[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

35-13 and still passing.

Tripleshot

Yes, I know, the ususal suspects here are going to say if the defense can't stop you it's ok to run up the score. But I say that the defense can call an all out blitz, knock the chives out of your all world, stat-padding QB, and take the 15 yard roughing the qb penalty. How's the rest of your season look now? It's really not the qb's fault to be honest. Bill Jr just doesn't know when to take his foot off the gas.

Breaking the TD record would do little to his legacy. Winning another Super Bowl and MVP (League and Super Bowl) would. However, the more they run up the score with passing the ball, the more someone is going to take a late hit on him. If I am Denver, once I am up 3 TDs, I am running the ball 80% of the time. There is no way I want Manning back there passing with some pissed of LB looking to take a cheap shot.

Record be damned. I would rather he stay healthy.

It's okay to run up the score if you are Peyton Manning. It is also okay to be unhappy and keep your helmet on at the sidelines, because you are pulled from a game, when your team is up by more than 30 point.

Manning did not even step on the field in the fourth quarter except to shake Vick's hand at the end of the game, so those of you who comment about the Broncos running up the score should blame the defensive weaknesses of the Eagles rather than Manning and the Broncos. The way they were playing, the Broncos could have put up 70-80 points if they really wanted to run up the score.

Agreed that Manning needs another SB ring to quiet any naysayers about his legacy. Getting another championship with a different team will also help him stand out a bit from the pack.

Edited by historymike
  • Like 2

Chip Kelly is just not an NFL caliber coach at all... He is much better off in college. I have seen so many amateur play calls from him and his style is his own worst enemy - it kills his own defense. The Eagles defense isn't that great to begin with and if you make them spend that much time on the field they become horrible.

Peyton is trying to cement his name as one of the all time greats. By breaking the TD throw record and maybe another Championship he would do just that. In my mind he's already top 3 all time.

He already is one of the greatest regular season QBs we will ever see. Playoffs, not so much

You guys have no idea what happened on the field. I saw a lot more jawing going on between players after plays than in DEN's first 3 games. It could be that DEN was sending a message and teach PHI some humility.

I don't know if that is the case, but it very well could have been - and if PHI was over the top in their trash talking and challenges to DEN, especially after they were down 20+, they deserved everything they got. And Osweiler did play in Q4.

From what I have seen, you PHI fans have a lot more to whine and pule about than Manning throwing a few passes in the 3rd quarter. Your genius college coach already has cooked up a weak D scheme with mediocre personnel. Then he runs his cutesy break neck O, and when they can't sustain drives repeatedly the weak D gets no chance to catch their breath. PHI's D looked completely gassed in the second half, and if I didn't know better I'd say they gave up. You've got a lot bigger problems than Manning throwing some Q3 passes.

Sounds like PHI fans need to put their big-boy panties on if they want to root for a NFL team.

Edited by Bronco Billy
  • Like 2

BB What Philly fans are you talking about, nobody posting in this thread was an Eagles fan that I can see.

Didn't see the end of the game, being in a neutral market they spared us from seeing the rest of the slaughter that was going on. DEN should be resting Peyton and others when they get such a big lead. And make sure they're not risking their season too injury just to prove some point or set some record.

Have enjoyed watching the show this year, and continue to wonder who can challenge the Broncos, needs to be somebody with a good D that can also score a lot.

You guys have no idea what happened on the field. I saw a lot more jawing going on between players after plays than in DEN's first 3 games. It could be that DEN was sending a message and teach PHI some humility.

I don't know if that is the case, but it very well could have been - and if PHI was over the top in their trash talking and challenges to DEN, especially after they were down 20+, they deserved everything they got. And Osweiler did play in Q4.

From what I have seen, you PHI fans have a lot more to whine and pule about than Manning throwing a few passes in the 3rd quarter. Your genius college coach already has cooked up a weak D scheme with mediocre personnel. Then he runs his cutesy break neck O, and when they can't sustain drives repeatedly the weak D gets no chance to catch their breath. PHI's D looked completely gassed in the second half, and if I didn't know better I'd say they gave up. You've got a lot bigger problems than Manning throwing some Q3 passes.

Sounds like PHI fans need to put their big-boy panties on if they want to root for a NFL team.

:unsure:..... okay?......

Is there any evidence in the history of the NFL of a QB getting hit illegally in the 4th quarter of a blowout by a defender trying to send a message? I mean, really late/obvious that there was malicious intent? Some of these comments make me think that people honestly believe that NFL head coaches turn into ruthless animals in these situations. I just don't see it. They aren't sensei Kreese sending Johnny in to sweep the leg.

And Denver was up 14-13 at the half before TDs on 3 straight possessions. Manning was out not too long after. So what is the magical combination of lead size and time left before pulling your starters?

• Like 2

So the people whining about this with no knowledge of what happened on the field are not PHI fans, but are just whining in general?

Seriously? Just. Wow.

I don't know do you? Again I am referring to this thread and the huddle members posting. Not some other place on the internet, talk radio and such. Many were complaining about the Pats running up the score, were they all fans of the opposing team? (I know they were not, some were just Pat/Belicheat/Brady haters).

For the fan of a 4-0 team with a promising season you sure a bitter guy.

PS If the whiners were PHI fans, I'd presume they saw the game and are not whining with no knowledge of the game.