[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My main Huddle complaint

DanTheMan_5

You've got the free agent forecast for pickups.

Obviously the player projections take a lot of time to put together. I'd much rather have time put into these and have good quality material for lineup decisions than have them rush out an inferior product.

Free Agent forecasts are hardly comprehensive, usually only includes a dozen or so players. So everything that comes out Tuesday in the rest of the FF world is inferior? Prompt doesn't necessarily mean it has to be sub-par quality.

Don't get me wrong, I obviously like the Huddle, I've renewed now for several years...but the question was asked, so..............

My main complaint with The Huddle is that the snack selection in the forums could use a few more options. Wings and nachos are great snacks but I think the addition of fried cheese curds would be stellar. I emailed DMD only to get a reply saying that the forums are actually not run by The Huddle but another company. I guess there goes my main Huddle complaint.

Wait, you mean you're not getting snacks? Sucks to be you. Works just fine for me. :pop::brew:

Can I be frank here? Can we talk? My complaint to the Huddle is that cheerleader pics have been scaled back. Where are the cheerleader pics? I would like cheerleader pics that I can download to Microsoft Word or also be able to have a printer friendly option where I can print the pic in different sizes with very little distortion.

I agree :D

I forgot it was time for the yearly complaints about differing opinion. Maybe it was better when it was just DMD, LOL

• Weekly projections don't come out until Wednesday. Virtually every other sites' are posted on Tuesdays. The most important ww claims in two of my leagues process on Wednesday morning (the first claims after all games have been played) before the Huddle posts their weekly projections. Would be nice to have them for these decisions. This came up last year (or maybe the year before, not sure) and the answer was that because of the weekly schedule that is kept by the preparers of the projections and the amount of time going into the process, Wednesday was the best time to post them. I play in two leagues with very shallow benches, so the weekly ww moves are critical, and weekly projections are important info to have to make these decisions So for me, it's like posting your annual player rankings after all of the drafts have taken place.

• The forum is virtually dead this year, even worse than last year, which was ten times worse than a couple of years ago and the year before that. The site seems to be dying. I have no idea if membership is up or down, but forum activity is definitely down.

• Auction draft values. The Huddle uses percentages rather than $$$ values, which is bogus. This means that with a $200 budget, all players have even $$ valuation amounts, and the minimum value for every player in the draft is $2. Doesn't really work. I've been a subscriber for several years now, and my two main locals are auction leagues, yet I've never used the Huddle's auction values to prepare.

Point1- Do you want good projections or fast? I see you point but none of the decent sites offer projections that early that I have seen. Yeah I saw your other post. If the projections were decent you probably wouldn't be complaining about when the Huddle's come out since you would be using them

Point2- Are you new here or just missed what happened?

Point3- Really? I'm no math wiz but If you double the percentage it will be equal to the cash value in your $200 auction. You're welcome

I agree :D

I forgot it was time for the yearly complaints about differing opinion. Maybe it was better when it was just DMD, LOL

Point1- Do you want good projections or fast? I see you point but none of the decent sites offer projections that early that I have seen. Yeah I saw your other post. If the projections were decent you probably wouldn't be complaining about when the Huddle's come out since you would be using them

Point2- Are you new here or just missed what happened?

Point3- Really? I'm no math wiz but If you double the percentage it will be equal to the cash value in your $200 auction. You're welcome

Point 1 - No, the other projections I use are of good quality, and I only use three others...just would like to have the Huddle's rankings included for my decisions, that's all.

Point 2 - Did you read my post? No, not new at all, just commenting on the declining activity on the forum the last couple of years. It's undeniable.

Point 3 - You miss the point. I realize that the math works to account for the entire $200 budget, but assuming a minimum value of $2 per player is wrong. Assuming that all players have even $$ amount valuations is also wrong.

I have no complaints on when the weekly projections come out. They come out on Wednesday as advertised 100% of the time. Some other sites don't get their projections out the day they say they will come out.

Projections that come out on Tuesday are about as valuable as things at the dollar store.

Point 1 - No, the other projections I use are of good quality, and I only use three others...just would like to have the Huddle's rankings included for my decisions, that's all.

Point 2 - Did you read my post? No, not new at all, just commenting on the declining activity on the forum the last couple of years. It's undeniable.

Point 3 - You miss the point. I realize that the math works to account for the entire $200 budget, but assuming a minimum value of $2 per player is wrong. Assuming that all players have even $$ amount valuations is also wrong.

Good quality to you may not be classified as good quality to others.

Even dollar values? Do you go into a draft and draft precisely according to what the Huddle auction values show? Obviously in your case no since you may sometimes want to bid $3 on a player when the report says $2 or $4. Dang it I hate when that happens! Lol.

• Weekly projections don't come out until Wednesday. Virtually every other sites' are posted on Tuesdays. The most important ww claims in two of my leagues process on Wednesday morning (the first claims after all games have been played) before the Huddle posts their weekly projections. Would be nice to have them for these decisions. This came up last year (or maybe the year before, not sure) and the answer was that because of the weekly schedule that is kept by the preparers of the projections and the amount of time going into the process, Wednesday was the best time to post them. I play in two leagues with very shallow benches, so the weekly ww moves are critical, and weekly projections are important info to have to make these decisions So for me, it's like posting your annual player rankings after all of the drafts have taken place.

I will guarantee you that the sites that are producing their weekly projections that early are doing so because they are simply computer generated with a few tweaks here and there. I know this to be a fact for many of them. We do not, and have never, done that. And never will. Our projections are the results of each game and player matchup being analyzed in detail by a human being that's been doing it quite successfully for almost 20 years now. That takes time. Most humans would take until Friday to do what David does by Wednesday morning. It is literally a 40+ hour process that begins on Sundays.

If you want fast, there are other options out there. If you what good and accurate, then Wednesday morning is the best we can do.

• Like 4

I will guarantee you that the sites that are producing their weekly projections that early are doing so because they are simply computer generated with a few tweaks here and there. I know this to be a fact for many of them. We do not, and have never, done that. And never will. Our projections are the results of each game and player matchup being analyzed in detail by a human being that's been doing it quite successfully for almost 20 years now. That takes time. Most humans would take until Friday to do what David does by Wednesday morning. It is literally a 40+ hour process that begins on Sundays.

If you want fast, there are other options out there. If you what good and accurate, then Wednesday morning is the best we can do.

Fair enough...appreciate the feedback and the work.