[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offer my view to anyone wanting fantasy advice

HighKite

I just dropped 2 WRs in two different leagues to snag Josh Gordon last night and now I feel uneasy about it. I dropped Michael Floyd in both leagues to make room for Gordon, they actually both share the same bye week.

We have to have 4 WRs on our roster and 3 are starting, we have a flex spot of QB/WR/RB/TE, i usually flex QB. Anywho, here are WR groups after grabbing Gordon.

League 1: Andre Johnson, Antonio Brown, Anquan Boldin, Josh Gordon

League 2: Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Victor Cruz, Josh Gordon

As I said I released Michael Floyd in both leagues, if I need to I can hit the Waiver wire next week. I just have a feeling, which is why I targeted Floyd in my drafts, that he is going to be a solid WR and possibly a breakout year.

Thoughts?

You should have dropped Boldin instead of Floyd. Some folks just got a gift handed to them.

Should I trade Mike Evans or Kelvin Benjamin for Andre Williams?

My RBs are Mathews, Jennings, Lamar Miller, Bradshaw and Donald Brown.

My WRs are D.Thomas, B.Marshall,Torrey Smith, Terrence Williams, Evans and Benjamin.

League requires I start 2 RBs, 3 WRs and a flex.

Welcome back HK! Good to see this thread alive a kicking.

Quick and easy one for you this week on my 10 teamer.

Stacy, Gore or MJD at RB2? I'm leaning Gore due to the Cowboys matchup and the backfield situation in STL is getting hairy. Thinking of holding off on Stacy until I can see how things play out there in STL. Luckily I have some serviceable backups that can be used in Gore and MJD.

Some last minute questions prior to the first week.

I have Ellington on both my teams. With his injury I have the following options at my flex position (WR/RB/Flex):

Team 1:

Pierce vs Hunter (leaning towards Hunter)

Team 2:

Pierce vs T. Williams vs Jordan Reed vs Wheaton (leaning towards T. Williams)

2. Would you start Ryan vs NO or Romo vs SF this week? I have been leaning towards Ryan, but I am starting to second guess myself.

3. Should I be considering picking up Dwyer d/t Ellington's injury status? I am not crazy about him, but he could be a starting back when Ellington is out. I am leaning towards no since Ellington is now questionable for Monday.

Thanks again for your advice.

Hello, would like your thoughts...although I know your opinion on one of the players.

Standard league setup. My situation is that I am 6 points ahead of my opponent. I have a choice between two running backs to start, he has the Arizona Defense left.

My choices are Rashad Jennings (Giants) who is playing in Detroit. My other choice is Joique Bell, who is of course playing the Giants. My initial thoughts were just run with Jennings as he would be the go-to back, getting a good amount of carries. My fear, and what a lot of people are saying is, the Giants will fall behind thus moving to a heavier passing game. The other part of this is that Bell may be more likely to score and be utilized if more if the Giants are up...but may not provide any points if otherwise...but that's why I'm here because I'm not sure.

Once again, 6 points ahead of my fantasy opponent, he has the Cardinals defense left (only) and I have a choice between Jennings or J. Bell, who do I go with?

^ I am down 5.2 and have to choose between JenningS and Joique tonight as well. My opponent has Ryan Matthews still to go.

I think your in a worse spot than me, I'd rather go up against a arguably weak defense...but who knows. I've made one roster mistake this week that has me in this predicament, so I'm hoping I can avoid another miss.

^ I am down 5.2 and have to choose between JenningS and Joique tonight as well. My opponent has Ryan Matthews still to go.

I would personally go with Jennings despite this tough matchup. I just think he touches the ball not only more but in positions where you get more yardage.

• Like 1

Hello, would like your thoughts...although I know your opinion on one of the players.

Standard league setup. My situation is that I am 6 points ahead of my opponent. I have a choice between two running backs to start, he has the Arizona Defense left.

