[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romance

i_am_the_swammi

So the wife has been giving me some grief lately that we haven't been doing a lot as a couple....not many candlelight dinners with a gaggle of kids around, the spontaneous flowers happen less and less frequently, and we are both often too tired at the end of the day for any type of extra-curricular activities.

My response? Well, we're in our mid-40's, and life just takes over. I try to make her feel special as often as I can, but we just seem to lose track of hours, the days, the weeks. And life just happens.

Well, her good friend celebrated her 40th birthday a couple weekends ago, and as a surprise, her husband took her and some friends to NYC for the night...it was supposed to be nice dinner and a show. Turns out, it was much much more. Surprised her with a variety of things, including a professional photographer to capture the weekend. Shopping at Tiffany's. Gowns for different times during the day/evening. Her favorite song is the link below....you can see how he planned everything meticulously, and from the pics, how much spark is still there for them.

needless to say, the rest of the hubby's in the neighborhood are sleeping in the doghouses....for quite some time :wacko:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the wife has been giving me some grief lately that we haven't been doing a lot as a couple....not many candlelight dinners with a gaggle of kids around, the spontaneous flowers happen less and less frequently, and we are both often too tired at the end of the day for any type of extra-curricular activities.

My response? Well, we're in our mid-40's, and life just takes over. I try to make her feel special as often as I can, but we just seem to lose track of hours, the days, the weeks. And life just happens.

Well, her good friend celebrated her 40th birthday a couple weekends ago, and as a surprise, her husband took her and some friends to NYC for the night...it was supposed to be nice dinner and a show. Turns out, it was much much more. Surprised her with a variety of things, including a professional photographer to capture the weekend. Shopping at Tiffany's. Gowns for different times during the day/evening. Her favorite song is the link below....you can see how he planned everything meticulously, and from the pics, how much spark is still there for them.

needless to say, the rest of the hubby's in the neighborhood are sleeping in the doghouses....for quite some time :wacko:

You must round up a posse and beat the holy living sh!t outta this dude.

sounds like the dude is sleeping with truckers and needs to make it up to his wife.

I bet he got some that night. Oh, and what a Megan Fox.

Based on what he put together, he may have gotten the green light from all the wives in the neighborhood.

Really sad part is that, without question, they are the coolest couple I know. She's not bad at all for forty, but factor in her sparkling personality and tremendous rack...she's frickin awesome. She deserved a weekend like this.

Took my wife to San Francisco (her favorite city by a wide margin) for our anniversary in December. Although not a total surprise, it was still a blast.

Didn't do the photographer, gowns and all the rest though. I wouldn't even have thought of it. Hope she never sees this on Youtube. :wacko:

We're going to New Orleans for our 5-year anniversary. She's doing most of the planning since she's been there before and I haven't. I told her one of the things I want to check out is the devastation in the 9th ward and she kind of looked at me incredulously. Maybe we can get a horse and buggy for the tour of condemned homes? :wacko:

Based on what he put together, he may have gotten the green light from all the wives in the neighborhood.

Really sad part is that, without question, they are the coolest couple I know. She's not bad at all for forty, but factor in her sparkling personality and tremendous rack...she's frickin awesome. She deserved a weekend like this.

Time to organize a neighborhood key party.

We find time in our lives for things that are a priority. For example, I want to be good at playing guitar but I don't practice that much. So, when I'm being honest with myself, I don't really care enough to be good at guitar.

I love my wife and I love being a father--but for years I neglected the relationship between my wife and I. Just like you, life took over for me. And our marriage developed serious problems. Fortunately, we got through those problems and now it is clear to both of us that our relationship is a priority. We have a 'date night' almost every week. I text/sext her almost daily (and I am smooth), we cook together, etc. Our relationship is now better than it has ever been and happily, my wife shows her appreciation in a more physical manner throughout the week.

Your wife is telling you, loud and clear, that she wants to feel like more of a priority in your life. You can make excuses or you can make her a priority.

that is some nice photography.

looks like they went over the top, here (not in a bad way). you can't try to keep up with the Jones' and everyone expresses their love in an assortment of ways. now, if you do anything soon it will be compared to this guy, so you may be in a rock and a hard place. stay away from cliche' and put as much personal touch on your time spent with your wife as you can, as you mentioned, there are only so many hours in the day and only so many babysitting opportunities...good luck, my friend, we are all in the same boat.

Time to organize a neighborhood key party.

I had to look this up. Per Urban Dictionary:

1. key party

A couples party where all of the men put their car keys into a bowl or bag and at the end of the party, the women blindly select a set of keys to determine who she goes home with for the rest of the evening for sexual gratification.

Last night I got to take Jerry's wife Sue home from the key party for the first time. She gave me a better Puckerooney than my own wife Jan, but I love her more than anything, especially since she likes to attend the key parties with me. Jan went home with Bill and said she liked how large his penis was, but that I still make better love to her than any of her other partners.

:wacko:

I hope my wife doesn't see this. She's really excited because I promised to take her to a bar this weekend that has glassware instead of plastic cups. If she's sees this she might expect coasters next time.

IMO you don't need to pull out all the stops to make your wife feel special. Just take some time, regularly, to do some things she does not expect.

Have a smart phone?

If so, here's a suggestion:

When you hear her talk about something she is unhappy with, put a nots in yuour calendar to take care of that thing on a particular day that you know you will have the time. Also out a note in that calendar for one hour after you fx the thing reminding yourself to come up with "The next thing". That could be bringing home flowers. It could be doing the dishes. It could be surprising her with a babysitter some night and taking her out. It could be a trip to a nail salon on some saturday where she was expecting to have to run around, but you do the running around for her.

Little stuff on a somewhat regular basis works better than gigantic plans every long while. Those things are hard to stand up to.

That said, if you want to get out of the doghouse, here is a plan:

Ditch the kids for Valentines day. The whole day. Do whatever you have to.

Take her out somewhat early in the day. Make plans, without telling her, to take her shopping. Let her pick out some clothes that she is to wear that day, from the lingere to the shoes to accessories, etc. lunch needs to be in here somewhere....nothing too fancy, but a chic cafe works well. Make her an appointment at a salon to get nails, etc done. Ask some chicks what would be appropriate on a short schedule...whatever can fit in an hour. Make sure she has the opportunity to get into her new outfit to go out for the evening. When all is said and done, take her somewhere and enjoy some champagne and food. Then, somewhere private for "dessert".

That will help put the X in Sex.

I am in the doghouse right now for somewhat similar but not entirely the same reasons. I feel your pain Swammi. My wifes problem with me is lately I just cant stay awake. I have had a lot on my plate lately and my kids are still bionic. I just cant keep my eyes open at night anymore. I really try but the kids go to bed pretty late and I have a lot going on and by the time they settle in I am nodding out myself. I have even resorted to popping 5 hour energies on weekends just to keep my eyes open. When we are together solo we still have a great time and enjoy each others company but these past few months it has been something that has caused me some grief.