[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else running into a woodchipper this week?

AX2RUN

After a few big injuries down the stretch I barely kept my 1st round playoff bye. But now here I am going into the week with a pretty raggly squad against a team that got hot at the right time and has averaged just under 150 points per game since week 9. Caught a break when Doug Martin was more or less contained last night and that his AJ Green is Andy Dalton-less, but I have a feeling that this is the end of the road for my rag tag little band of waiver wire misfits.

Anyone else preparing for imminent embarrassment this week?

I still have a pretty stacked squad, but now it looks like this week is going to be close when it should be been a blow out (2 week semi-final). I lost Rawls, Eifert, and now Aj is Daltonless as you mentioned. My opponent got very lucky with Gronk coming back just in time last week and snagigng Doug Baldwin on the WW just before playing me last week. This person is annoying and they have made so many bad moves this season and it is going to annoy me hardcore if they somehow beat me this week.

P.s. Rawls going down extra screwed me. Because in both weeks I lost out on huge points from him, but this also likely meant they passed the ball more which benefitted my opponent who has Baldwin. Just about the worst injury for my team, at the worst time.

Edited by anismith

Right there with you, my friends. I am in the 2nd week of a two week playoff against the same team. Last week, I lost Rawls, and they are sitting Stewart, so I lost him as well. I had a 20 point lead with Landry going into Monday night, but he had Lamar Miller and OBJ, so I am in a 20 point hole starting this week.

My opponent also has Martin, and 9 points is better than 15, but he still has Lamar Miller and OBJ (come on, Josh Norman!) along with Tom Brady, Doug Baldwin, Julius Thomas, Stephen Gostowski.

I, on the other hand am rolling with the remains of last week's team, Carson Plamer, David Johnson, AJ Green, and Gary Barnidge. To make up the spots I lost in Rawls and Stewart, I tried for Hightower, Robinson, and Brown. I got Brown, and now stupid Christine in the mix in Seattle, so that was useless so I grabbed Fozzy Whittaker. My RB2 is coming down to Whittaker, Ryan Matthews, Starks, or Langford. My flex is coming down to those same guys with Hurns and Landry.

Being down by 20 means that I have to play the high upside guys, and I'm just not seeing any on that list. Atlanta's pass defense is killing Hurn's ceiling. Landry has been getting killed by Lamar Miller thanks to the new OC. Whittaker is looking at a time share with Artis-Payne, Tolbert and Cam. Ryan Mathews is losing touches to Sproles, and they are playing Arizona, Langford has a short ceiling for obvious reasons. Same with Starks. The only high upside move I was able to make was to drop Gano for the hot foot of Chris Boswell, and that was no doubt the wrong move, but I have to try something.

Things are not looking good, and I am fully prepared to be knocked out this weekend.

Good luck to you all.

Edited by Boy Named Suh

My #4 seed (but highest total points) team of:

Rodgers

Ivory

Robinson (or West)

OBJ

DJax

Lockett

Olsen

Gano

ARI

is up against the #1 seed (second highest total points) of :

Brees

AP

DMC

Amendola (or Edelman)

Baldwin

Decker

Gronk

Catanzaro

NYG

In that lineup, there are only 4 from my original draft (including keepers, + I traded for Rodgers)...So, yeah, I'm very nervous...I really need Rodgers and OBJ to show-up big time! Will probably flip a coin on Robinson and West, Sunday morning (unless Ware is active, then I'm all in on Shoelace!). LOL

My #4 seed (but highest total points) team of:

Rodgers

Ivory

Robinson (or West)

OBJ

DJax

Lockett

Olsen

Gano

ARI

is up against the #1 seed (second highest total points) of :

Brees

AP

DMC

Amendola (or Edelman)

Baldwin

Decker

Gronk

Catanzaro

NYG

In that lineup, there are only 4 from my original draft (including keepers, + I traded for Rodgers)...So, yeah, I'm very nervous...I really need Rodgers and OBJ to show-up big time! Will probably flip a coin on Robinson and West, Sunday morning (unless Ware is active, then I'm all in on Shoelace!). LOL

I think you have a pretty reasonable shot but it's gonna be close. Gotta hope Baldwin doesn't go off again. Also have to hope that somehow OBJ can get by Norman. Good luck man! Mine is below:

Their team.

QB: Alex Smith

RB1: Matt Forte

RB2: Tim Hightower

WR1: Allen Robinson

WR2: Doug Baldwin

Flex: John Brown

TE: Gronk

DST: Seattle

Kicker: Catanzaro

My Team

QB: Cam Newton

RB1: David Johnson

RB2: Eddie Lacy

WR1: Deandre Hopkins

WR2: Calvin Johnson

Flex: AJ Green

TE: Ben Watson

DST: KC

Kicker: Gano

• Like 1

I'm already assuming I will go 0-4. Three games I play the highest seed/ highest scoring team. The 4th I am that team but injuries are just killing me. And the uninjured guys have crap match-ups or hurt Qbs.