My choices are Rashad Jennings (Giants) who is playing in Detroit. My other choice is Joique Bell, who is of course playing the Giants. My initial thoughts were just run with Jennings as he would be the go-to back, getting a good amount of carries. My fear, and what a lot of people are saying is, the Giants will fall behind thus moving to a heavier passing game. The other part of this is that Bell may be more likely to score and be utilized if more if the Giants are up...but may not provide any points if otherwise...but that's why I'm here because I'm not sure.

Once again, 6 points ahead of my fantasy opponent, he has the Cardinals defense left (only) and I have a choice between Jennings or J. Bell, who do I go with?

I think people are forgetting that the Giants went 7-3 to end last year and my Lions were crappy and really did nothing to help our crappiness for this year.I mean we are working out retired players for our secondary before the 1st game is even played. I think it will be a game and Rashad Jennings will just outtouch Bell enough to make up for any luck TD Bell gets.

Some last minute questions prior to the first week.

I have Ellington on both my teams. With his injury I have the following options at my flex position (WR/RB/Flex):

Team 1:

Pierce vs Hunter (leaning towards Hunter)

Team 2:

Pierce vs T. Williams vs Jordan Reed vs Wheaton (leaning towards T. Williams)

2. Would you start Ryan vs NO or Romo vs SF this week? I have been leaning towards Ryan, but I am starting to second guess myself.

3. Should I be considering picking up Dwyer d/t Ellington's injury status? I am not crazy about him, but he could be a starting back when Ellington is out. I am leaning towards no since Ellington is now questionable for Monday.

Thanks again for your advice.

I think Dwyer is a solid pickup if you have someone you can afford to drop. that way in case Ellington does not play you got a backup plan.

I missed you on the other questions and maybe this too. I apologize. in case you are still debating this it would depend on who you could cut.

Welcome back HK! Good to see this thread alive a kicking.

Quick and easy one for you this week on my 10 teamer.

Stacy, Gore or MJD at RB2? I'm leaning Gore due to the Cowboys matchup and the backfield situation in STL is getting hairy. Thinking of holding off on Stacy until I can see how things play out there in STL. Luckily I have some serviceable backups that can be used in Gore and MJD.

Sorry I missed you Rimmy. good to see you back this year. I apologize for missing but apparently here in Detroit it don't take much to wipe out your power for a week.

Funny as where I used to live down south we would get storms worse than these every evening and never lose power.

Hey HK, need some pickup advice. 10 team league in my signature. Need a replacement for Reed at TE.

Best available I can see are as follows:

Walker, Gresham(Eifert out), Allen(I own Hilton) and Kelce (limited snaps last week).

Walker looks like the best short term option to me. Gresham could also be useful, but he was never good when he was a solo TE so it's not guaranteed he does much with Eifert out. Allen would be good, but I have Hilton as my WR3.

I do however have Benjamin as a possible WR3 if I want to roll with Allen and bench Hilton. I just don't want too much exposure to Colts passing options.

What do you think?

Thanks!

• Like 1

HK. You're thoughts on Pierce? I have Rice, Sankey, MJD & Freeman. I need 1 for this week and I think I would have just as much success dropping Pierce and playing Taylor. What would you suggest? It's PPR and u have no other drops for now

Dave I missed you buddy. I apologize.

Hey HK, need some pickup advice. 10 team league in my signature. Need a replacement for Reed at TE.

Best available I can see are as follows:

Walker, Gresham(Eifert out), Allen(I own Hilton) and Kelce (limited snaps last week).

Walker looks like the best short term option to me. Gresham could also be useful, but he was never good when he was a solo TE so it's not guaranteed he does much with Eifert out. Allen would be good, but I have Hilton as my WR3.

I do however have Benjamin as a possible WR3 if I want to roll with Allen and bench Hilton. I just don't want too much exposure to Colts passing options.

What do you think?

Thanks!

For a season long guy I am with you and like Walker.

Plus he is a excellent option against Dallas who last week who let Vernon Davis get 2 quick TD's and I think if they would of been in the game all night his catches and yards would of been higher too.

As you Gresham scares me. Kelce was used no more than Fasano despite being down like they was.

