[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My main Huddle complaint

DanTheMan_5

Seriously.. Instead of coming across as so defensive, why not ask for more specifics.. I can't be the only one experiencing issues. I know isht happens sometimes, but seriously - you just had a complete site meltdown less than a week ago - I'm sure things are going to be glitch here and there. I'm trying to help - but if you don't want my help - so be it.. I'll move on to other sources that actually work.

- Sorry to come across like an a$$ but I think most of us here have been pretty patient in all of this. I'm the type of person who likes to help - not nitpick the small isht, but if something like a "mobile site" isn't working - that's not a small issue.. I CAN get to the site from my phone when I go into settings and click the option to run it in desktop view - but when that option is not selected, it never loads..

I understand how you feel but as somebody that works in software I know how frustrating it is to get reports of errors that don't seem legit. Just finished a 2 week ordeal back and forth with a user telling them "that cannot happen" then with more info from their system I figured out how it happened and am working on the fix. Had to eat crow with the user and our internal support reps who worked with them.

At the same time providing more info (the screen shot you said you'd capture) can be invaluable to them in trouble shooting. Or like you added now that changing settings to desktop view makes it work. Computers, networks and are all very complex and hunting for problems without good info is often fruitless.

I understand how you feel but as somebody that works in software I know how frustrating it is to get reports of errors that don't seem legit. Just finished a 2 week ordeal back and forth with a user telling them "that cannot happen" then with more info from their system I figured out how it happened and am working on the fix. Had to eat crow with the user and our internal support reps who worked with them.

At the same time providing more info (the screen shot you said you'd capture) can be invaluable to them in trouble shooting. Or like you added now that changing settings to desktop view makes it work. Computers, networks and are all very complex and hunting for problems without good info is often fruitless.

I too am a software engineer - and I understand the complexities of making everything work. That's where my frustration came from on a response that I took as "well, sucks to be you - it works for me". When I'm trying to work on my stuff and expand the functionality of software, I need feedback - people telling me what works and what doesn't. I know the powers to be that are still trying to hammer out all the glitches this past weekend are probably more frustrated than their customers are - IDK - I'm over it.. It's getting to the point where I feel it's a "bonus" if I can actually access content that I paid for - maybe the huddle should start selling support contracts so that I can open up a ticket with someone and help troubleshoot the mobile issues I'm having - but in all honesty, I don't access the site from my phone all that much - I'm usually in front of a computer. All I was saying in my earlier post is the mobile site RARELY works - and this morning when I tried to access the "In Season" features link off the main page from my laptop, my browser timed out and told me that the website is experiencing issues. To make sure it wasn't my internet - I went to msn.com, that loaded right away. I went to the other site I subscribed to this past weekend when the huddle was having issues, their site loads without issues - and you know what? Their mobile site works too... Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

Well I'm not lying. Next time it happens I'll take a screen capture from my phone and/or my laptop. Just tell me where to send it..

support@thehuddle.com please. Thanks.

The jury is still out on my end, this being my first season with the huddle. What I am hoping for is that free agent news all season long that can truly set fantasy owners apart. I want to know when to pick up the guys everyone else is ignoring, because all they have access to are ESPN, rotoworld, etc.

I understand every site has periodical issues, so I have no beef as far as that goes. But back to THE reason I joined the huddle....will I find what I was looking for?

That's a weekly feature, EVERY Tuesday.. I think they call it the Free Agent Forecast. It's a pretty good read. Some of the choices are obvious - and they have rankings based between one $ sign and four $$$$ signs.. Go to the home page and click in season > Tuesday > Free Agent Forecasts..

Gets better as the season progresses.

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

The jury is still out on my end, this being my first season with the huddle. What I am hoping for is that free agent news all season long that can truly set fantasy owners apart. I want to know when to pick up the guys everyone else is ignoring, because all they have access to are ESPN, rotoworld, etc.

I understand every site has periodical issues, so I have no beef as far as that goes. But back to THE reason I joined the huddle....will I find what I was looking for?

I think you'll find the site extremely useful in season. Some of our gripes are (such as connectivity issues) are legit, but they havent been issues in years past so I don't expect them to continue long. The rest are just suggestions. I for one appreciate that the Huddle staff communicates with its users in these forums.

• Like 2

I have been trying to reup my membership the last few days and it keeps saying I have an account already click here then it sends me to the home page again. Very annoying. I have tried iPad and a windows laptop.

Username. Jrpolars

I would recommend you post this in the site support forum.

That's a weekly feature, EVERY Tuesday.. I think they call it the Free Agent Forecast. It's a pretty good read. Some of the choices are obvious - and they have rankings based between one $ sign and four $$$$ signs.. Go to the home page and click in season > Tuesday > Free Agent Forecasts..

Awesome - that's exactly what I hoped for!

• Like 1

Not sure why you are experiencing that since the site hasn't been down for a single second since it was restored Tuesday afternoon. And the forums have never been down, just some database issues causing topics to get errors.

Forums were definitely down for a couple hours today. I had the issue on my phone and laptop.

Who writes that one? It's one of the best reads every week.

Forums were definitely down for a couple hours today. I had the issue on my phone and laptop.

