[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this a fair veto by League Manager?

Gmg01747

So my league manager proposed a trade last night: I give Lacy and Odell Beckham Jr., and he gives LaGarret Blount, Jeremy Hill, and Alshon Jeffrey. I accepted.

Today, Packers announced Lacy lost his starting role. So League Manager vetoed the deal this afternoon, saying it was an unfair deal. One that he proposed.

Unlucky for him, yes. But not unfair. Is there anyone who thinks this should have been vetoed?

So my league manager proposed a trade last night: I give Lacy and Odell Beckham Jr., and he gives LaGarret Blount, Jeremy Hill, and Alshon Jeffrey. I accepted.

Today, Packers announced Lacy lost his starting role. So League Manager vetoed the deal this afternoon, saying it was an unfair deal. One that he proposed.

Unlucky for him, yes. But not unfair. Is there anyone who thinks this should have been vetoed?

Your league manager is a scumbag. Gross abuse of commish powers.

Time to quit that league.

• Like 2

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. That happened to me a few years ago. Traded Calvin Johnson (in his prime) for Jamaal Charles. The next day, Charles tore his ACL. Them's the breaks.

If he doesn't immediately put that trade through, you all need to demand your money back and walk. If he balks at that, it's time to threaten grievous bodily injury. This guy could use a good whoopin'.

• Like 1

LOL...I'm not sure I understand what happened between the time the trade was agreed to and when it was vetoed...notwithstanding McCarthy's announcement, Lacy was fat, slow, and sucked, yesterday, and everyone who follows football knew Starks had already "unofficially" taken over several weeks ago...Dill Josh Gordon commish just got "buyer's remorse" and tried to use the McCarthy official announcement as an excuse...I say hold him to it!

• Like 1

< sigh >

If you play in a league that allows vetoes you shouldn't be surprised when a veto occurs.

There you go again, and of course BA likes your stupid nonsense. This wasn't an vote by owners to veto. Do you guys only play in leagues where nobody (not even the commish) can refuse to process a trade no matter what. Even if there's video evidence of collusion? You guys should start your own perfect rules league. :rolleyes:

This is clear abuse of commish power, almost all (very many, whatever) leagues will have the commish with the ability to approve trades once owners agree to terms. Using that power to overturn a trade he now realizes is bad is bogus. Unless there's some rule in the leauge in your league that covers it, something like "if a player is hurt/benched/demoted after trade is accepted by owners the commish will automatically reject it."

By the way, the OP and other owners should keep competing this year and can only hope the commish doesn't pull more BS moves to help him win. Then collect your wiinnings and tell this tool you'll never be back, in fact the entire league (minus him) will continue and add a new owner and select an honest person to be commish.

There you go again, and of course BA likes your stupid nonsense. This wasn't an vote by owners to veto. Do you guys only play in leagues where nobody (not even the commish) can refuse to process a trade no matter what. Even if there's video evidence of collusion? You guys should start your own perfect rules league. :rolleyes:

This is clear abuse of commish power, almost all (very many, whatever) leagues will have the commish with the ability to approve trades once owners agree to terms. Using that power to overturn a trade he now realizes is bad is bogus. Unless there's some rule in the leauge in your league that covers it, something like "if a player is hurt/benched/demoted after trade is accepted by owners the commish will automatically reject it."

By the way, the OP and other owners should keep competing this year and can only hope the commish doesn't pull more BS moves to help him win. Then collect your wiinnings and tell this tool you'll never be back, in fact the entire league (minus him) will continue and add a new owner and select an honest person to be commish.

If you play in a league that allows vetoes then owners will veto trades that they perceive are "unfair" or harmful to their chances. So if you play in a league that allows vetoes you shouldn't cry when vetoes happen.

Dude...un-pucker a notch or two.

I see what you are saying, this was a commish move, not a league type veto, so the discussion is a little off track in that sense. Personally, I think there should be a commish veto just to nip any attempts at collusion in the bud. But I also agree with Grits's point that allowing a democratic veto is basically inviting this sort of BS, so people should pretty much expect it to happen if they are going to play in a league that allows it.

This is a clear abuse of the position. There should never be a reason for a commish to veto his own trade, in essence he approved it already simply by agreeing to the trade in the first place. As a league everyone should demand he fulfill his trade or be replaced. I guarantee if two others players made this trade and one of the parties requested the commish to veto it he'd tell them "tough honda." Sometimes you get burned in trades, it's just a part of the game.

• Like 1