Allen , now that is a interesting guy. he has Fleener in the way of course but that is the 1 game I got to watch and he looks scared to be hit. meanwhile Allen made some tough catches.

I would go with Walker as he has a fine matchup for you next week and is in on most downs. but keep your eye on Allen.

Edited by HighKite

Do I drop Boykin for Steve Smith off waivers?

Or am I overreacting? Boykin shut down by Richard Sherman so hard to judge his future viability off of week 1. Steve saw 15 targets and got 100+ with a TD.

Smith is the highest profile free agent WR in our league.

Do I make the add/drop?

Do I drop Boykin for Steve Smith off waivers?

Or am I overreacting? Boykin shut down by Richard Sherman so hard to judge his future viability off of week 1. Steve saw 15 targets and got 100+ with a TD.

Smith is the highest profile free agent WR in our league.

Do I make the add/drop?

I would drop Boykin for Smith. I believe Steve Smith is better than Torrey Smith. his age was the only thing that made me wonder.

After game 1 I wonder no more. been a while since I seen Smith play with ( IMO) a good QB. I think if Steve Smith stays healthy he gets 100 catches. just my opinion of course.

I do understand Boykin has some serious upside if 1 of those WR's go down. I would just go with the proven vet.

I just dropped 2 WRs in two different leagues to snag Josh Gordon last night and now I feel uneasy about it. I dropped Michael Floyd in both leagues to make room for Gordon, they actually both share the same bye week.

We have to have 4 WRs on our roster and 3 are starting, we have a flex spot of QB/WR/RB/TE, i usually flex QB. Anywho, here are WR groups after grabbing Gordon.

League 1: Andre Johnson, Antonio Brown, Anquan Boldin, Josh Gordon

League 2: Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Victor Cruz, Josh Gordon

As I said I released Michael Floyd in both leagues, if I need to I can hit the Waiver wire next week. I just have a feeling, which is why I targeted Floyd in my drafts, that he is going to be a solid WR and possibly a breakout year.

Thoughts?

I highly doubt you get a chance to get Michael Floyd back. I would of kept what I have.

I loved Gordon last year you might remember. that was a junk yardage year. but even if he gets his time reduced he still does what? 8 games. that is alot of weeks without flexibility for you.

PPR league, I've found myself essentially without a tight end for a couple weeks and there is crap on the waiver wire. I could plug and play and then hope Reed stays healthy once he gets back (i'm very doubtful of this, I had him last year too), or I could go for (another injury prone player) Gronkowski because due to Ray Rice's suspension, this dude has literally no RB depth anymore. If you were him, would there be any trade that would convince you to let Gronk go? If you were me, would letting go of my RB depth be worth Gronk?

My Team:

RB

LeSean McCoy (solid, though its clear they are giving Sproles more touches than I want them to)

Andre Ellington (supposed to have a HUGE year, but there is a (minor?) injury that nobody is fully adressing)

Knowshon Moreno (had an amazing first game, still has to split time with Lamar Miller)

Danny Woodhead (PPR machine, but in rotation with AT LEAST one other running back)

Benny Cunningham (has a keeper value in the 16th round)

Shonn Greene (nobody wants this dude. Why did I draft him?)

WR

Vincent Jackson, Victor Cruz, Golden Tate, Mike Evans, Hakeem Nicks

TE

Jordan Reed (injury prone, out for at least a couple weeks)

His Team:

RB

Matt Forte, Shane Vereen, James White (Vereens handcuff), Ka'Deem Carey (Forte's handcuff)

WR

Randall Cobb, Percy Harvin, Kendell Wright, Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin

TE

Rob Gronkowski, Heath Miller

I was thinking something along the lines of Knowshon Moreno and Jordan Reed for Rob Gronkowski, which allows him to play Heath Miller until Reed is healthy, and me to upgrade to Gronk. I'm wary though, because if Ellington doesn't get healthy quick then that leave me starting McCoy and Woodhead for most of the season. Is Gronk worth giving up my RB depth? I can't trust anyone in my league for advice because they are all collusive misters. Please help!

