[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How valuable is a website like theHuddle.com?

Shorttynaz

Sigh...I'm pretty sure they are not a technology company and contract this to a vendor. Please stop making it sound like they should have an infrastructure and disaster recovery of a financial institution or fortune 500 company, cause that is completely unrealistic. They probably have tiered choices on hardware, hosting, and the support provided so at most you could ask them to go up a tier service wise but that might be about it.

It was a joke dude.. Either way - backups are backups, doesn't matter if I'm running a financial institution or if I'm writing a term paper - having a way to restore my work in a timely fashion shouldn't come as something new.. Edited by Shorttynaz

It was a joke dude.. Either way - backups are backups, doesn't matter if I'm running a financial institution or if I'm writing a term paper - having a way to restore my work in a timely fashion shouldn't come as something new..

Sorry, I didn't catch the joke and just found it irksome from the view of an IT person. A lot of people do not understand that sometimes you cannot just flip a switch and have everything restored.

Hey short if I may take this in another direction.

I hope you were this mad at the IRS Losing Loris Learners emails and all her text messages. lol. I hope you blew up the IRS message board and demanded a full tax refund for the last 10 yrs. Dam they are the Federal Govt.

:brow::rofl:

Hey short if I may take this in another direction.

I hope you were this mad at the IRS Losing Loris Learners emails and all her text messages. lol. I hope you blew up the IRS message board and demanded a full tax refund for the last 10 yrs. Dam they are the Federal Govt.

:brow::rofl:

I didn't expect either thread to go where they did.. Both were blown out of proportion..

I'd rather have the intelligence of knowing what rankungs my competition is using than have the best rankings myself.

So even if the Huddle isn't the best, I'd still buy a membership if I knew my competition used it.

For the record, I really like the Huddle's content and buy it for its quality.

• Like 1

I have been a member for .... not really sure how long now. I have considered getting info elsewhere and have peeked at some of the info my league mates have on other pay sites. Not really impressed with them. Still the best draft kit out there. I like the insight on the projections, not just a generic prediction. A mobile app would be nice.

Edited by Phat Rugby

I use the Huddle custom cheat sheets for my baseline starting point for rankings, then send to Excel and make my own adjustments over the course of the preseason. I will look at other free info and soak in what I can to help me form my opinions. So the cheat sheets are an important tool, but what really makes The Huddle stand out IMO is the content that helps you understand how to navigate your draft, account for your league's scoring system in your decision making so you know which positions are most important to fill earlier than later, and the analysis that goes into the rankings. The write-ups and analysis (i.e. coaching change impacts, players changing teams, etc.) are a HUGH part of preparing to draft a winning team - otherwise, you're just somewhat blindly taking names without knowing why you're taking them. So if someone in my leagues is using The Huddle cheat sheets as the end-all be-all tool, I'm perfectly okay with that.

Member for 9 years. Definitely a step up from the free sights. Since I don't follow all the chatter year round it's a good way to play catch up in the Summer. I have a suspicion a few owners in our league are also members. I use it as a starting point but ultimately make my own decisons based on past history otherwise if you just go off cheat sheets who's really managing your team. It's really how you use the data based on your league settings / scoring.

Value for me is not in the cheatsheet. They've moved a few players up & down. For the most part, I get who I like. I find the value in the weekly info for choosing my lineup, individual matchups & the like. The Game Predictions are worth the price of admission alone.

It's the in-season management and articles that makes the huddle worth the price. You can find a top 200 anywhere and they will be somewhat similar. I play in 6-8 leagues a year, which breaks down to $3 to $4 a league. That's very reasonable, considering that I can customize each cheat sheet to the different league rules. The only thing I think they could do better is having a membership forum. Sometimes the best information is free on these forums.