[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pink Penalty Flags

BA Baracus

I dont remember that last year. When they flagged that personal foul hit I was like "whos thowing trash on tge damn field?"

The pink has gone to far. Honestly, who doesnt know about breast cancer by now? When the hell is the NFL going support prostate awareness in November?

• Like 1

I dont remember that last year. When they flagged that personal foul hit I was like "whos thowing trash on tge damn field?"

The pink has gone to far. Honestly, who doesnt know about breast cancer by now? When the hell is the NFL going support prostate awareness in November?

I'm always aware of my prostate in November. :wink:

The pink penalty flags are going to far. There was at least one play where a players pink towel fell on the ground and I thought there was a penalty. I wouldn't be surprised if the league is mandating the wearing of pink jock straps and cups.

Edited by slambo

Breast Cancer = pink flags

Prostate cancer awareness = Brown flags? :oops:

And what the hell, I saw a pink first-down line on the TV? Or was that me drinking too much? WTF

It doesnt piss me off or make me throw things at the tv, it just makes it a bit circus-like, as the pink color is more and more part of the NFL games. Next year the goalposts will be pink. I guess it bothers me to the point of over-saturation. When is it enough? And I am not sure why they are so hot on the NFL being used to get to women? I dont really run from the room to my lady and tell her to schedule her mammogram. But I think if any woman after 40 years on earth goes to the dr , talks to her friends, sisters, mothers, gets that message face-to-face.

If they are going to do it, enhance the Cancer Societies exposure by enhancing awareness of men getting prostate exams. Make it all pink and brown. How about all cancers, each team takes a specific type and enhance awareness.

The National Football League and NFL Players Association will support October's National Breast Cancer Awareness Month with their third-annual national breast cancer screening-reminder and fundraising campaign. In collaboration with the American Cancer Society, the initiative, called "A Crucial Catch: Annual Screening Saves Lives," reminds women 40 and older about the importance of having an annual mammogram.

Beginning on Oct. 2 and continuing throughout the month, NFL breast cancer awareness games will feature:

» Game balls with pink ribbon decals used for every down

» Pink equipment for players including: cleats, wristbands, gloves, sideline caps, helmet decals, captains' patches, chin straps, shoe laces, skull caps, sideline towels, eye shield decals and quarterback towels

» Pink coins used for the coin toss

» Pink sideline caps for coaches and sideline personnel and pink ribbon pins for coaches and team executives

» Pink caps, wristbands, whistles and pins for game officials

» On-field pink ribbon stencils and A Crucial Catch wall banners

» Pink goal post padding in end zones

» Breast cancer awareness track jackets for cheerleaders

• Like 1

Estimates new cases US-2013

Breast 234,580

Prostate 238,590

Page 4 of http://www.cancer.or...cspc-036845.pdf

You're on to something here. I think we should create a new organization: S.T.A.F.F.

Support Testing Anuses For Funk

This new organization can "handle" making men aware that yearly testing is extremely important for their health.

• Like 1

They used to have PSA on tv some night "Just so you know" or something like that that had some geeky doctor telling men to go to their doctor and "Ask for the finger" or something like that. I thought it was brilliant becuase for guys to go through that is not fun but the message spun humor on it.

Edited by Joessfl

My point is that breast cancer is the most popular cancer for everyone to campaign against. Is it really necessary, at this point in time, to still focus more energy on raising awareness of this particular cancer than any other cancer? It has gotten to the point that it is a fad and is, to some degree, a waste of resources that are needed elsewhere.

You're on to something here. I think we should create a new organization: S.T.A.F.F.

Support Testing Anuses For Funk

This new organization can "handle" making men aware that yearly testing is extremely important for their health.

Nice name, CD! I would like to be a S.T.A.F.F. member.

gentlemen,

On a serious note, a public service announcment.

Please get checked at the earliest age your doctor lets you. yes, the doctor and his assistant see your anus. Yes, that is what they do all day, every day. Yours is no different! Yes, its embarrassing and potentially makes your body do involuntary things during the test, but the doctor has seen it all. PLEASE GET CHECKED! I am a firm believer in the test early and often, and research holds that the earlier any cancer is detected, survival rates are high.

I do not have any health concerns personally, so I dont have personal experience with the big C. I do get checked, and I want everyone to get the simple test. Like me, most guys I know dont like doctors, visiting the doctors, setting up appointments, and generally bury their head in the sand. (If no one tells me I have a problem, then I dont have one) DONT IGNORE IT, SCHEDULE IT!

It is better to know if you have a problem! Go in fearless and not worry about if they do find something!

• Like 1

By the way, its for prostate cancer you are getting checked. if you are getting checked for skin cancer, you dont need to show him your anus.

Just some facts for you to peruse...

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/NCI/research-funding

Scroll down to item 4 and you will see that breast cancer research receives approximately double the funding of any other cancer research, including lung cancer, which kills more Americans every year than any other kind of cancer.

• Like 1