[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MVP

Joose

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000069138/article/nfl-quarterly-report-matt-ryan-rg3-texans-off-to-hot-start?module=HP11_content_stream

What does the MVP award even mean anymore? Yes Matt Ryan has played lights out, but MVP (to my understanding) means MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. Is or could Matty Ice be an elite QB? Yes, is the the most valuable player on a certain team? No, I feel Roddy White is a more valuable player than Matt Ryan if baffles me that he isn't even in the debate for MVP.

The MVP award seems like it is given to the player with the most impressive stats now days, and stats are just numbers, it just saddens me.

Who do you guys think the MVP is right now four weeks in?

http://www.nfl.com/n..._content_stream

What does the MVP award even mean anymore? Yes Matt Ryan has played lights out, but MVP (to my understanding) means MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. Is or could Matty Ice be an elite QB? Yes, is the the most valuable player on a certain team? No, I feel Roddy White is a more valuable player than Matt Ryan if baffles me that he isn't even in the debate for MVP.

The MVP award seems like it is given to the player with the most impressive stats now days, and stats are just numbers, it just saddens me.

Who do you guys think the MVP is right now four weeks in?

IIRC, a WR has never won the MVP before, not even Jerry Rice, when it was given to Montana and Young.

Roddy's been awesome, but really not that much moreso than even the other Falcons targets. Maybe this makes Ryan's accomplishments a bit less credible, but he's been playing lights out, other than last game where he was a little out of sync, but sill made enough big plays at key times to come back for a win and have his biggest yardage day of the year.

Great players find a way to win even when they're not having their best games, and that's where I don't think there has been anyone in the NFL better so far than Ryan (not even counting how great his stats have been).

It's pretty much always been given to the player with the most impressive stats. On a winning team.