[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Flacco Is Elite By Association...The Tom Brady Comparison

keggerz

I had hoped to get this published earlier but better late than never http://www.thehuddle.com/2013/articles/sg-0219-joe-flacco-is-elite-by-association.php

I was digging around in some stats when I noticed some stuff with Brady that caught my eye...that led to further research which led to this article...enjoy, and as always, if you have any comments, questions or criticism fire away.

+1

Perception is a funny thing.

Good article. He may be elite, but he still isn't the best ;)

Thanks...and he doesn't have to be...but I sure would want my QB thinking he was.

See, he should be a part of the conversation and those who dismissed his preseason statements should eat a lil crow.

And let's face it, he's head and shoulders above regular season wonder Matt Ryan, who lacks 8 more playoff victories.

I'm guessing you liked the very end of the article.
  • Like 1

i have already spoken to his exemplary post season.... but my comment that you quoted had more to do with his/their earlier success, when his defense was still very potent and he has not lacked talent at rb since he came in. he started out looking great this year....fizzled a bit and then had a couple of up-ticks in the 2nd half of the season. i am currently looking at 24 passing categories...he is top 10 in 4: yds/pass comp (10th); pass int % (5th); game winning drives (5th); and comebacks (3rd)... he had 22 td's with 10 ints. he is a fine qb.. still not elite.

Yes, and I alluded to such in one of my earliest posts. Absolutely. Look, I'm just not swooned with regular season statistics. This is a postseason game and what you do there is all that matters. How someone can argue that Flacco is only as good as Matt Ryan when he has 8 more playoff victories in the same career span dumb. Not a fan of the guy personally, but there's no doubt Roeth knows how to win and yea another ring to get him to 3? Well, chives he's good and yes 3 rings in a career is elite. So what if he doesn't break passing records. Dan Marino anyone?

until this year, bal has been a run first type of team. they started the year much more aggressive than years past (was pretty exciting imo), then got pretty bland with their play-calling. it's a team sport... i don't blame him for the team not getting to the super bowl in 11 (controversial no td and missed chip shot away), or give him all the credit for the win this year, in the same way I don't hold manning and ryan solely responsible for all of their losses.

imo:

rodgers

brees

manning

brady

----------

ryan

roeth

flacco

-----------

eli

romo

rivers

not including the young guys yet (a lot of potential... almost all learning very quickly).

common theme with most qb's (teams) from above is the help they have received from a strong running game and defense. rodgers and brees are on the top of my current list because they carried their teams to championships.

again, flacco is a very good qb, but not elite yet.

• Like 1

Maybe this is where FF production and NFL production just don't quite match up. It's doubtful that Flacco will be anyone's starting QB in the majority of FF leagues in the upcoming year. Except of course for those visionaries who honestly believe that he is the next Tom Brady. I'm not a believer.

Hyundai makes a really nice luxury car now called the Equus. It is a beautiful vehicle. Looks a lot like a Lexus. But at the end of the day, you're still driving a Hyundai. I'll be drafting a Lexus next season.

Edited by Savage Beatings

SB, it's not just a statfest for me, it has to do with the ability to put the team on your back and win vs handing it off to edge, a. smith, dillon, parker, bettis, turner (yes turner...check his stats with atl), lt, rice. i think in most cases the defenses have had a more profound effect on those championships....

look at those early nep years

early pitt years

payton could only win one once his d stiffened in the playoffs

nyg

gb and nos did not have much running game or d (but both d's were very opportunistic)

imo, flacco has mostly benefited from the rb/d combo the previous years. he still got that strong rb this year, but their d declined.

• Like 1