[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Appreciation of humor - British humor that is

cliaz

I am very big into British humor. I grew up watching a lot of British comedies (and obviously, Monty is at the top). I think that is the main reason why I was such a hugh fan of 3rd Rock from the Sun. That show was pretty much based around British humor. Anyways, Fawlty Towers is by far one of my top 5 shows of all times and

is perhaps the funniest scene ever (imo)

Let's see.... I have the complete series of Fawlty Towers, Benny Hill, A Bit Of Fry and Laurie, and Jeeves & Wooster. So I guess I can go along with the liking of Brit hughmor. :wacko:

I also have some Not The Nine O'Clock News which is about four gazillion times better than the HBO rip off. But if you weren't around in the early 80's you probably wouldn't appreciate the show.

Still think that the Parrot Sketch is the best comedy sketch of all time hands down.

Let's see.... I have the complete series of Fawlty Towers, Benny Hill, A Bit Of Fry and Laurie, and Jeeves & Wooster. So I guess I can go along with the liking of Brit hughmor. :tup:

I also have some Not The Nine O'Clock News which is about four gazillion times better than the HBO rip off. But if you weren't around in the early 80's you probably wouldn't appreciate the show.

Still think that the Parrot Sketch is the best comedy sketch of all time hands down.

:wacko: A man of impeccable taste

ETA - Parrot for sketch comedy of al times - Fawlty Tower's German scene for sit-com of all times

Edited by cliaz

I absolutely loved Benny Hill when I was a kid. I would stay up late and watch it with my brother every night

me too--not least because there was an episode in which you could see a boob for about 1/4 of a second and we kept hoping it would happen again

If you're REALLY old, there's Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em, featuring a very young Michael Crawford.

I recommend Blackadder, Series 2, 3 and 4 to anyone. Rowan Atkinson is brilliant in that.

'Allo 'Allo is also outstanding, poking fun at the Germans, the British and the French Resistance.

If you're REALLY old, there's Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em, featuring a very young Michael Crawford.

I recommend Blackadder, Series 2, 3 and 4 to anyone. Rowan Atkinson is brilliant in that.

'Allo 'Allo is also outstanding, poking fun at the Germans, the British and the French Resistance.

Good call!

A good choice. I forgot to mention that I have the whole Blackadder series too. :wacko:

love it all dont think butterflies was mentioned.

Been thinking about picking up that one. Along with As Time Goes By.

Classic Python skits from the Flying Circus, which had a surprisingly short run (1969-74):

Teddy Salad and Mr. Neutron

The Piranha Brothers

Upper Class Twit of the Year

My Brain Hurts

The other ten million skits

Loved Benny Hill, Monty Python & Fawlty Towers. When I rented my first house I didn't have cable for a while, but got a station that played Dad's Army & Are you Being Served as well.

BTW, if you've never seen the bikini wax scene in Mrs Brown's Boys then check that one out. :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn