[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jimmy Graham - High ankle sprain?

rajncajn

Regular on the Saints board that has insider ties is saying Graham suffered a high ankle sprain against the Chargers and will miss anywhere from 3-6 weeks. I do know for a fact that Graham was wearing a walking boot after the game, but other than that this is just a rumor so far.

From Roto:

A source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk.com Jimmy Graham (ankle) will play in Week 7.

The Saints have maintained radio silence on Graham's status since he went down in Week 5, but the fact that he played through the injury against the Chargers suggested he'd be ready to roll following a two-week layoff. We'll get our first tangible clue as to his Week 7 status when the Saints return to practice on Wednesday, but for now owners can pencil their TE1 into the lineup.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Oct 16 - 9:54 PM

Well, there seems to be two distinct camps here, about as far apart as you can get. Will be interesting to see what the word is out of practice.

Colston took over Grahams role in the last game. I think the prevailing wisdom was that Grahams work would be split maybe between Moore and Sproles but that is not what happened. I find all this very disturbing since I had my dynasty team set up with Graham, Sprole, and Moore on the roster. If Graham goes down I just insert Moore, and he and Sproles make up the difference. Now I'm a little shaky on it actually shaking out like that, so I'm really hoping the newest rumors are the facts here.

Colston moved to the slot with Graham slowed and ended up with 3 TDs so I'd say him.

If I had to guess then I'd agree that Colston should be the benefactor, but knowing the Saints passing offense, I'd say it's anybody's guess.

The Saints offense is designed to take what the defense gives them. It is very hard to predict unless you know the defensive coordinator for thier next opponent. Sproiles does well when the D's give the underneath and Colston is better if they try to play a tighter man coverage. With Graham hobbled or out, makes little difference just more targets for someone. That will change from week to week.

Just a couple of updates, nothing definitive.

Mike Triplett ‏@TripTP

#Saints injury update: TE Jimmy Graham did not practice.

Mike Triplett

@TripTP

#Saints Kromer did not specify whether Jimmy Graham's ankle sprain was low or high. Said he "looks good," was able to run around a little.

Fletcher Mackel ‏@FletcherMackel

Kromer: Jimmy Graham has an ankle sprain, we'll work him in till game game. Slowly work him in.

ETA: Lance Moore fully practiced today as well.

Edited by rajncajn

Limited participant today is Rotoworld's word on this? I'm banking on him playing which is probably foolish...any inside scoop rajn?

If he's practicing I don't see how it can be the high-ankle & my bet is that he will play. He's always battled through other injuries before so I see no reason why he won't now. His only issues I think may be getting in & out of his cuts, but his route running isn't exactly his strong suit anyway so it may not be too much of an issue.