[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens "open" to re-hiring Ray Rice... "down the line"

Papa Deuce

I'm sorry, but if these teams can't understand the concept of bad PR just from the last few weeks, I guess they never will.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=25682920

Though, I guess they can do what they want, but I sure as hell wouldn't do it just from the abuse you will take from protest groups.

Edited by Papa Deuce

And you are a fan of the Eagles? Did you have this same stance when they signed Michael Vick?

Not only did I, but I actually "sold" my fanship on ebay for a year for charity. I raised 237 dollars for the SPCA. And I watched the Texans for a year because the winner asked me to.

I was on local TV, and was contacted by ESPN to appear but it never happened.

Edited by Papa Deuce

I'm a believer in second chances, but I wonder why would the Ravens go out of there way to make this public and take on the bad PR it will include.

Or is it only public because Rice brought it up (in reference to being bribed with it) and now the Ravens owner needs to spin it so it doesn't sound as bad.

And if they're willing to take him back with a front office job, why have they already stated that he will never play for the Ravens again?

• Like 1

Uh... no, not me.... I walked the walk.

Wow, so you in fact are no longer a fan of the Eagles right? You did not ever cheer for them once while Vick was on the team correct?

I applaud your donation, but perhaps its time to notice the shades of gray between all that black and white.

Not only did I, but I actually "sold" my fanship on ebay for a year for charity. I raised 237 dollars for the SPCA. And I watched the Texans for a year because the winner asked me to.

I was on local TV, and was contacted by ESPN to appear but it never happened.

But once the year elapsed you were back to being a Philly fan and supported Vick?

But once the year elapsed you were back to being a Philly fan and supported Vick?

Nope. Never supported Vick. In fact, I had a Vick jersey before he was with the Eagles. I threw it away when the story came out... and while I did follow the Eagles after the first year, my heart wasn't in it.

You can keep trying to bait me; I did the right thing.

Nope. Never supported Vick. In fact, I had a Vick jersey before he was with the Eagles. I threw it away when the story came out... and while I did follow the Eagles after the first year, my heart wasn't in it.

So you hold the same standard in your personal life too? With everybody you know? They make one mistake and that's it, they are done? Or is this a standard you only apply to people you don't know?

Do you want a sucker or something??? I for one believe people can change and it would make me a very small person if I were to judge what is in their heart after they have paid the consequences for what they did. It would also suck to have to go through life feeling like you have to hate people because of their past.....nah, not for me!

• Like 1

So you hold the same standard in your personal life too? With everybody you know? They make one mistake and that's it, they are done? Or is this a standard you only apply to people you don't know?

If the mistake involves violence, yep. Because violence is not a mistake; it is a choice.