[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hillman out at least 2 weeks

cincy slammers

Per Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7440/ronnie-hillman

Time for CJ?

The Denver Post reports Ronnie Hillman will miss "at least two weeks" with a mid-foot sprain in his right foot.

The Denver Post's Mike Klis says Hillman suffered the injury in Sunday's win over Oakland. He entered that game battling an assortment of injuries. C.J. Anderson took over as Denver's featured back and went off, showing plus versatility and an attacking, downhill style as a runner. With the Rams on deck, Anderson should be added in all fantasy leagues. Anderson has outplayed Juwan Thompson by a significant margin, and Montee Ball (groin) seems unlikely to be immediately reinstalled as more than a timeshare back. Nov 10 - 3:30 PM

That's a very odd, if not factually incorrect, analysis of Anderson's performance in comparison to Thompson: "outplayed Thompson by a significant margin"? Anderson had barely been used in the absence of Ball. If Ball is healthy, I'm not so sure a single good game against Oakland as fill-in for a fill-in suddenly makes Anderson a valid fantasy consideration. Unless Ball was held out yesterday for health concerns they're not disclosing, I think this just means he comes back to his old job

Edited by sksmith

If Ball is active and Hillman is out, why wouldn't Ball get the start? After all, he was their #1 back going into the season and wasn't benched due to performance. Granted, Thompson/Anderson will get carries, possibly 40-50% split between them, but I doubt either would move ahead on Ball on the depth chart.

Ball was saying that regarding Hillman, not sure if it applies to CJ and/or Thompson. :shrug:

I presume he was talking long term. If he's healthy this week then he's got a lucky break to play without Hillman taking carries, this is his chance to shine. Although the Rams look like a tough matchup on the ground based on recent weeks.

I find it amusing that many people are claiming CJ as the "next big thing." I'm sure he will be the big pick up this week. Reminds me of 7-8 other RBs that were in the same situation only to never duplciate thier performance. He did it against the Raiders. My Grandmother could be a good RB prospect against them. He warrented some more touches but it's Ball's job if he can play.

SO where are all the people bashing me for saying I traded mckinnon for ball and raving about him

Idiot.

SO where are all the people bashing me for saying I traded mckinnon for ball and raving about him

:rofl: You really have reading comprehension issues. Nobody was bashing you for any trade, although you act like everyone did. We were just calling you out for absurd nuthugging of Ball despite Hillman obviously outplaying him.

Maybe ball gets the start but I see it at least being 50/50 in touches. Ball is still working his way back. If he didn't get injured, I think eventually ball would've been benched or put in a RBBC. I wouldn't be confident in them handing the starting job to ball off the bat after another rb had a great game

Cj ran against the raiders :rofl:

The Broncos seem to like using this hot-hand RB approach, so I wouldn't be surprised at some type of committee until one proves himself as the dominant back.

The Broncos seem to like using this hot-hand RB approach, so I wouldn't be surprised at some type of committee until one proves himself as the dominant back.

so when Juwan Thompson scored a couple Tds and ran good I didnt see him take over the RB spot..

The point is Montee Ball is a running back that can catch out of the backfiedl.. he can make people miss in the open... I really dont see old man peyton letting Montee hang out to dry. He gets him involved this week in a SERIOUS way. Check downs screens etc. It seems everytime a player is "DUE" or over "DUE" peyton recognizes that in SUCH A BIG way and helps them put up #'s theres no reason in my mind to believe that monte Ball WONT have the biggest day this sunday as a Broncos offensive player. none at all..

Monte will carry 17 times for 84 and catch 9 for 50 and a TD IMO

so when Juwan Thompson scored a couple Tds and ran good I didnt see him take over the RB spot..

The point is Montee Ball is a running back that can catch out of the backfiedl.. he can make people miss in the open... I really dont see old man peyton letting Montee hang out to dry. He gets him involved this week in a SERIOUS way. Check downs screens etc. It seems everytime a player is "DUE" or over "DUE" peyton recognizes that in SUCH A BIG way and helps them put up #'s theres no reason in my mind to believe that monte Ball WONT have the biggest day this sunday as a Broncos offensive player. none at all..

Monte will carry 17 times for 84 and catch 9 for 50 and a TD IMO

Catch 9? Wow