[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lame RB Pool This Season

mhorn

Is it just me or does it feel like there really haven't been any good RB wavier wire grabs so far this season. I have the #1 waiver priority pick in my league and I haven't seen any RBs worth using it on so far. I just lost Benson and R Williams, you would think that one of the back ups would have a clear path on either team to a full time starting gig, but both teams are a cluttered mess at the RB position. Yuck!

Yep, the few we thought might happen either didn't perform or the injury didn't last long enough, or the team sucks bad enough that it doesn't matter... I've had my hopes up on a bunch already, but nothing so far.

Dwyer

R. Williams

B. Powell

Wilson/A. Brown

Richardson STL

Where's a Jerome Harrison when you need him? I still think there will be a few somewhere... maybe Richardson or Pead, or R Hillman, or Turbin... maybe even a guy like C. Peerman in Cin if BJGE continues to struggle. One that I'm keeping an eye on what happens this week also might be... don't laugh... Jahvid Best. If he ever clears his tests I think he could still be a fantasy factor at some point this season, and he could go on season ending IR soon too.

My league is 0.5ppr and we get points for return yards, so LSH is an option, but is he worth a #1 waiver pick considering his O-Line is horrible and he's going to split carries with W Powell and A Smtih?

I have the #1 priority in a dumb little work league, and I'm waiting until someone does something insanely stupid to burn my priority.

That said, I probably wouldn't burn it based on what you said here...

• Like 1

It is very lame, I especially notice it in a league I am in that went to flex this year. Also there is no ppr. I think Rb's have a higher value with no ppr. I have Hunter, Richardson and Battle on my bench. I should have moved Battle last week when there was interest.

I think just the opposite. The RB pool this year is fascinating. Looks like there's going to be some opportunity for some "no-names" to step up and create a spot for themselves. Guys come from nowhere at RB every year it seems, and this may be the weekend that the door opens for the next out-of-the-blue guy to grab a job and run with it, literally.

BB I think the point others are making is it hasn't happened yet (outside of AlaMo) and that some players people thought could to it, didn't pan out. Maybe that combined with the larger number of RBBC and just poor RB play from some good players (combined with injuries) has more owners scrambling for that next guy, so more are looking and waiting for that breakout.

I've been weat at RB for a few years now in my keeper league, and have had better luck in the past with finding guys on WW that produced. This year every guy including some I drafted (Ingram you bum) just haven't done anything. More dumpster diving and grab and stash than any real rising stars.

All that said, Richardson in STL intrigues me, including a possible feature role in the future if SJax starts to burn out.

It is awful. Teams that are RB heavy are king right now as far as trades . I have seen a lot of overpaying for rbs

+1

I just traded Fitzgerald & Sproles for Morris & Meacham. I know I overpaid, but what are you gonna do???

BB I think the point others are making is it hasn't happened yet (outside of AlaMo) and that some players people thought could to it, didn't pan out. Maybe that combined with the larger number of RBBC and just poor RB play from some good players (combined with injuries) has more owners scrambling for that next guy, so more are looking and waiting for that breakout.

I've been weat at RB for a few years now in my keeper league, and have had better luck in the past with finding guys on WW that produced. This year every guy including some I drafted (Ingram you bum) just haven't done anything. More dumpster diving and grab and stash than any real rising stars.

All that said, Richardson in STL intrigues me, including a possible feature role in the future if SJax starts to burn out.

I know what people are saying, but anyone can pick up a RB after he breaks out. The fun part is identifying which guys are capable of break outs before the breakout occurs - and which guys are the pretenders even though they'll get their shot - and then rolling the dice while these guys are dirt cheap.

And I'd add Ganaway to your list of guys to watch in STL. I like him a whole lot more than either Richardson or Pead as a guy who could pick up the slack after Jackson is gone.

+1

I just traded Fitzgerald & Sproles for Morris & Meacham. I know I overpaid, but what are you gonna do???

Not overpay and hope someone emerges/your strong positions do well enough to outweigh your poor RBs?

Unless you're stacked at some other position, overpaying sounds like making a bad situation worse.

You KNOW the breakthrough RB star(s) of the year are out there. Its happens every year. BB nailed it...the thrill is finding them first or seeing through the fog of injured or benched stars of yesterday. It also takes stones to release a mid-level performer for that hunch.

If cleared, J Best will go off. Will owners of Dwill, JStew, SGreen, CJ0K, Tate, or PThomas considering these guys for Best. Probably not...but they should.