[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mccoy

Joebirds55

I think he'll be named the starter when he comes back in a week or two.

I also think Brown has bought himself a couple more touches per game, which decreases McCoy's value.

Not the greatest FF situation. I currently have both guys, but may have a tough decision to make during FF playoffs when Philly starts making depth decisions.

thats insane

+1

can I play????

It may not be insane at all depending upon the league. Our office league has extraordinarily tight rosters - start 9 including 1 LB, mandatory TE, and only 6 bench spots. Now that the trade deadline has passed and teams are fighting for playoff spots (9 teams still in contention), there are some teams that simply can't afford to carry dead weight for even a couple of weeks - and now they can't trade it away either. I've been able to pick up Nicks and Garcon on waivers during the season because I've been lucky enough to have a pretty stable group of starters (though I'm currently carrying Gronkowski as dead weight right now for obvious reasons). Other teams just didn't have the roster space to wait out their injuries.

In a league like that, it's entirely possible that a team would swap out Brown for McCoy if their playoffs lives were on the line.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Yeah "that's insane" and "can I join"...first off its not a keeper league. Secondly, every single point above is spot on. Why would the eagles risk further injury to their stud rb? And yes my league is tight on roster spots. 5rb max. Guy who dropped him is on the bubble. Don't blame him for doing so....which led me to my question...do I pick him up? I basically answered my own question, he's not likely to play again.

Although I agree, there is no reason to risk him; teams do it all the time. A P got hurt at the end of last season in a meaningless game. As a coach that knows he is coming back next year (not all in this boat though) I would significantly limit the play of my most valuable starters, no matter what the fans think.

Jesus. What happens if you have injuries and are out of transactions?

No joke!! last year i ran through them.. this year i have also ran through them but am saving 1.. it definitely adds a twist to it that i dont care for but its local and alot of fun

Soo burn my last transaction on Brown is the question?? wrong forum i know,,

If I were McCoy, I'd keep failing the concussion testing on purpose. That awful o-line + rookie QB = defenses keying on McCoy and nowhere to run.

Looks like Bryce Brown did just fine last week.

Soo burn my last transaction on Brown is the question?? wrong forum i know,,

Tough to answer not knowing your team, but I would if you're just saving that last spot to cover injury. There aren't that many weeks left. I don't think you'll get another shot at an RB who has a chance to get the majority of the carries.

Sure it's risky - you only have 1 move - McCoy could come back - people weren't keying on Brown - he fumbled a bunch - etc. But I just don't see anyone coming along in the next month who has his potential upside.

At some point you have to take a risk. Brown seems to have a potential ceiling to justify it.

I feel awful for McCoy. He is a amazing RB, one of the best in the NFL right now. Then I saw some stat that said since 2009 McCoy has gotten over 20 touches just 11 times. 11 is pathetic. He should be getting 20+ every game especially with the way Vick is playing. I think Reid is an idiot. At least Crennel listened when people asked why Charles was getting crap touches.

Anyways, the Eagles suck this year and have no reason to bring him back. He will stay out. There goes my #1 pick.

McCoy is obviously the second best Rb on his team. Brown is a very decisive runner. He has energized the team and there is no way to sit him down this year for McCoy.

I hope you're right. He's been hugh for me the last two weeks.