[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My main Huddle complaint

DanTheMan_5

I love the Huddle. I am quite certain that every season I get a win or 2 extra based on the information I garner.

My one minor beef is the news feed. Not just this year, but every year. Often stories are posted but then when you click on it there is no story. That's sloppy editing.

Also, all major news sites are reporting that Ellington may be out. This is a HUGE story in fantasy. How can the Huddle have nothing on this right away?

Am I over-reacting? I'm not saying it's a huge deal, I just find it odd that there's not a single staff member that can provide these updates in a more timely manner. I know I can get the info from dozens of other places, but .... I dunno. Maybe I just didn't get enough sleep.

I'm more upset that the site is frequently down the last 7 days. Happened again today.

I experience the same thing. It's not just the forum, or not just the in season material - it's everything.. Sometimes I can get in, sometimes I get a screen telling me that the website is down..

I immediately tweeted that out this morning at 8 AM. I guess I should have hit the news but I knew it would catch it later and we did report he had foot issues last night.

I am very bothered when the site is down though it has not happened to me since Tuesday when we came back up. I think they still had a few issues with iPads. Not aware of any downtime personally.

As for the new format, it was all done to better accommodate mobile users and all the varying screen sizes out there. It is the way of the future I am told.

I immediately tweeted that out this morning at 8 AM. I guess I should have hit the news but I knew it would catch it later and we did report he had foot issues last night.

AH, I didn't see the earlier story.

FWIW, I can't speak for everyone, but I don't tweet.

FYI, on home page top 2 stories in list are watkins and welker. However when you click its ellington and welker. No news about watkins.

I really dislike the new format, it appears that the main goal of it is to ensure I look at the advertisements. "The way of the future" is just doublespeak as this is the ONLY website that I frequent that does this.

This is even more frustrating as I am a paying subscriber, why do I have to be bombarded by ads on a site I'm supposedly supporting?

I love the Huddle. I am quite certain that every season I get a win or 2 extra based on the information I garner.

My one minor beef is the news feed. Not just this year, but every year. Often stories are posted but then when you click on it there is no story. That's sloppy editing.

Also, all major news sites are reporting that Ellington may be out. This is a HUGE story in fantasy. How can the Huddle have nothing on this right away?

Am I over-reacting? I'm not saying it's a huge deal, I just find it odd that there's not a single staff member that can provide these updates in a more timely manner. I know I can get the info from dozens of other places, but .... I dunno. Maybe I just didn't get enough sleep.

I've mentioned that before too, think I even posted in the site & support forum and got some sort of excuse that didn't make sense. If there's a link with info and I click on and there's no info, that just wrong.

There is a mapping glitch on the home page news that will not show everything there on the news feed. It often has to do with rookies for some reason and each time it seems fixed it later crops again. I agree - if it shows on the HP it should show on the news. It is back on the fix list.

FYI, on home page top 2 stories in list are watkins and welker. However when you click its ellington and welker. No news about watkins.

I won't bore you with the gory details, but that's a database/player ID/indexing issue that we're looking into. It's not sloppiness on our part. All the news linkage is database driven.

I really dislike the new format, it appears that the main goal of it is to ensure I look at the advertisements. "The way of the future" is just doublespeak as this is the ONLY website that I frequent that does this.

This is even more frustrating as I am a paying subscriber, why do I have to be bombarded by ads on a site I'm supposedly supporting?

You shouldn't see any ads on mobile. Viewing the site via tablet or desktop should show only a single banner in the right rail of the page if you are logged in. If you're not logged in you will see additional advertising.

So I'm unsure why you would be having such an experience with the site. There are only two banners per page, and one won't show if you're logged in.

I am very bothered when the site is down though it has not happened to me since Tuesday when we came back up. I think they still had a few issues with iPads. Not aware of any downtime personally.

As for the new format, it was all done to better accommodate mobile users and all the varying screen sizes out there. It is the way of the future I am told.

I can RARELY access the site from my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S4). I have better luck from my laptop, but this morning I was even getting a popup on my laptop saying the website was down.

AH, I didn't see the earlier story.

FWIW, I can't speak for everyone, but I don't tweet.

I don't either. Had a twitter account a few years ago - never understood the point of it, deactivated my account..

I can RARELY access the site from my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S4). I have better luck from my laptop, but this morning I was even getting a popup on my laptop saying the website was down.

Not sure why you are experiencing that since the site hasn't been down for a single second since it was restored Tuesday afternoon. And the forums have never been down, just some database issues causing topics to get errors.

Not sure why you are experiencing that since the site hasn't been down for a single second since it was restored Tuesday afternoon. And the forums have never been down, just some database issues causing topics to get errors.

Well I'm not lying. Next time it happens I'll take a screen capture from my phone and/or my laptop. Just tell me where to send it.. Edited by Shorttynaz

I don't either. Had a twitter account a few years ago - never understood the point of it, deactivated my account..

Same here (no twitter) but the Ellington news was in the latest Huddle News email that was sent out. I know many of these things (FB, twitter, instagram) are the waves of the future but don't like the way they sometimes replace regular web site, email and other existing and perfectly good (and not specialized) communication tools.

Not to Pile on, and this isn't really a complaint, more of a request.

In the Game Predictions, I like years past where each teams analysis was broke down by Position. I mean i know it kind of is now, but it takes more than a cursory glance without the bold text. I think it used to be like this

Wide Receivers: blah blah blah

Running Backs: blah blah blah

etc

• Like 1

Quit lying you son of a BIATCH!

Seriously.. Instead of coming across as so defensive, why not ask for more specifics.. I can't be the only one experiencing issues. I know isht happens sometimes, but seriously - you just had a complete site meltdown less than a week ago - I'm sure things are going to be glitch here and there. I'm trying to help - but if you don't want my help - so be it.. I'll move on to other sources that actually work.

- Sorry to come across like an a$$ but I think most of us here have been pretty patient in all of this. I'm the type of person who likes to help - not nitpick the small isht, but if something like a "mobile site" isn't working - that's not a small issue.. I CAN get to the site from my phone when I go into settings and click the option to run it in desktop view - but when that option is not selected, it never loads..

Not to Pile on, and this isn't really a complaint, more of a request.

In the Game Predictions, I like years past where each teams analysis was broke down by Position. I mean i know it kind of is now, but it takes more than a cursory glance without the bold text. I think it used to be like this

Wide Receivers: blah blah blah

Running Backs: blah blah blah

etc

I started writing it and realized I did not do that. I was planning on returning to it next week since it makes for a more consistent read game-to-game. I also will start bolding player names again.