[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson Strains Groin

heehawks

Just read on ESPN that Andre Johnson strained his groin in practice. Does this guy officially have the "injury bug" placed upon him? I know that he is dominant when healthy, but he hasn't played a full season in two years and when he has played, he hasn't put up the "AJ" numbers.

Although the article says he feel like its no big deal, groin injuries can really linger.

Personally, I'm going to avoid him in my drafts this year. What do all of you think?

He is in mid-season form then. Wow he is the human muscle strain....groin, hammy, you name it he'll strain it.

I think I will have to stay away from AJ this year....unless he falls so far that I cannot pass him up - like round 4 or so....someone will grab him way before that though.

KO'd

I'm actually amazed at how high he's ranked in some sites. For instance, when you do a mock on ESPN or Calculator, they have suggested auction values or rankings and dude is always top 20, sometimes top 15. Um, thanks but no. Certainly this info will make him fall, but he's gonna have to be pretty damned cheap for me to buy.

AJ is awesome when healthy, but the guy is always getting dinged up, which is why he is becoming a risky pick when you take his ADP into account. You basically draft him knowing that you will probably be without him for a few games here or a few games there, and that is not even counting a game or two he might kill you by leaving dinged up in the first quarter. And amazingly, the guy only has 52 touchdowns in 9 NFL seasons. He has never had double digits TDs in a season. Yes, he is a beast when he is healthy, especially in PPR leagues, but I am content to let someone else burn a top draft pick him nowadays.

My assumption is even if Andre gets hurt nobody other than the RB's on that team has any real fantasy value? Is that true or could Daniels have a good year a year removed from his injury.

I traded him last week in a dynasty league for Eric Decker and Pierre Garcon (and some picks). I felt like this is the year he drops off the chart. I hope I am wrong as I love him as a player, but between his injuries, Shaub's recovery and their penchant for running the ball, his days of elite are done.