[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DET wants its own Lambeau Leap

Bronco Billy

link

Seems Nate Burleson thinks the Lions need their own finishing move like the Packers' famed Lambeau Leap. I think we Huddlers can help them out.

My suggestion: The Detroit Dogstyle

Every time Stafford throws a TD pass, the WR races back to where he is, drops his drawers, and bends Stafford over. TDs over 40 yds earn Stafford a reach-around.

Other suggestions?

While in a breakaway to the endzone the crowd should yell "Stop! Thief!" When he makes the endzone the local cops should knock him down, cuff him, frisk him, then taze him before they return the ball to the officials, the rightful owners. Call it the Detroit Detention.

When suh makes a sack he should call his dance the Supension Stomp.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

:lol:

We're lame? We're not the wannabes trying to pretend they are the Packers. You might find some way to make a turd dance and sing, but at the end of the day it still is what it is - a turd.

But a dancing and singing turd, which is awesome! Hell, that would make me delay flushing.

No, I just get a kick out of a journeyman/mercenary of unremarkable talent trying to plan something that grew spontaneously from the great play of a probowl player. He is trying to force a connection with the fans instead of letting it grow organically.

If I mock, I mock Burleson, not the Detroit fan base. Were you not a Detroit fan you would be smart enough to have known that without having it spelled out.

Well since Nate only scores about 3 TDs a season we won't have to see whatever staged celebration he comes up with.

Besides I think Calvin is too classy to get involved. We'll see if other players feel to need to get involved with Nate's sillyness.

He is trying to force a connection with the fans instead of letting it grow organically.

The connection with Lions fans doesn't have to be forced or grown. It's been there for a long, long time. As many sellouts as this team has had given the fact we haven't won a playoff game in over twenty years is a testament to that connection.

The connection with Lions fans doesn't have to be forced or grown. It's been there for a long, long time. As many sellouts as this team has had given the fact we haven't won a playoff game in over twenty years is a testament to that connection.

I think you are missing my point, and deliberately so. A palyer with really no connection to the Lion's franchise or their fans is trying to plan a copy of something that originally was a spontaneous occurance. Planned spontaneity for the creating of a radition connecting fans and teams is an oxymoron, even more so when it is forced by a player not really associated with that franchise. If you are looking for a slight to defend against I suppose you could find it in my post, but to make that sort of reach you need the wingspan of Manute Bol.

I still don't understand why there aren't 15 yard penalties for "The Leap". Not that I'm against it or anything, but didn't somebody get flagged last year for stepping up on a platform? I can't recall the game or player, but I remember it.

I still don't understand why there aren't 15 yard penalties for "The Leap". Not that I'm against it or anything, but didn't somebody get flagged last year for stepping up on a platform? I can't recall the game or player, but I remember it.

In the rules it is stated which special celebrations you are allowed to do, and it has something to do with traditions. As far as I remember you are allowed to (Gronk) spike the ball, "dunk" the ball over the field post and then the Lambeau Leap.

Choreographed pre-planned post touchdown activities are penalized. Spontaneous celebrations are not as long as they are not excessive.

The real beauty of the Lambeau Leap is that it enjoins the player who scored and the fans directly in a mutual celebration. It isn't an aggrandizement of the player for their own gratification.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Yeah what others basically said is true, the Leap was grandfathered in, or isn't considered excessive (rehearsed/planned, using a prop etc.)

I recall that play you're talking about, and I think it had something do with using a prop (the platform he climbed up on). I recall that when it happened the announcers explained pretty well why it was a penalty.

I tried to search for more complete info (like from the NFL rule book) but no luck at this time.

I remember long before the Lambeu Leap became popular that Cleveland Browns players would do something very similar in the "dog pound" end zone of the old stadium. The fans were very close to the field and players (especially defenders after a big play) would often come down to celebrate, jump into the stands etc.