[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

sunday ticket deal - again

frenzal rhomb

Dont have DirectTV, but i think im going to get my fix with the following:

NFL Redzone Channel 39.95

NFL Game Rewind on innernets replays all games 39.99

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages?ttv=8&ttp=3

Not a bad $80 alternative i think.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I called yesterday and got the Sunday Ticket for free with no haggling at all. All i said was i want the Sunday Ticket for free, she was like "for free"?? I said YES! She said let me see what i can do, then came back with "I can knock 50% off for 4 easy payments of $25". I said that I still couldn't do that.. she punched some more buttons and then said I can give it to you for FREE since you are a loyal customer of 3 years. Only downfall is its not the MAX ticket but I will take it and the call took about 10mins

Yep, got the same deal yesterday. Called the number said "cancel service" and got a great rep. He gave me a choice of $99.00 for the ticket and no renewal contract or I could get the ticket for free and I have to stay with them under contract for 1 yr. I took the free option and plan on trying my luck again next Aug.

Edited by Number 11

Yep, got the same deal yesterday. Called the number said "cancel service" and got a great rep. He gave me a choice of $99.00 for the ticket and no renewal contract or I could get the ticket for free and I have to stay with them under contract for 1 yr. I took the free option and plan on trying my luck again next Aug.

Just do it again next year. I'm under contract for another 17 months - I told them I wanted to pay the $340 to cancel (fee is $20/every month left on contract). They didn't even attempt to call my bluff - I got hooked up - didn't have to pay a penny for the ticket MAX, got $30/month bill credits for 12 months, and free HBO for a year..

I know, I'm just amazed at how lousy these pay channels are.

They gave me six months of Showtime/Starz, which also includes all the Encore channels, movie channel, etc.... something like 15+ stops on the dial and there literally isn't jack CHIPS AHOY! on 98% of the time.

Boggles the mind...

I know, I'm just amazed at how lousy these pay channels are.

They gave me six months of Showtime/Starz, which also includes all the Encore channels, movie channel, etc.... something like 15+ stops on the dial and there literally isn't jack CHIPS AHOY! on 98% of the time.

Boggles the mind...

Or the movie you want to watch is on Showtime at 1:00p, Showtime 2 at 1:30p, Showtime 3 at 2:00p, Showtime at 4:00p, etc..

Thanks guys. I tried but couldn't get them to cough up Sunday Ticket. I believe it's because I've only been with DirecTV going on 5 months now and am still in the middle of my original promotional offer. They still offered me an additional $5 credit a month for 12 months and 6 months of Showtime and Starz for free though.

I might try to call back in a week or so just to see.

Edited by v0dka

Thanks guys. I tried but couldn't get them to cough up Sunday Ticket. I believe it's because I've only been with DirecTV going on 5 months now and am still in the middle of my original promotional offer. They still offered me an additional $5 credit a month for 12 months and 6 months of Showtime and Starz for free though.

I might try to call back in a week or so just to see.

they are giving it free to new customers ...try the angle of basically being new blah blah blah...and how this isn't the type of customer service that you heard was so great.

they are giving it free to new customers ...try the angle of basically being new blah blah blah...and how this isn't the type of customer service that you heard was so great.

I called 6-7 different times earlier and every single person I talked with would tell me that my account wasn't eligible for any other promotional offers yada yada yada, some even calling my bluff and putting my account in queue for cancelation.

I decided to give it another go and the girl acted as if it wasn't a problem at all - took three minutes and she added NFL Sunday Ticket to my account at no cost.

I love you guys, haha.

I think after 13 years and a bunch of new equipment, they know they have me. I played the "You are giving it to new customers, but what about your faithful? "

I didn't get it for free, but I did get $40 off my bill for the next six months!

Wash! Happy! :jump::headbang::fball::helmet: