was much more than two.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grimes missing 3 games and playing in about 30% fewer snaps is a factor for me...like it or not time missed due to injury is a factor...but still I if you are only going to toss out Grimes and Gamble when you said far better choices you sure made it seem like the number of choices was much more than two.

There are more than 2. Want me to list them? You and I both know the answer to this as we have access to the same stat provider.

this is kinda like daring Billy the Kid to a draw. You called me out, now I have to produce. This might take a bit :tup:.

Billy wouldn't need time to research if he needed to shoot or not :wacko:

edit: by the way, I have to finish writing my IDP Game Breakdowns so I am stepping away for a few hours

Edited by keggerz

:lol:

Nice one.

Ok here is a name right off the bat. Corey Webster.

When did voting end? leave off last weeks performance against the Jets and his PFF score falls to 1.7, and if it was closed before the prior week it falls to -0.3

Tillmans thru 15 weeks would have been 5.1

thru 14 weeks 4.5

oh and Webster has given up 4 TDs to Tillman's 1...and Tillman has almost 50, FIFTY more tackles than Webster does

:tup: don't bring a "billy the kid pop gun to a stat fight" :wacko: now back to writing

Edited by keggerz

I will be a Rivers apologist. Last year he had an in tact Oline while throwing to scrubs and no Gates most of the year. He put up 4k plus and low INTs. That was because he had time to throw.

This year, his "big three" WRs were rarely on the field together. When they were , they went on a three game tear that included a total dismantling of.the vaunted Ranen's D. This last game, VJax should not have been on the field and was a handicap as opposed to a help with his groin injury. It showed.

His online was literally starting guys right off the street, going beyond the "3 deep" cushion. I am amazed he survived the season, he got beaten up pretty badly a few times. Less time in the pocket and missing his WRs translated into picks. Despite this, he still threw for 4K plus and showed that with at least some protection and guys to throw to, he is still one of the best.

I think most reasonable people, especially the players and coaches, realized this and found his gutsy season and solid stats worthy of selection. The guy can't play defense for God's sake and most games were lost on that side of the ball.

Only four players (I believe) have throw for 4K yards in four seasons, and Rivers is one of them in a relatively still young career. I can see it. But then a again, I'm a Rivers fan as many of you know.

As a Steelers follower, I won't take pity on Rivers for playing behind a bad offensive line. Roethlisberger has had to do the same for years. Now that he has developed, I would like to see what he could do behind a talented, healthy offensive line. Pouncey is great when healthy, and Gilbert showed potential as a rookie, so, maybe they are finally building one.

As for Rivers, in a season where no AFC QB's other than Brady ran away with things, I have no problem with him making it due to his talent and career accomplishments. I know it is only supposed to be based on one season, but, if players are in the same grouping, I would vote for the guy who has done it longer. As far as talent goes, there is no doubt in my mind that the three most talented AFC QB's are in the pro bowl.

Oh my....

Grimes already said think missing 3 games hurts him

Webb AFC

Rogers ummm he made the Pro-Bowl

Gamble argument could be made

Winfield Played in just 5 games, FIVE

Sherman Really? Seriously? I like the kid but he isn't ready for the Pro-Bowl just yet...oh and look at those 8 penalties, 3 TDs allowed, and about half the number of tackles that Tilman has.

Samuel Liability in run support, but an argument could be made

Haden (in right?) AFC

McCourty AFC both of them

Cox ummm dude couldn't stay on the field, played in just 6 games

Ooops..sorry...he's AFC

:tup: stop just looking at the stats and see what they say, when they talk to you get back to me :wacko: (j/k in case anyone sarcasm meter is broken)

Edited by keggerz

Oh my....

Grimes

Webb

Rogers

Gamble

Winfield

Sherman

Samuel

Haden (in right?)

McCourty

Cox

Ooops..sorry...he's AFC

:lol: stop just looking at the stats and see what they say, when they talk to you get back to me :wacko: (j/k in case anyone sarcasm meter is broken)

Wow, after implying that you and Keg are on a level above everyone else, that list is embarrassingly awful. :tup:

Wow, after implying that you and Keg are on a level above everyone else, that list is embarrassingly awful. :wacko:

don't recall neither of us stating that. This must be a Pouncey post...the dude doesn't deserve lol......go ahead and give me some stats lol. You will be shocked.

As a Steelers follower, I won't take pity on Rivers for playing behind a bad offensive line. Roethlisberger has had to do the same for years. Now that he has developed, I would like to see what he could do behind a talented, healthy offensive line.

Romo plays behind a crappy O-line and has more yards, 8 more td's and 5 fewer picks than Ben :wacko:

Wow, after implying that you and Keg are on a level above everyone else, that list is embarrassingly awful. :wacko:

and implying that that list is aweful shows your complete lack or ignorance when if comes to CB's. I"m not defending myself here...but I will defend Keg's if I have too. Please show me something if you want to continue on this downward walk of shame

and implying that that list is aweful shows your complete lack or ignorance when if comes to CB's. I"m not defending myself here...but I will defend Keg's if I have too. Please show me something if you want to continue on this downward walk of shame

Um, I think he was referring to the fact that you were naming CBs in the wrong conference. :wacko: Try and keep up...

Romo plays behind a crappy O-line and has more yards, 8 more td's and 5 fewer picks than Ben :tup:

Ben would give anything to play behind a "crappy" line like the Cowboys have.

2011 - Ben sacked 38 times, Romo sacked 30 times (this is with Ben missing some time)

2010 - Ben sacked 32 times, Romo injured but sacked 7 times

2009 - Ben sacked 50 times, Romo sacked 34 times

2008 - Ben sacked 46 times, Romo sacked 20 times

2007 - Ben sacked 47 times, Romo sacked 24 times

2006 - Ben sacked 46 times, Romo sacked 21 times

2005 - Ben sacked 23 times, Bledsoe started for Cowboys (the only season where he had a good O-line)

Also, during that time:

The Steelers have made the playoffs 5 times, won many playoff games, played in 3 Super Bowls and won two Lombardi trophies.

If memory serves, the Cowboys have won ONE playoff game during that time.

Now, much of this has nothing to do with your argument about their O-Line THIS year, but, it is still fun to remind you of it. :wacko::lol:

:wacko: Your list wasn't awful. Keg asked you for a list of guys who you think should have made the NFC Pro Bowl over Tillman. You came back with the following:

3 AFC Guys

1 Guy who already made the Pro Bowl

1 Guy who only played in 5 games

1 Guy who only played in 6 games

Yes, great list. :tup: How much do you charge for this high-level knowledge ?

By the way, I'm just busting your chops. You know you're my boy.

As for Pouncey, he is great when healthy, but, I was a bit surprised he made it, considering he has been in and out of the lineup all year.

Edited by Menudo

:wacko: Your list wasn't awful. Keg asked you for a list of guys who you think should have made the NFC Pro Bowl over Tillman. You came back with the following:

3 AFC Guys

1 Guy who already made the Pro Bowl

1 Guy who only played in 5 games

1 Guy who only played in 6 games

Yes, great list. :lol: How much do you charge for this high-level knowledge ?

By the way, I'm just busting your chops. You know you're my boy.

As for Pouncey, he is great when healthy, but, I was a bit surprised he made it, considering he has been in and out of the lineup all year.

yeah I already know that ya schuck. :tup: But are two out of the 3 in the Pro Bowl? I'm drunk so I have no idea how to check.