When I first opened the forum today I saw four or five copies of topics that wouldn't open when you hit them. I did go to the bottom of the page where it only had one topic and the one I tried there did open.

As far as complaints about projections being all different, that happens leading up to week one more than anytime. A new season brings change. The first weekend will see many new breakout players and others will disappoint. As the weeks go by, things shake out a little more.

Teams rise and fall every year.

My main complaint with The Huddle is that the snack selection in the forums could use a few more options. Wings and nachos are great snacks but I think the addition of fried cheese curds would be stellar. I emailed DMD only to get a reply saying that the forums are actually not run by The Huddle but another company. I guess there goes my main Huddle complaint.

Wait, you mean you're not getting snacks? Sucks to be you. Works just fine for me. :pop::brew:

• Like 1

Can I be frank here? Can we talk? My complaint to the Huddle is that cheerleader pics have been scaled back. Where are the cheerleader pics? I would like cheerleader pics that I can download to Microsoft Word or also be able to have a printer friendly option where I can print the pic in different sizes with very little distortion.

Edited by MikesVikes
  • Like 4

Can I be frank here? Can we talk? My complaint to the Huddle is that cheerleader pics have been scaled back. Where are the cheerleader pics? I would like cheerleader pics that I can download to Microsoft Word or also be able to have a printer friendly option where I can print the pic in different sizes with very little distortion.

Jumbotron is no longer here.

I have mostly found that the huddle lacks in the breaking player news department ... it eventually gets there

Yep...Rotoworld is where you gotta get the instantaneous 'this just in' news reports. The benefit of the Huddle news is the opinion that follows. It's typically spot on and worth a few minutes wait.

Oh, and I'm not getting snacks like TS. I'm hungry, where the truck are the snacks!

My main complaint with The Huddle is that the snack selection in the forums could use a few more options. Wings and nachos are great snacks but I think the addition of fried cheese curds would be stellar. I emailed DMD only to get a reply saying that the forums are actually not run by The Huddle but another company. I guess there goes my main Huddle complaint.

Wait, you mean you're not getting snacks? Sucks to be you. Works just fine for me. :pop::brew:

Yep...Rotoworld is where you gotta get the instantaneous 'this just in' news reports. The benefit of the Huddle news is the opinion that follows. It's typically spot on and worth a few minutes wait.

Oh, and I'm not getting snacks like TS. I'm hungry, where the truck are the snacks!

Did someone say SACKS! Oh, you said snacks :kicksrock:

If you want instantaneous then it's Twitter.

If you want instantaneous then it's Twitter.

That's true. I just don't like it blowing up my phone. Rather have a roto page open on auto refresh on my computer.

Edited by BA Baracus

• Weekly projections don't come out until Wednesday. Virtually every other sites' are posted on Tuesdays. The most important ww claims in two of my leagues process on Wednesday morning (the first claims after all games have been played) before the Huddle posts their weekly projections. Would be nice to have them for these decisions. This came up last year (or maybe the year before, not sure) and the answer was that because of the weekly schedule that is kept by the preparers of the projections and the amount of time going into the process, Wednesday was the best time to post them. I play in two leagues with very shallow benches, so the weekly ww moves are critical, and weekly projections are important info to have to make these decisions So for me, it's like posting your annual player rankings after all of the drafts have taken place.

• The forum is virtually dead this year, even worse than last year, which was ten times worse than a couple of years ago and the year before that. The site seems to be dying. I have no idea if membership is up or down, but forum activity is definitely down.

• Auction draft values. The Huddle uses percentages rather than $$$ values, which is bogus. This means that with a $200 budget, all players have even $$ valuation amounts, and the minimum value for every player in the draft is $2. Doesn't really work. I've been a subscriber for several years now, and my two main locals are auction leagues, yet I've never used the Huddle's auction values to prepare.

• Weekly projections don't come out until Wednesday. Virtually every other sites' are posted on Tuesdays. The most important ww claims in two of my leagues process on Wednesday morning (the first claims after all games have been played) before the Huddle posts their weekly projections. Would be nice to have them for these decisions. This came up last year (or maybe the year before, not sure) and the answer was that because of the weekly schedule that is kept by the preparers of the projections and the amount of time going into the process, Wednesday was the best time to post them. I play in two leagues with very shallow benches, so the weekly ww moves are critical, and weekly projections are important info to have to make these decisions So for me, it's like posting your annual player rankings after all of the drafts have taken place.

• The forum is virtually dead this year, even worse than last year, which was ten times worse than a couple of years ago and the year before that. The site seems to be dying. I have no idea if membership is up or down, but forum activity is definitely down.

• Auction draft values. The Huddle uses percentages rather than $$$ values, which is bogus. This means that with a $200 budget, all players have even $$ valuation amounts, and the minimum value for every player in the draft is $2. Doesn't really work. I've been a subscriber for several years now, and my two main locals are auction leagues, yet I've never used the Huddle's auction values to prepare.

You've got the free agent forecast for pickups.

Obviously the player projections take a lot of time to put together. I'd much rather have time put into these and have good quality material for lineup decisions than have them rush out an inferior product.

• Like 1