[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andrew Luck owners - Check in

kwolf68

OK-Mr Luck has probably brought you (and me) quite far, but there are some ominous signs against what should be a very good matchup

-The Colts have clinched the South and have almost no shot at a bye

Thus, the "need" to win is minimized.

The Colts have scaled back Reggie Wayne's reps of late (saving him for post-season) and now TY Hilton is listed as "Q" on the report, with the very likely possibility of the Colts benching him or having him play a reduced role.

This ALL points to a possible downfall in Luck's numbers versus Dallas.

SO-how do you guys feel? I have started him in EVERY game this year (duh), but have Big Ben as my #2, locked and loaded, #4 overall QB in a must win game at home versus Kansas City.

Thoughts on Luck this week. What will you do. Feel good about him? The guy has been pure steel on my team, but last week was lackluster and this week's circumstances look even worse.

Edited by kwolf68
  • Like 1

He has been inconsistent the last four weeks. Slow starts in three of them, but big second halves, until last week. Keep an eye on TY's practice on Friday. If he doesn't participate at all, I'd be worried about starting Luck. If it looks like TY is gonna play, I'd roll Luck out there, because there are plenty of weapons at his disposal, even if Reggie gets scaled back.

In your case, with Roethlisberger, I would seriously consider making the switch.

Edited by CaptainHook

Yea good points Captain. If TY is on the shelf (and Reggie) that's a hell of a lot of talent off Luck's plate. That said, my opponent in the championship this week HAS TY, so if TY starts, then I think I will roll with Luck. How sick would I be if I benched Luck and he got off and TY exploded for my opponent.

My idea right now is...if TY plays, I roll Luck. If TY doesn't play I goto Ben. It sucks, because I know Luck can pick apart Dallas with ease, but the Colts have a bigger picture to look at (getting healthy and rested for the playoffs) and I think (and they should) manage the game with that in mind.

Edited by kwolf68

the way i see it....Im in the championship game in large part to Luck. If I end up sitting him and he blows up and I lose, I would really be kicking myself. If I start him and he has an off game and I lose then so be it. I can't take that chance on not starting my #1 stud.

scaples. Yea, that's my general idea too. But I have a unique situation where I have another stud QB. And THAT QB (Ben) has ALL hands on deck for his game, they need to win desperately and the game is at home (against a fledgling team). All things being relatively equal Luck is the guy, but things are just ebbing in a more questionable direction.

Overall, Luck has been better, but of late Big Ben has been as good as anyone. He has a boatload of talent to throw too and his defense is not that good, which pushes the Steelers into more high scoring games.

So my issue is NOT just with Luck's circumstances, it's with the idea that Big Ben may actually be a damn good play on his own merit. I sure as hell wouldn't sit Luck for Ryan Tannehill or Jay Cutler.

Funny, I haven't even considered any of this.

In the league I have Luck, my only other QB is Bortles, who's a] playing tonight and b] on my DTS.

Would the Colts really rest Luck for two weeks?

Hilton or no Hilton I'm starting Luck with a good amount of confidence. :shrug:

Rolling with Luck but I have no backup, so there's that. If I had Ben, I may try to get cute. But I got burned last week when I got cute and benchedTate III at the last minute for Stills and missed out on a championship game. I thought Stills was playing against a really bad D and was in what could be a high scoring game. Maybe Stills was the better play on paper, I don't know. But I've been rolling with Tate all year until then and now I'm playing in the 3rd place game instead of the championship. In my championship game, I'm all in with Luck.

Overthinking things. Luck will be fine this weekend. I really don't think there's much risk even if TY sits.

Really? If TY sits and Reggie continues to have his snaps dialed back to get him fresh for the playoffs, and you have Roethlisberger in the wings, it's worth talking about.
  • Like 2

Luck has me in the Championship and I can't imagine how I'd feel benching him. Even if I had Big Ben, I would play Luck.

Put it this way. If you play Luck and Ben does better, you can't kick yourself because you went with a solid choice. But, if you play Ben and Luck goes off like he certainly can against the Cowboys, you'll be sick.

Just make the choice where you'll have the least regrets.

Good thoughts guys.

Thing about Ben is since week 2 (when the Steelers couldn't find the endzone) Ben has had two truly awful games (Titans game where they ran it every play and Browns game which was awful). Otherwise, he has been good or great.

Luck has had ONE awful game, but it was last week.

A trend?

I WOULD never think about sitting Luck, but I have QB-4, basically another stud. I am not going to some schlump because I am worried about Luck, I am going for one of the hottest offenses in the league right now. Pittsburgh is on fire offensively. They have weapons all over the field now and Ben is reaping those rewards.

The Colts without TY and a limited Wayne are a level BELOW Pittsburgh offensively. Yep, there I said it. ALL THINGS equal different story, but circumstances have to be considered.

And for the poster who complained I said "check in" I'll edit the thread title now (if I can).

I can't. I suppose that poster will just have to get over it now.

Edited by kwolf68