[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leshoure

Joebirds55

Yeah I thought he looked really solid. Wasn't paying 100 percent attention to the game last night (fantasy was already in the bag :):) ) so when I saw them at the goal line and bell running I was concerned. Will bell be the goal line back going forward? As a leshoure owner who is concerned?

I must admit I am a bit confused as to what is going on with the Detroit running game. I was under the impression that Detroit drafted Leshure to be the short yardage/goaline back and the back to get the tough yards (what they have been lacking). I understand that Leshure fumbled last night (before Bell fumbled at the GL) and Detroit wanted to send him a message. But even before Leshure's fumble, the announcers kept saying that the Lions call J Bell "the closer" and Bell is the goaline back. I thought Leshure was the main and goaline back and Bell was the change of pace back.

I understand these are just "nicknames and catch phrases" and what happens on the field matters more then these "nicknames" but Bell becomes a bit more valuable if he truly IS the goaline back. BUT...after Bell's goaline fumble last night I am curious to see how it all pans out...

Leshure DID average over 5 yards a carry last night against a tough Bears D and besides the fumble, he looked pretty good. I know he had at least 3 runs over 10 yards, looked decent running between the tackles and just looks like the better running back.

NOW...all this being said, both Leshure and Bell are running backs for the Lions which have NEVER produced fantasy points OR stay healthy (besides barry) on a consistent basis so my expectations are not too high to begin with.

Agree with that entire post. I picked up leshoure the week before his huge debut and was really high on him. He was a stud in college that never fumbled....now suddenly he can't hold onto the rock. I was stunned to see bell in there for those consecutive plays before he fumbled. He wasn't doing anything out there, the only explanation is that they were punishing leshoure. I'm glad he fumbled hopefully the idea of bell getting more work went out the window at that moment.

yea that was the 1st detroit game ive seen all year...but the reference to bell as "the closer" had me baffled..i never heard this term/nickname used on him before

maybe he is "the closer" because they are always trailing by multiple tds in the 4th qtr and quit running the ball..idk

Stating the obvious here...DET is trying to see their way out of the fog. I'm heavily invested in Stafford and have made it a point to watch their recent games. When compared to last year, take your pick of the issues: Stafford's mechanics, teams smothering Megatron, indecisiveness of identity - high powered pass vs. power running, poor offense line play, problems a go-go on defense, a boy named Suh, HC Schwartz's shortcomings, etc.

Unless you have no other choice, or a great match-up, stay away from DET. You gotta wait until/if they stabilize.