[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D-Will to be released?

tazinib1

:pantstight:

I just can't give up on my boy.

Updating previous items, the Panthers could save $3.4 million in 2013 salary cap space by releasing DeAngelo Williams as a "post-June 1" cut.

The drawback is tying up nearly $6 million in "dead money," or unusable salary cap space for 2014. The Panthers are going to be in cap jail next offseason, too. Williams now looks like a sure bet to be released with the post-June 1 designation, however, simply because Carolina's first priority is to get under the 2013 salary cap. They're currently $14 million over it. Feb 14 - 9:49 AM

Source: ESPN.com

But, will the change in personnel also come with a change in offensive philosophy, or will they just find someone else to step in to divide up the carries so that no single RB on the team is actually productive?

Good question. I read a rumor on this saying a possible landing spot for DWill would be DEN with former HC John Fox. That would suck for anybody hoping that Moreno would have value next year. (I'm considering him as a possible keeper.)

But, will the change in personnel also come with a change in offensive philosophy, or will they just find someone else to step in to divide up the carries so that no single RB on the team is actually productive?

Doesn't matter. Cam Newton is widely viewed as the RB#1 :sad:

Stew is in a no win situation in Carolina. I actually was hoping HE would be released, but with D-Will on the chopping block, at least he could have SOME sort of value in 2013 (low end RB#2)

Yeah but with 8 touches a game I'm sure he's still got a few years left potentially.

He has been used like a backup though. Much less miles on him then McGahee and he is better as a receiver out of the backfield then McGahee too.

He has been used like a backup though. Much less miles on him then McGahee and he is better as a receiver out of the backfield then McGahee too.

Have fun...he's been productive since when?

I'm not saying I want him or would go after him, I'm simply pointing out that he doesn't have a lot of mileage on him for a 30 year old. He is averaging 188 touches per year.

As silly as it sounds, the Pats would probably offer him a 1yr deal

That wouldn't make much sense for them. I think they have a very good tandem in Ridley and Vereen. I wouldn't be suprised if Woodhead walks and they just draft a young guy late.

They also have Bolden. They have three young guys with different skill sets already.

Packers are looking...oh wait...they have already cemented themselves with SJAX

I have no link buddy but it's not rocket science to see the fit in GB with SJAX. I'm speculating....

Then it isn't cemented, its just a speculation by some dude on a fantasy forum ;)

I think the twitter sphere has changed you. Rumor and speculatio do not equal concrete fact.

As for DWill he may be 30 but hasn't been used up like others RBs who carried the load. As far as DEN and him replacing somebody, you have to wonder who the primary guy is anyway. Is it still McGahee or is it Moreno now? Looking at the keeper ranking on the Huddle I'm led to believe Moreno is the primary ball carrier (or bigger split in RBBC).

Then it isn't cemented, its just a speculation by some dude on a fantasy forum ;)

I think the twitter sphere has changed you. Rumor and speculatio do not equal concrete fact.

As for DWill he may be 30 but hasn't been used up like others RBs who carried the load. As far as DEN and him replacing somebody, you have to wonder who the primary guy is anyway. Is it still McGahee or is it Moreno now? Looking at the keeper ranking on the Huddle I'm led to believe Moreno is the primary ball carrier (or bigger split in RBBC).

I want what you are smoking

D Will has been a quality back, not sure why you can't see that Taz. Oh wait... nevermind, it's obvious why you can't see that

Enlighten me oh Grandeous of the ever obvious! Why is this so clear to you and your omnipresent vision?

This is just pure speculation on my part, but I think Moreno flashed what we have all been waiting for during the playoffs. That will drive his price up, but IMO, he's gonna play second fiddle to McGahee. He still can't block and is horrid in the passing game..let alone fumblitits. I'll let someone else burn a mid pick on him.

:pantstight:

I just can't give up on my boy.

Have fun...he's been productive since when?

Williams hasn't been very productive since the 2009 season...which of course happens to be the exact same season during which Stewart was last productive. See any hypocrisy here? Mocking people for still believing in Williams while at the same time insinuating that you are still excited about Stewart?

and he turns 30 in April.

Yes, Williams will be 30 in April, and McGahee will be 32 in October. Again, see any contradiction or hypocrisy to your arguments?

This is just pure speculation on my part, but I think Moreno flashed what we have all been waiting for during the playoffs. That will drive his price up, but IMO, he's gonna play second fiddle to McGahee. He still can't block and is horrid in the passing game..let alone fumblitits. I'll let someone else burn a mid pick on him.

Actually, Moreno is a very solid back in the passing game, not even remotely "horrid." And one of the main reasons that Moreno was given the starting gig over Ball, et al once McGahee went down last season was BECAUSE he could block and protect Peyton, while the others could not. Oh yeah, and he fumbled ONCE last season. I'm sorry, Taz, but your blind love for Stewart is leading you to just talking out of your ass on this one, with absolutely no support in fact for your arguments.