[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's Game Day! Carolina vs. Dallas oh man I'm nervous

Cowboyz1

The towel over his head is Cam's imitation of Michael Jordan.

"I've always since high school had the towel over my head. Why? I was inspired by Michael Jordan. He would come to the sideline put a towel over his head and a towel over his lap. I was trying to be like Mike, everyone was trying to be like Mike."

- Cam Newton

Easy to say when your team is undefeated. If you expect them to lose with grace, they should be able to expect Cam to win with grace.

Cam's behavior is consistent win or lose. It's his personality. People have hated him for years. I get it. He rubs people the wrong way. I find him entertaining , but to each his own.

• Like 1

The towel over his head is Cam's imitation of Michael Jordan.

"I've always since high school had the towel over my head. Why? I was inspired by Michael Jordan. He would come to the sideline put a towel over his head and a towel over his lap. I was trying to be like Mike, everyone was trying to be like Mike."

- Cam Newton

Cam ain't like Mike

Fellas, I need your help. I don't know how to say this but, I killed the fat lady...........I couldn't help it. She forced her way passed me just after the second pick 6 and, well, I lost it. The fat bit..ch just pushed passed me in my Cowboys gear and gave me this smirk as if to say "you pitiful soul you" and shoved me into the trash cans gleefully running through here scales of do ray me fa so laughing her big ass off. I saw red and the next thing I know I'm being tazed and carried off by Kevin the heavy set security guard.

Not only did we lose Romo for the rest of the year and perhaps for good. We didn't even put up a fight. The defense played admirably under the circumstances but Carolina was the much better team.

So much for hope. :wflag::bag:

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 2

Never had a problem with Cam, Manziel, Sherman, TO, Chad Ochocinco, Steve Smith, DJax, etc. One consistent between all these players, they are all really good(Manziel hasn't done anything in the pros but he was amazing in college). If the other team doesn't like what they're doing, stop it, its that simple. If you're not a good player and are constantly trashtalking and flaunting it can get annoying, but if you're good I don't get what the problem is.

Fellas, I need your help. I don't know how to say this but, I killed the fat lady...........I couldn't help it. She forced her way passed me just after the second pick 6 and, well, I lost it. The fat bit..ch just pushed passed me in my Cowboys gear and gave me this smirk as if to say "you pitiful soul you" and shoved me into the trash cans gleefully running through here scales of do ray me fa so laughing her big ass off. I saw red and the next thing I know I'm being tazed and carried off by Kevin the heavy set security guard.

Not only did we lose Romo for the rest of the year and perhaps for good. We didn't even put up a fight. The defense played admirably under the circumstances but Carolina was the much better team.

So much for hope. :wflag::bag:

You called it, man. Turnovers set the tone. 1st pass, test Norman, he knocks it down. 2nd pass, pick 6. Hard way to start a game. Romo never looked comfortable. Missing Dez early when he had Kuechly covering him was huge, and to me, the play calling after that was too conservative. How many times did they run McFadden up the middle on first down? Too easy to defend that. This is not the end of the world, just the end of the season. Take it from a Lions fan...there is alwys another season.

I was one of the masses asking/saying... "How good is Carolina anyway?" and "Cam is just another running QB."... well I have to say I think I am believing now. Impressive Defense and Car is clicking with a solid rush offense and Cam's passing is so much better (accuracy) than I recalled. As for all the dancing etc... He plays with some energy and emotion, I like that... Do I like his celebrations? No... but if you keep him out of the end zone and you don't have to worry about it. Congrats Panther Fans looks like you are for real.

• Like 1

My only problem with Cam "douchy" Newton is that he is so obsessed with his celebration he pushes his teammates aside when they are trying to celebrate with him after his TD, just so he could finish his over the top superman crap. Selfish pos if you ask me.

• Like 2

My only problem with Cam "douchy" Newton is that he is so obsessed with his celebration he pushes his teammates aside when they are trying to celebrate with him after his TD, just so he could finish his over the top superman crap. Selfish pos if you ask me.

Group celebrations are a 15 yard penalty.

Group celebrations are a 15 yard penalty.

Realize that, its not like they are trying to "group" celebrate with him, they were trying to give him high fives and slap him on the back. He went out of his way to push them aside just to do extraneous superman crap AFTER he had already performed his tourettes dance.

As for giving kids the game ball, all for it.

Edited by heehawks

Cam is just a really good guy. He has the arrogance required to be a starting QB which inspires his team to believe in him and creates the persona he needs to play at this level and lead men. I believe he is a very good example for the league and has a genuine good heart for kids and people in general. I will be pulling for him to win it all.

The fact is, this world can't stand too much good, it's always been that way. Kurt Warner is a great example. He's about the purest good guy and real men we have. A great husband, father and a great role model for his disabled son. Yet many bash his wife, and him relentlessly while he played. Tebow is another good heart yet people love to bash him for his faith, his chastity and him being a really good person.

We kill people that are just too good or try to do what's right regardless of the consequences. JFK, his Brother, MLK, Gandhi, just to name a few. The ultimate proof is Jesus. If you are too good, too nice, too caring, too loving, somehow it threatens. I'm not comparing Cam to any of the aforementioned people. Clearly he is only a football player. Nonetheless the more you smile, enjoy life, be good and love people, while excelling at the same time, people don't like it. It's sad really.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Cam is just a really good guy. He has the arrogance required to be a starting QB which inspires his team to believe in him and creates the persona he needs to play at this level and lead men. I believe he is a very good example for the league and has a genuine good heart for kids and people in general. I will be pulling for him to win it all.

The fact is, this world can't stand too much good, it's always been that way. Kurt Warner is a great example. He's about the purest good guy and real men we have. A great husband, father and a great role model for his disabled son. Yet many bash his wife, and him relentlessly while he played. Tebow is another good heart yet people love to bash him for his faith, his chastity and him being a really good person.

We kill people that are just too good or try to do what's right regardless of the consequences. JFK, his Brother, MLK, Gandhi, just to name a few. The ultimate proof is Jesus. If you are too good, too nice, too caring, too loving, somehow it threatens. I'm not comparing Cam to any of the aforementioned people. Clearly he is only a football player. Nonetheless the more you smile, enjoy life, be good and love people, while excelling at the same time, people don't like it. It's sad really.

Good post but do you know what Kurt Warner, Tim Tebow, JFK, RFK, MLK and Ghandi all have in common?

They don't do a stupid little look at me dance every time they do their job. They act like its not the first time they ever did it.and they act like professionals. Jesus never hid under a towel when he was losing and he'd always hand the ball to the ref. Just saying.......

• Like 1

Good post but do you know what Kurt Warner, Tim Tebow, JFK, RFK, MLK and Ghandi all have in common?

They don't do a stupid little look at me dance every time they do their job. They act like its not the first time they ever did it.and they act like professionals. Jesus never hid under a towel when he was losing and he'd always hand the ball to the ref. Just saying.......

BORING. Another advocate for the No Fun League.

Yes - it's been so long, but Jesus always kept himself in check. Although I did see him spin the ball once or twice after a first down.

• Like 1