[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

rumor: Brian Schittenheimer to Atlanta

Dcat

Theisman leaked it on the radio. Have no idea if it's factual. If so, I'd be putting Matt Ryan on suicide watch immediately.

edit: Theismann and Schitty are close. In fact I think they have intimate relations.

Edited by Dcat

:wacko:

How about I start a better rumor about us landing Billick as OC.... I'm just not sure if it's a good or bad thing that Smith is banging his sister....

Joe Theissmann said it on the radio today. I hope, for your sake, it ain't true. Schitty sucks arse.

Edited by Dcat

Why would the Falcons hire an OC who has had poor success at his current job? Granted, I'm no coach or GM and it's possible that he was calling amazing plays and the players just didn't execute but I don't think that's the case.

Ryan, Turner, White, Jones, Gonzalez > Sanchez, Greene, Santonio, Plax, Keller

Ryan, Turner, White, Jones, Gonzalez > Sanchez, Greene, Santonio, Plax, Keller

You make a good point here. Still, this move would not inspire confidence. We should also consider:

Sean Payton > Mike Smith,

so all the help you can get on the offensive side of the ball the better.

Atlanta has talent and it won't take much to improve them offensively.

Schottenheimer is not the awful OC most Jets fans make him out to be. He isn't a great one, but he isn't a bad one either. They couldn't cut Sanchez, so they fired Schotty. It wasn't on him.

That's sorta how I see it (as an outsider looking in in)...

He's probably a 'top half' OC, but is not a 'top five' OC either. He's young and should learn something from his first big-time gig he should be able to apply to the next gig (wherever that may be).

Atlanta has talent and it won't take much to improve them offensively.

Unfortunately your probably correct. On offense all Atlanta needs is someone to help keep Mike Smith's head out of his rear. I think the defensive coordinator will be a much more important hire for them. I have supreme faith that the Heatmizer will muck that up too. :oldrazz:

Edited by rajncajn

Unfortunately your probably correct. On offense all Atlanta needs is someone to help keep Mike Smith's head out of his rear. I think the defensive coordinator will be a much more important hire for them. I have supreme faith that the Heatmizer will muck that up too. :oldrazz:

Yep, the DC is a much bigger concern to me. Some of VanGorders scheming did leave you scratching your head, but I think it was kind of a "damned if you, damned if you don't" sort of situation, when you couldn't really trust everyone to do their jobs and run it the way you want to. He was probably tired of taking the heat for a lack of talent that he did a pretty good job of to make a middle of the pack defense... I have trouble believing that it's going to be easy for someone to come in and quickly get better results.

As for the offense, it's clear that Ryan and Turner need a better offensive line to thrive, so that's priority #1, and so all the OC has to do is include some no huddle and let Ryan call his own plays, and just don't be predictable like Mularkey was.... If you look at the no-huddle numbers (9 for 11 in the Giants loss), it's clear Ryan has a much better grasp on the offense and defenses than Mularkey did as a play-caller.

With those weapons, an OC's job should be easy...

Edited by delusions of granduer