[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suspensions and being banned from practice doesn't make sense

Cowboyz1

I understand that if a player is suspended they can participate in all preseason activities such as practice, training camp and games. However, once the season starts they are no longer able to practice or be with the team right? Meaning they can't be at the facility or participate in practices.

To me that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you suspend the guy and he can't be a part of the team then why do they get to practice up until the regular season? Why not let the guy practice and stay in shape so that when the suspension is over they can be ready to play. I thought the NFL was about trying to put on a good PR campaign with regards to player safety. I would seem that having a guy sit out of games is one thing but be away from staying in game shape seems to invite injury. Especially if the guy is a player that is key to the success of the team.

Any reasons I am not taking into account for this?

• Like 1

I disagree ... when administering a punishment that requires a player be suspended one of the goals should not be to include him in team activities and practices so that he can stay in game shape. One of the consequences of participating in a behavior that gets you suspended is that you are NOT allowed to participate in team activities and practices. And if that means your career suffers as a result, well then maybe you will reconsider your participation in future activities that could result in suspension

I understand that if a player is suspended they can participate in all preseason activities such as practice, training camp and games. However, once the season starts they are no longer able to practice or be with the team right? Meaning they can't be at the facility or participate in practices.

To me that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If you suspend the guy and he can't be a part of the team then why do they get to practice up until the regular season? Why not let the guy practice and stay in shape so that when the suspension is over they can be ready to play. I thought the NFL was about trying to put on a good PR campaign with regards to player safety. I would seem that having a guy sit out of games is one thing but be away from staying in game shape seems to invite injury. Especially if the guy is a player that is key to the success of the team.

Any reasons I am not taking into account for this?

I'd honestly think you'd know the answer to this. It's the Hammer Of The God(s)....It is what is.

I'd honestly think you'd know the answer to this. It's the Hammer Of The God(s)....It is what is.

:pc: That's NetnautX

And a recent rule change allows a suspended player to enter team facilities for purposes other than team practices, entering games or traveling with the team to the game location.

I'd suspect it has to do with the fact that suspensions generally are keyed to a number of weeks/games (i.e., suspended for 4 weeks/games). There's really no way to measure that unless it starts during the regular season. For example, player A gets suspended for 4 games on March 15 and player B gets suspended for 4 games on September 5th, both for failing a drug test. Does it make sense to bar player A for a longer period of time, simply because he was suspended at a different time?

:pc: That's NetnautX

And a recent rule change allows a suspended player to enter team facilities for purposes other than team practices, entering games or traveling with the team to the game location.

There you go. I knew Big J would clear things up for me. I thought they weren't allowed to be at the facility at all.