[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thursday Night Guys?

Boy Named Suh

Does the fact that both teams played last Thursday and have had the full week off make a difference in how you view playing Thursday players? I don't really mean this as an advice thread. More of a way to feel out if you think that it's the short week that makes players underperform on Thursday or just the fact that they're playing on Thursday. Happens to be a lot of big names in this game, so it may end up as an advice thread too.

These two teams already know each other well and just played each other three weeks ago so even if it was a short 4 day prep time I don't think it would matter in this case. But yeah, I would figure this one to be played more like a 7 day game. What changes this one is that the Packers look bad again and the Lions were part of that Week 10 weirdness where all the road teams pulled off upsets..

I'm more concerned with which Packers show up to this one. The one that won in MIN or the one that lost to DET and CHI at home.

• Like 2

These two teams already know each other well and just played each other three weeks ago so even if it was a short 4 day prep time I don't think it would matter in this case. But yeah, I would figure this one to be played more like a 7 day game. What changes this one is that the Packers look bad again and the Lions were part of that Week 10 weirdness where all the road teams pulled off upsets..

I'm more concerned with which Packers show up to this one. The one that won in MIN or the one that lost to DET and CHI at home.

The prep time is what makes the difference to me here. I doubt they did much practicing over the weekend, but hope that they would at least watch some tape. I know they just played each other, but there is a lot of new tape on both teams since that game. It's almost like they body snatched each other during that game or something.

• Like 1

I think having a full week of practice is a plus for both teams, but I would still play Aaron Rodgers, Eddie Lacy, and Calvin Johnson even if it was a short week. As for playing Matthew Stafford having the extra few days is a plus.

I'm treating this week like it's a Sunday game since both teams played on thanksgiving and have had a full week or preparation.

See, this is my dillema. I have both QBs in two leagues, with good options to play instead. I have Palmer with Rogers and Dalton with Stafford. Dalton has a better match up than Stafford, and Stafford's receiving core is banged up, so that one is solving itself.

On the other side though, Rogers seems to be the right choice as Palmer is coming off a rough game in a good match up, and has a far worse match up this week. I am still finding it hard to pull the trigger on that since I have doubts as to how much actual practice time is involved in the holiday weekend, and if you can really call this a full week off between games.

I guess the question is this...do you feel like a Thursday - Thursday week is as valuable in terms of practice and prep as a Sunday - Sunday week?

Edited by Boy Named Suh

In 2 leagues I have Calvin in one and Cobb in the other with Emmanuel Sanders as a backup to Cobb. I have started to become a believer in "don't start anyone on Thursdays the last couple weeks". I'm starting Calvin cuz I have to, I'm starting Sanders because it's Thursday night and Cobb isn't producing

Great question, BNS...I typically loathe having to start anyone on TNF, but hadn't considered that unique angle for this week, until you brought it up...thx

Yep good call. I loathe playing guys in Thursday games. Not so much for the preparation, but for the body recovery aspect. It's just not enough time to get fully right and play again. Being a full 7 day recovery time it's no different than most other Sunday games.

I still loathe starting James Jones, but the day of his last game doesn't play into it. H8.

• Like 1

Yep good call. I loathe playing guys in Thursday games. Not so much for the preparation, but for the body recovery aspect. It's just not enough time to get fully right and play again. Being a full 7 day recovery time it's no different than most other Sunday games.

I still loathe starting James Jones, but the day of his last game doesn't play into it. H8.

Very good point...7 days of rest is 7 days of rest. Very much needed at this point in the season too.

I guess the question is this...do you feel like a Thursday - Thursday week is as valuable in terms of practice and prep as a Sunday - Sunday week?

I know I read that the Packers practiced on Sunday, even if it was just a walkthough. I don't think the coaches gave them extra time off for the holiday weekend.

I don't think you'll go wrong with Palmer or Rodgers. Palmer should have to throw allot with their banged up RBs.

Not quite, but almost and far better than a Sun-Thu pair of games.

Like DMD and others said, treat it like a regular Sunday game on a weeks rest.

I'm starting Calvin and the GB defense with confidence.

I take it all back. F these games.

• Like 1

Wow. An additional 13 points to my opponent at 0.00 seconds. Thank God he didn't have both Rodgers.

I like GB and was happy to see the comeback and TD until I looked at my FF game and discovered he had 2 GB players. 46 pts between the two of them. Arg.

Wow. An additional 13 points to my opponent at 0.00 seconds. Thank God he didn't have both Rodgers.

I like GB and was happy to see the comeback and TD until I looked at my FF game and discovered he had 2 GB players. 46 pts between the two of them. Arg.

Always a good idea to know who your opponent is playing before you watch games (especially when there's only one game on) so you're not cheering for your opponents players. Of course for people in 5-10 leagues or more you probably end up not being to root for anybody since they're on one of your opponent's teams.

For example last night I wanted a Lions win, but had GB D, and my opponent had the Lions D. So when Rodgers got called for grounding one time, awesome since it helps the Lions team but not my opponents D (would have been a sack if he doesn't throw it away).

The Lord answered my prayers with that R.Rodgers Hail mary, Not so much with Crosby's miss and G.B. ST/D

i would start rodgers at home vs dallas over palmer against minnesota..

vikings should pounds AP and Cardinals should Pound DJ

Yeah, i don't like either match up. I just picked up Fitz against Tennessee, and am probably starting him over both the super stars. This is my first time in 10+ years rostering 3 QBs.