[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not good timing on the site going down..

Shorttynaz

The cheat sheets based on custom scoring are still not accessible - those are actually very helpful. I, for one, have drafts tonight and tomorrow night - having no access to those sheets would be hugely disappointing. I can use older versions of the sheets that I used for a draft 2 weeks ago but that's not quite the same. Beyond that, all other material has been read and absorbed.

The cheat sheets based on custom scoring are still not accessible - those are actually very helpful. I, for one, have drafts tonight and tomorrow night - having no access to those sheets would be hugely disappointing. I can use older versions of the sheets that I used for a draft 2 weeks ago but that's not quite the same. Beyond that, all other material has been read and absorbed.

But just how unique is your scoring system that one of the default sheets is not close enough.

If you are 0.5 PPR and the default is 1PPR, the rankings won't be changed (at least not enough to make a major strategy change), so they should work fine.

If your league is very customized, sich as point per carry or attempt, then it wouldn't matter as if I recall correctly, the custom scoring doesn't even allow for those categories.

So yes, the custom scoring sheets are nice, but except in a few very rare occureences, the default sheets are going to be pretty much 95% the same.

what grin said the articles and website was up all summer noone deserves refunds for one day without access! not the huddke's problem if you dont read the content. other than that we were all email the cheatsheets

That's where you're wrong my friend - it IS the huddle's problem. They took my $$ for a service they failed to deliver when I needed it most.

When I pay for my subscription, it doesn't say if it's not up on the day I draft, I should have read it all before then. Some people may pay specifically for lists or cheat sheets - and with technology these days, what if I don't have a printer. Wifi is everywhere - it was present at the place I drafted yesterday. What wasn't present was the info I paid for.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sitting here demanding a refund - but if you were a business owner and you ran your business with that same mentality, you wouldn't be in business very long. Don't piss off the people who essentially puts a roof over your head and food in the fridge - maybe that's a little far fetched, but it's called damage control. Trust takes years to build, and it can be broken in seconds. Word of mouth spreads quick - not to mention when your product or business has a lot of competition in the same type of environment (online business) all specializing in the same thing for roughly the same price. Not hard to jump ship and start taking people with you..

I'm a subscriber to the huddle - have been for a long time now. Will I subscribe next year? Yeah (unless I win a free membership through one of the contests on these forums). Do I expect to see these issues again? No - at least I hope not. Will I renew my membership to the other site I was kind of forced to use at the last minute? All depends on how I like their in season material and how my team pans out over the season using a different set of tiers / player rankings.

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 2

They change enough across the scoring of my various leagues that I find them valuable to have.

Exactly. They change enough to warrant a cheat sheet based on your league settings. If they don't change that much, why did the powers to be spend the time adding that feature for subscribers? Edited by Shorttynaz

Really bad timing for me yesterday as my draft started at 11:30AM EST for one of my big money leagues. I had to scramble to get something last minute and ended up with a cheat sheet from an untrusted source. I've been using thehuddle since 1998 and this is the first time they let me down. I have another draft tonight and at least I can use one of the standard sheets as myhuddle appears to be down still... I work in IT so I know exactly what you guys are going through!

edit: I agree that something should be up on the main page, a link to this thread. I searched and didn't find any info about the outage.. just happened to check the forums.

Edited by rp723

I'm looking at my cheatsheets from the Huddle projections, and have a league that is non-PPR, a realtively typical PPR league and FFPC scoring.

All are custom setup via MyHuddle. Thing is, despite some minor tweaks from the default scoring that the Huddle uses, the ranking of players on my cutsom PPR league is the same as that of the default scoring.... the only change is in the projected points calculation.

Like I said, you must have some real unique rules that differ greatly from the default scoring the Huddle uses (and has been providing via e-mail/PDF) that you can't even use them. I would genuinely be interested in seeing what those are as I do enjoy seeing what some leagues are doing to make their leagues a bit unique.

you know there are free sites where you can print a cheatsheet for your draft and tweek the rankings to suit you...right?

Well your quote you pulled from my previous post wasn't taken out of context. I said I'm coming back to the huddle next year regardless. I don't hold the fantasy writers accountable for a hardware failure. That's not here nor there. But your response says there are free sites out there. Yes, I know this. If I wanted to use a free site's halfassed assessments and outdated rankings, I wouldn't have paid the huddle for my yearly subscription as it was - hell, why not just go out and buy a magazine that was printed in July and use their rankings. I'm sure those are up to date as well..

Well your quote you pulled from my previous post wasn't taken out of context. I said I'm coming back to the huddle next year regardless. I don't hold the fantasy writers accountable for a hardware failure. That's not here nor there. But your response says there are free sites out there. Yes, I know this. If I wanted to use a free site's halfassed assessments and outdated rankings, I wouldn't have paid the huddle for my yearly subscription as it was - hell, why not just go out and buy a magazine that was printed in July and use their rankings. I'm sure those are up to date as well..

Well...I assumed you needed a sheet for a draft right away. FWIW..rankings are rankings..sometimes people are right , sometimes they're not. Does'nt matter if you pay for them or not .I assumed (again) that you at least tweeked (anyones) sheets to suit your preference. I guess if you wanted to follow DMDs sheet to the letter then yeah, you were hosed..

more grown men cried about this one shutoff than the country does when the cia or fbi or apple gets hacked! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa I don't know who to pick in my fantasy draft. I am obviously unprepared that one day without access may ruin all of my football season ! grow up!

O btw birdman my mom was pissed all day yesterday!

• Like 2

more grown men cried about this one shutoff than the country does when the cia or fbi or apple gets hacked! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa I don't know who to pick in my fantasy draft. I am obviously unprepared that one day without access may ruin all of my football season ! grow up!

Who said we're grown men? You're making assumptions again..
  • Like 1

When apple got hacked, grown men cried tears of joy for the wondrous bounty set free.

When The Huddle went down, a different kind of tear was shed.

• Like 4

When I read this, all I heard was one long farting sound.