[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

trade question

futfan37

i am the commish of a league that had a trade take place sunday morning it was lamar miller for randle cobb,the team played miller on thursday night,some people are saying that the team should lose his miller points because of this trade! i disagree and say that team should get those points which is only 6 pts ,not the point the point is why should this team have to play 8 players this week while the whole league gets to play 9? what you you think?

The team should lose the points. If Miller wasn't on the roster Thursday night, then he should not get Miller's points.

No, that's moronic. The guy started Miller, he's locked into his roster. You can't watch a guy get a donut and get a mulligan for him by trading him.

• Like 1

No, that's moronic. The guy started Miller, he's locked into his roster. You can't watch a guy get a donut and get a mulligan for him by trading him.

I said if Miller wasn't on the roster on Thursday. If he was on the guy's roster, than that owner should get the points.

I misread his question, but I still stand by whoever owned Miller Thursday should get the points.

+1,000,000

When that Thursday game kicked off all players on both teams should be locked. No trading them and no dropping them.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

But the guy that got cobb should not be able to start him...cause he already got millers points

Strongly disagree. The guy that traded away Cobb knew he wasn't going to have Cobb this week when he clicked 'accept', why should the other manager be punished?

Strongly disagree. The guy that traded away Cobb knew he wasn't going to have Cobb this week when he clicked 'accept', why should the other manager be punished?

The Cobb side of the equation isn't the issue ... the issue is that you can't start Miller on Thursday and then trade him before the next week. Just like you can't cut Miller after you start him to acquire a free agent. Once the game for a player you have started has kicked off that player is locked into your starting lineup for that week and can't be removed from your roster until the week concludes.

But the guy that got cobb should not be able to start him...cause he already got millers points

Not necessarily. This one could go either way, assuming Cobb's game hasn't started. One of my leagues interprets this as "trade goes through, guys playing in early games have their status locked with previous owner (starter/bench/dts) but guys not yet played may still be started by new team. It's fine as long as it's known in advance, it just requires planning.

In a league where this hasn't been hashed out in advance, the best ruling would be to just put it on hold until Tuesday. The trade is committed, no one may back out, but it just won't be executed until Tuesday. Everyone gets their guy, and everyone has a starter.

• Like 2

The Cobb side of the equation isn't the issue ... the issue is that you can't start Miller on Thursday and then trade him before the next week. Just like you can't cut Miller after you start him to acquire a free agent. Once the game for a player you have started has kicked off that player is locked into your starting lineup for that week and can't be removed from your roster until the week concludes.

Same would apply if that player was on your bench, once a player's game starts their status (rostered or not, active or bench) is locked, and cannot be changed.

How the commissioner allowed this to happen is beyond me, must be running a league by hand, what FF site would allow player movement after their game started.

I was responding to a prior post that took issue with the Cobb side...

Not necessarily. This one could go either way, assuming Cobb's game hasn't started. One of my leagues interprets this as "trade goes through, guys playing in early games have their status locked with previous owner (starter/bench/dts) but guys not yet played may still be started by new team. It's fine as long as it's known in advance, it just requires planning.

In a league where this hasn't been hashed out in advance, the best ruling would be to just put it on hold until Tuesday. The trade is committed, no one may back out, but it just won't be executed until Tuesday. Everyone gets their guy, and everyone has a starter.

Agree on both points