Hey HK & thanks for your help last season.

Here's my team:

12 team standard head to head

QB: Matt Ryan

WR: Dez Bryant

WR: Vincent Jackson

RB: Montee Ball

RB: Frank Gore

TE: Jordan Reed

Flex: Emmanuel Sanders

K: D. Bailey

DST: Denver, Jets (starting this week only)

B: Cecil Shorts

B: Justin Hunter

B: Danny Woodhead

B: Ahmad Bradshaw

B: Ronnie Hillman

Any improvement I should try to aim for? Also trying to get rid of gore but no one wants him straight up. Tried packaging gore & vjax or dez but do you have any suggestion on who I could get for gore?

After this week, a week in which Gore should of got off you are gonna have a harder time now trading him than ever. I would hold him now until he has a good week and his stock goes up. I am pretty down on him myself as I thought he had a foolproof week. to be honest what him and Hyde do next week is gonna be very important to what Gores worth down the line.

Gore was a couple of tackles from having much bigger stats though so there is something to build on there. I would hold Gore and hope this week turns out better. although I would have him on the bench this week unless my options were semi thin.

PPR league, I've found myself essentially without a tight end for a couple weeks and there is crap on the waiver wire. I could plug and play and then hope Reed stays healthy once he gets back (i'm very doubtful of this, I had him last year too), or I could go for (another injury prone player) Gronkowski because due to Ray Rice's suspension, this dude has literally no RB depth anymore. If you were him, would there be any trade that would convince you to let Gronk go? If you were me, would letting go of my RB depth be worth Gronk?

My Team:

RB

LeSean McCoy (solid, though its clear they are giving Sproles more touches than I want them to)

Andre Ellington (supposed to have a HUGE year, but there is a (minor?) injury that nobody is fully adressing)

Knowshon Moreno (had an amazing first game, still has to split time with Lamar Miller)

Danny Woodhead (PPR machine, but in rotation with AT LEAST one other running back)

Benny Cunningham (has a keeper value in the 16th round)

Shonn Greene (nobody wants this dude. Why did I draft him?)

WR

Vincent Jackson, Victor Cruz, Golden Tate, Mike Evans, Hakeem Nicks

TE

Jordan Reed (injury prone, out for at least a couple weeks)

His Team:

RB

Matt Forte, Shane Vereen, James White (Vereens handcuff), Ka'Deem Carey (Forte's handcuff)

WR

Randall Cobb, Percy Harvin, Kendell Wright, Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin

TE

Rob Gronkowski, Heath Miller

I was thinking something along the lines of Knowshon Moreno and Jordan Reed for Rob Gronkowski, which allows him to play Heath Miller until Reed is healthy, and me to upgrade to Gronk. I'm wary though, because if Ellington doesn't get healthy quick then that leave me starting McCoy and Woodhead for most of the season. Is Gronk worth giving up my RB depth? I can't trust anyone in my league for advice because they are all collusive misters. Please help!

1st I will say I highly doubt you will get Gronk for Moreno and Jordan. but it never hurts to try.

Like you ,I had Reed in a few leagues last year and he came through quite a few times, but as you said you can see how he runs it is a matter of time before he is hurt.

Being Gronk was not even sure to play week 1 and he comes in a has a good week in week 1 I think the Gronkowski owner will try and make you overpay. he does need a RB but he has a few weeks if he don't get any injuries before he really needs a RB. Vereen is a solid number 2 IMO in PPR leagues.

I am hoping you like Shonne Greene a little better now. I know he did not get off but he proved with his 15 carries for 71 yards he can be usable.

If I was you I would just grab a TE off of waivers. there is always a usable TE on waivers and keep my RB depth. I slightly worry of your WR depth to be honest. this guy does have WR depth too so if I did make a deal with him for a RB I would try and get Gronk and 1 of those recievers. just not sure you can offer up a RB until Ellington is 100 percent.

What TE's are on your waivers?