[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pacman Jones being an azzhat again

bud29

Anyone else see this? Ridiculous. Took off Amari Cooper's helmet after a play and bashed his head into it. https://vine.co/v/eFIgAwaetY5

1-2 game suspension? Just a fine? Would he get in more trouble if he had deflated some game balls instead?

Edited by bud29

Yeah I saw that ... how was he NOT ejected from the game was beyond me. I think a 2 game suspension minimum is in order, not sure if that is what he will get.

With all the emphasis the NFL has been putting on safety, head injuries in particular, I'd love to see them put the hammer down and give him something like 4 games. BS like this shouldn't be tolerated at all. I have a feeling he's only going to miss 1-2 games max, though.

Here is what Jones said about the play. Not trying to start anything? Please, and tearing a guys helmet off and then smashing his head against it is not football.

"Whatever you saw happen, that's what happened," Jones said. "I'm just here to play football. I don't back down from anybody and I'm not out here trying to start anything. I'm just out here playing football."

Edited by Finn5033

I keep seeing news that Pacman "A$$Hat" Jones won't be suspended..... :shocking::what::doh:

A guy sits on top of another, pulls his helmet off his head, then grabs his head with two hands and slams it down on to the helmet and the ground, and he's not ejected or suspended. Plain and simple, that was assault. If that happened off the field, Jones would have most likely been arrested and charged with aggravated assault.

Guys get suspended for taking a swing at someone. A$$hat Jones went 10 times further.

We officially live in Bizarro world!

Here is what Jones said about the play. Not trying to start anything? Please, and tearing a guys helmet off and then smashing his head against it is not football.

"Whatever you saw happen, that's what happened," Jones said. "I'm just here to play football. I don't back down from anybody and I'm not out here trying to start anything. I'm just out here playing football."

So playing football now includes removing the guys helmet and then smashing his head against his helmet. What a stupid thing to say. Just tell the truth, you got pissed and wanted to beat his ass so you did something stupid like this.

If he is not suspended that is just crazy. The NFL really is as (the really bad word)ed up as people say.

I guess its now ok to assault other players after the play is over, I wonder if knives and guns will be allowed or only blunt objects. :crazy:

This says he'll probably be fined

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000530404/article/adam-jones-could-be-fined-for-amari-cooper-slam

Suh will not be punished either, it was determined he didn't kick the helmet off or remove it intentionally (and from the included pics/video that seems accurate, and if it weren't Suh most people don't even mention it).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000530418/article/ndamukong-suh-wont-be-punished-for-morris-incident

PACMAN JONES UPSET WITH HIS FINE

He was fined $35K for slamming Amari Cooper's head into his helmet Sunday. Today, he said, "Way too much for a football play. I'll appeal. ... The story is magnified because it's me. I can't promise it won't happen again. I'm an emotional player."

It is amazing how delusional some of these guys are.

PACMAN JONES UPSET WITH HIS FINE

He was fined $35K for slamming Amari Cooper's head into his helmet Sunday. Today, he said, "Way too much for a football play. I'll appeal. ... The story is magnified because it's me. I can't promise it won't happen again. I'm an emotional player."

It is amazing how delusional some of these guys are.

What a (the really bad word)ing idiot. You're not an emotional player you're a thug and punk. A loose cannon that is going to seriously injure somebody. Should have been suspended, this is NOT A FOOTBALL PLAY, it is assault.

If I were the coach/GM/owner of the team I'd suspend him, conduct detrimental to the team. Or make him inactive, or just sit him on the bench. Something to try and teach this POS a lesson.