[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens/Patriots Game Thread

Chief Dick

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.....I watched the final two minutes while eating dinner. First, Flacco makes a perfect throw, and Evans doesn't secure the ball after the catch. That play should have won the game. Alert play by the Patriots defender to knock that away. There is no such thing as gimme field goals, especially when a game is on the line.

I was really looking forward to seeing overtime. I do feel bad for Cundiff, who will now probably receive death threats from idiots out there, but, I guess that goes along with the job.

Onto the NFC game to find out who I'm rooting for in the Super Bowl.

Man, Cundiff ran out there late. That whole sequence was rushed.

Harbaugh should have called the time out there.

I was thinking the same thing, and it didn't make any sense. On that 3rd and 1, Cundiff has to be ready to get on the field and setup if they fail to make the first down. It's not like they are going to go for it in that situation.

I cannot believe Lee Evans dropped that game-winning TD. Sickening.

Yep, you can see on the replay that he thought he had the catch and he relaxed and didn't put the ball away, which he had time to do. He's been around long enough and should have known better.

Edited by Menudo

The Ravens blew this game. Fingers can be pointed at a few people. Flacco's pick to Spikes. Evans not hanging onto a game winning TD. And, of course, Cundiff. The Patriots are very lucky winning this game despite losing the turnover battle.

They did, but you have to give credit to the Pats to overcome the opportunities they missed on too...

I was hoping for overtime, but very pleased that the refs called a good game, and let them settle it themselves...

Edited by delusions of granduer

wouldnt be surprised if ray lewis has his boys shank cundiff when he gets back to baltimore lol

the fg did seem rushed. i expected to see harbaugh take their last TO when cundiff barely made it out there. cundiff will be the skapegoat but not doubling wilfork all day to allow him to constantly beat birk and grubbs one on one was what kept new england in the game for the first 3 quarters. 3 man rush and wilfork kept getting to flacco. ravens couldnt sustain enough drives to limit the pats offensive possessions. baltimore o line did not show up today and that is why they lost. feel bad for ray and ed, that defense played great and the offense (like always in baltimore) didnt pull their weight. i think ed can say anything he wants about the offense after this game.

check out cundiff's page on facebook. that is some funny stuff. not only the insanely enraged ravens fans but also the pats fans showing him love. the worst is the chicks trying to cheer on billy boy and tell everyone they are being too mean. if u dont hate someone in sports or wish bodily harm to your arch rivals or the guy that just cost ur team a chance at the super bowl, then u r NOT a real fan.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Billy-Cundiff/163169539266

Edited by Kris N

check out cundiff's page on facebook. that is some funny stuff. not only the insanely enraged ravens fans but also the pats fans showing him love. the worst is the chicks trying to cheer on billy boy and tell everyone they are being too mean. if u dont hate someone in sports or wish bodily harm to your arch rivals or the guy that just cost ur team a chance at the super bowl, then u r NOT a real fan.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Billy-Cundiff/163169539266

Personally, I think it is sad that people take it to the level that some of them do. I'm sure Cundiff will receive several death threats and other sorts of garbage to deal with.

Personally, I think it is sad that people take it to the level that some of them do. I'm sure Cundiff will receive several death threats and other sorts of garbage to deal with.

death threats or taking any physical action against the man is waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy over the line. but trash talk is always entertaining.

but trash talk is always entertaining.

Maybe I'm getting old, but the trash talk is garbage. People getting on someone's facebook or twitter and trolling the athletes is crap. Those guys are making themselves available to the masses, and some jackass runs there mouth at them. I know Jermichael Finley's wife received a ton of tweets from stupid ass so called packer fans that took shots at her. It's surprising to me that so many athletes have twitter accounts.

Maybe I'm getting old, but the trash talk is garbage. People getting on someone's facebook or twitter and trolling the athletes is crap. Those guys are making themselves available to the masses, and some jackass runs there mouth at them. I know Jermichael Finley's wife received a ton of tweets from stupid ass so called packer fans that took shots at her. It's surprising to me that so many athletes have twitter accounts.

Why? Can she not catch a football either?

works both ways for the athletes. way to self promote and be more "famous", but also make it easy for criticism/harrassment to find you. dont look too much into the crazy facebook guys, just read the posts for entertainment. i dont which is better between the crazy ravens or the grateful pats. some do go over the top with the posts, but its just an attempt to be the "toughest" guy on the internet....those ones r just sad.

Maybe I'm getting old, but the trash talk is garbage. People getting on someone's facebook or twitter and trolling the athletes is crap. Those guys are making themselves available to the masses, and some jackass runs there mouth at them. I know Jermichael Finley's wife received a ton of tweets from stupid ass so called packer fans that took shots at her. It's surprising to me that so many athletes have anyone has twitter accounts.

fixed

The beat writers and reporters are awesome on twitter. Outside of that, and a few others I'd agree.

Jim Irsay tweets too damn much. Although he gives out good info that the front office didn't under Polian.

Edited by CaptainHook