[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dri Archer

Cowboyz1

I picked up Dri Archer because I believe Mike Tomlin is a no nonsense coach and will begin to phase the two knuckleheads Blount and Bell out of his lineup and prepare to move on next year with Archer. He will assume they will be suspended next year and he knows now he cant trust them not to be hittin it over the off-season and winding up with longer suspensions down the road. Can't trust them anymore and you have to be able to trust your starting RB.

My hope/guess is Archer gets every opportunity to become the #1 back sooner rather then later. The only issue is how fast he can pick up pass protection.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Um...

You realize this kid is 5'8" and about 170 lbs. soaking wet, right?

Nice analysis, good pickup, but you're friggin' on crack if you think Archer will ever be the #1 RB for any NFL team.

Ray Rice, Sproles, and Dun all did it. Why not Archer?

Ok it's the steelers I know. It could happen though. 5' 8" 185 after putting on some muscle in the off-season. :shrug:

Ray Rice, Sproles, and Dun all did it. Why not Archer?

Ok it's the steelers I know. It could happen though. 5' 8" 185 after putting on some muscle in the off-season. :shrug:

Ray Rice is 5'8".... but 205 lbs. with tree trunks for legs.

Sproles? :lol: What #1 RB gets under 100 carries every season? Sproles has never topped 93 carries.

Warrick Dunn? He could be the closest comparison at 5'8" and around 180-185... but for the majority of his career, had Mike Alstott to handle the "dirty work".

Could Archer gain 10 lbs. and a crapload of strength to become the "lightning" back in a 2-RB system? Perhaps. But to come out and say this guy's gonna be the Steelers' #1 RB.... a converted WR.... is beyond nutso.

Edit - looks like he did spend his junior season as Kent State's main RB. 159 carries for a whopping 1,429 yards. I can't see him getting 100+ carries in any NFL season. He's got Darren Sproles written all over him. Which, obviously and in the right offense, isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Edited by darin3
  • Like 1

Dave Megette? bad spelling I am sure

Meggett. Never had more than 91 carries or 329 yards rushing in a season.

Can Archer get 6-10 carries per game? Sure, of course.

He's a nice little gadget guy that in the right scheme, could potentially put up Sproles-lite numbers.

Tomlin might be no-nonsense, but winning games is his priority. He isn't going to phase Le'Veon Bell out over a possession charge and DUI. Bell might phase himself out with more stupidity, but Tomlin is going to do what he can do to win games. If Tomlin was really no-nonsense, he might have cut LeGarrette Blount, presuming that Blount is maybe a poor influence to Bell or the team.

Dri will be closer to Dexter McCluster or Tavon Austin than anyone. Love his skills but can't see him as a #1 RB. Can definitely see him as a hybrid slot WR, 3rd down RB, punt and kick returner.

Edited by Trojanmojo

Ray Rice is 5'8".... but 205 lbs. with tree trunks for legs.

Sproles? :lol: What #1 RB gets under 100 carries every season? Sproles has never topped 93 carries.

Warrick Dunn? He could be the closest comparison at 5'8" and around 180-185... but for the majority of his career, had Mike Alstott to handle the "dirty work".

Could Archer gain 10 lbs. and a crapload of strength to become the "lightning" back in a 2-RB system? Perhaps. But to come out and say this guy's gonna be the Steelers' #1 RB.... a converted WR.... is beyond nutso.

Edit - looks like he did spend his junior season as Kent State's main RB. 159 carries for a whopping 1,429 yards. I can't see him getting 100+ carries in any NFL season. He's got Darren Sproles written all over him. Which, obviously and in the right offense, isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Yeah, you have a point there, he is awfully small. We'll see.

I love Dri as a LATE round flyer in ppr redrafts. Love him even more in ppr dynasty leagues. That being said, totally agree with Darin. Dude will never be a workhorse Rb1

Agreed as well. Archer is not the answer to fill bell's shoes. Gadget guy.

I love Dri Archer because he's a Kent State alum. In 2012 Kent played Northern Illinois for the MAC title. I went to a bar with a bunch of my KSU buddies to watch that game. Dri was electric. But the game overall, talk about a face only a Mother could love.