[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christine Michael to Dallas

bud29

Forsett was a career backup before he fell into an opportunity coupled with a good system and those two things led to him being the top WW gem last year. Everyone said he was too slow, worthless journeyman, career backup, yadda yadda.

/shrug. Christine will certainly have the opportunity to compete for a relevant role in a very good system. Worth a flyer.

Call me the optimist but I think this may work out well for him in Dallas. Sometimes a player needs to know he is going to have a chance to play to prove himself. It is stupid, I know. But perhaps playing behind Lynch left him unmotiviated. Crappy I know. But now with a ticket to the starting job closer than ever in Dallas, maybe it flps on a light.

And yes, I have him on my roster so I am hopeful.

and yet, SEA prefers F-jax ...

Michael just doesn't fit what Seattle is looking for anymore. When they drafted him, they were in a mode of adding playmakers, and they were going to open everything up. They had this new quarterback, they were adding Percy Harvin, and wanted to change their identity. Since then, they have figured out that a conservative offense, making as few mistakes as possible is there formula. He just doesn't fit what they do anymore.

But he's run well in his few chances. He has a high YPC on limited opportunities and was 4th in preseason rushing yards his rookie year. I don't think anybody has really doubted his ability to get yards. It's his ability to do everything else. The kid tried to wave Marshawn Lynch off the field last year. He was late to a practice because of a previous commitment for his blossoming rap career. Rumor is he still messes up the same plays that he's been running for three years.

He should fit the Cowboys very well though. He isn't great when there isn't a hole, but when there is one, he hits it like a ton of bricks. I still just can't believe he doesn't switch the ball. He should have learned that when he was 12. He fumbles constantly, and gets a bunch more that come out when he hits the ground. He'll fit right in with Slip. I can't wait to hear his nickname.

Edited by Seahawks21

Michael just doesn't fit what Seattle is looking for anymore. When they drafted him, they were in a mode of adding playmakers, and they were going to open everything up. They had this new quarterback, they were adding Percy Harvin, and wanted to change their identity. Since then, they have figured out that a conservative offense, making as few mistakes as possible is there formula. He just doesn't fit what they do anymore.

But he's run well in his few chances. He has a high YPC on limited opportunities and was 4th in preseason rushing yards his rookie year. I don't think anybody has really doubted his ability to get yards. It's his ability to do everything else. The kid tried to wave Marshawn Lynch off the field last year. He was late to a practice because of a previous commitment for his blossoming rap career. Rumor is he still messes up the same plays that he's been running for three years.

He should fit the Cowboys very well though. He isn't great when there isn't a hole, but when there is one, he hits it like a ton of bricks. I still just can't believe he doesn't switch the ball. He should have learned that when he was 12. He fumbles constantly, and gets a bunch more that come out when he hits the ground. He'll fit right in with Slip. I can't wait to hear his nickname.

Thanks for the info. I did some research on him and it looks like he is exactly what we could use as a short yardage back. Dosen't seem to have the mental makeup or the discipline like you pointed out, to be a Garrett kind of guy. I can see him in the lineup late in games when it is out of hand like most of his highlight videos show. Either when the game is 37-10 and the Cowboys are salting the game away or when we need a tough yard or less, seems he has the bricks in his pocket to get the job done.

To bad we don't get to pound you guys into submission in the regular season again this year....... ;)

We'll see what nick he earns........... :thinking:

Edited by Cowboyz1

Thanks for the info. I did some research on him and it looks like he is exactly what we could use as a short yardage back.

Because fumble prone running backs who struggle to learn the playbook and develop a reputation for not seeking out contact to gain tough yards typically make excellent short yardage backs. :lol:

I know you want to defend your position as McFadden being some king of bell cow RB; but you might want to do some more research on Michael. The Boys are taking a flyer on a potential home run swing lottery ticket. He hasn't come close to fitting any kind of role (change of pace; 3rd down back, or short yardage back) at all in his NFL career; beyond potential future stud.

Edited by Bobby Brown

Thanks for the info. I did some research on him and it looks like he is exactly what we could use as a short yardage back. Dosen't seem to have the mental makeup or the discipline like you pointed out, to be a Garrett kind of guy. I can see him in the lineup late in games when it is out of hand like most of his highlight videos show. Either when the game is 37-10 and the Cowboys are salting the game away or when we need a tough yard or less, seems he has the bricks in his pocket to get the job done.

To bad we don't get to pound you guys into submission in the regular season again this year....... ;)

We'll see what nick he earns........... :thinking:

He's not shown anything that would make anyone believe he should be a short yardage back besides weight enough pounds. He's borderline awful when there isn't a hole in front of him and he hasn't shown the ability to fight through contact. If there is a hole, he'll get through it super quickly and get to the second level and can make a guy miss, but he doesn't take guys on and fall forward.

Some Trivia for you. In 2003, this RB had 2200 yards from scrimage and 20 total TDs. He also had serious ball control issues, mostly due to the fact that he had trouble switching hands while carrying the ball. (sound similar?) He was notorious for fumbling the ball on the goal line and in other worst-case-scenario situations. In fact, during this year of outlandish statistics, he had 7 fumbles. He was labeled a "fumbler" by the fans, coaches, and the media.

Throughout this RBs career he struggled with ball security and switching hands even going so far as to train with specialized coaches during the off season on how to switch hands.

He even wore a special rubber sleeve on his arms in order to help him with ball control... Ring a bell yet.

This RBs name is Ahman Green.

In a good system, a talented RB can still be very productive with opportunity.

Obviously I'm not saying this kid is going to be some kind of super star or even get the starting job in Dallas. I'm only pointing out that talent/opportunity/good system can overcome ball handling issues. All its' going to take is an injury to McFadden and a better YPC then Randle for this kid to get a shot.

Edited by Alphashado

Some Trivia for you. In 2003, this RB had 2200 yards from scrimage and 20 total TDs. He also had serious ball control issues, mostly due to the fact that he had trouble switching hands while carrying the ball. He was notorious for fumbling the ball on the goal line and in other worst-case-scenario situations. In fact, during this year of outlandish statistics, he had 7 fumbles.

Throughout this RBs career he struggled with ball security and switching hands even going so far as to train with specialized coaches during the off season on how to switch hands.

He even wore a special rubber sleeve on his arms in order to help him with ball control... Ring a bell yet.

This RBs name is Ahman Green.

In a good system, a talented RB can still be very productive with opportunity.

Obviously I'm not saying this kid is going to be some kind of super star or even get the starting job in Dallas. I'm only pointing out that talent/opportunity/good system can overcome ball handling issues. All its' going to take is an injury to McFadden and a better YPC then Randle for this kid to get a shot.

eh, seems like a bit of a stretch. I guess anything is possible. I just think for every Ahman Green you have 10 Montee Balls.

eh, seems like a bit of a stretch. I guess anything is possible. I just think for every Ahman Green you have 10 Montee Balls.

Fair enough, though I think Monte Ball is simply another overrated product of the legendary Wisconsin Offensive line. Same reason I won't draft Gordon this year.