Rather assume a loss and be surprised.

• Like 1

I think you have a pretty reasonable shot but it's gonna be close. Gotta hope Baldwin doesn't go off again. Also have to hope that somehow OBJ can get by Norman. Good luck man! Mine is below:

Thanks, yeah, I'm "golden"...as long as CHI holds AP in check, and TEN completely shuts-down the entire PATs!!! LOL

You look like you're in really good shape...i bet you're loving Johnson being elevated to starter (regardless of whether it was by default or not)!

Edited by the outlaw

I finished 11-2 in my league and number 1. In the 2nd week of a 2 week playoff, and I'm down 82-65 going in. Lowest point total of the season for me. I lost both Dalton and Eifert in the same game(1st Q) last week, while also losin Ingram early on for the year who was a starter. My stud starters of A Brown, Hopkins, Shady, AP really didn't do anything, and I've watched my bench go nuts 2 straight weeks.

A guy in my league(one I'm playing) dropped Derek Carr yesterday because he has JSTEW and NEEDED a RB to replace him. No depth there. So I put in a claim for him and pray I get him tomorrow. I doubt I do though. Anythings possible.

As of now, starting lineups for week 15 look like;

QB - Ryan Fitz(or Derek Carr If I get him)

RB - AP

RB - Shady

WR - A Brown

WR - D Hopkins

TE - Ebron(in place for Eifert)

Flex - D Baldwin

D - Chiefs

K - Santos(could change this, but maybe he will blow up this weekend)

His team looks like...

QB - Cam

RB Freeman

RB - Hightower

WR - D Thomas

WR - Maclin

TE - J Thomas

Flex - Cooks

D - Vikings

K - McManus

I think I have a punchers chance.

Edited by Wbolin9

In the only money league I'm alive in, my team will be done on Sunday. In a PPR, I need enough of a cushion to survive the Brees/Megatron onslaught on Monday Night. This with my stud stack of Big Ben and Brown going against the Donkeys. Ugh. Figure I need about an 80 point lead to be competitive.

Really tough season... And yes, of the 2 teams that I made the playoffs both have major injuries this week... During the season I could barely keep up with all my leagues, gonna have to cut down to 3-4 only for next year. Just not enough time to deal with so many injuries...

I finished 11-2 in my league and number 1. In the 2nd week of a 2 week playoff, and I'm down 82-65 going in. Lowest point total of the season for me. I lost both Dalton and Eifert in the same game(1st Q) last week, while also losin Ingram early on for the year who was a starter. My stud starters of A Brown, Hopkins, Shady, AP really didn't do anything, and I've watched my bench go nuts 2 straight weeks.

A guy in my league(one I'm playing) dropped Derek Carr yesterday because he has JSTEW and NEEDED a RB to replace him. No depth there. So I put in a claim for him and pray I get him tomorrow. I doubt I do though. Anythings possible.

As of now, starting lineups for week 15 look like;

QB - Ryan Fitz(or Derek Carr If I get him)

RB - AP

RB - Shady

WR - A Brown

WR - D Hopkins

TE - Ebron(in place for Eifert)

Flex - D Baldwin

D - Chiefs

K - Santos(could change this, but maybe he will blow up this weekend)

His team looks like...

QB - Cam

RB Freeman

RB - Hightower

WR - D Thomas

WR - Maclin

TE - J Thomas

Flex - Cooks

D - Vikings

K - McManus

I think I have a punchers chance.

I think you have a good shot.

My team: Bortles, Forte, Bolden, Hopkins, Sanders, J. Thomas, LaFell, Chiefs, and Prater

His Team: Fitzpatrick, Martin, Draughn, Green, Marshall, Gronk, Maclin, Panthers, and Hopkins

I can only pray that Bortles throws another 4 TD game and at least 2 of those go to Thomas.

My team: Bortles, Forte, Bolden, Hopkins, Sanders, J. Thomas, LaFell, Chiefs, and Prater

His Team: Fitzpatrick, Martin, Draughn, Green, Marshall, Gronk, Maclin, Panthers, and Hopkins

I can only pray that Bortles throws another 4 TD game and at least 2 of those go to Thomas.

It's going to be close, but I think the other guy may have it unfortunately. Unless Hopkins and Bortles both go off strong.

In the only money league I'm alive in, my team will be done on Sunday. In a PPR, I need enough of a cushion to survive the Brees/Megatron onslaught on Monday Night. This with my stud stack of Big Ben and Brown going against the Donkeys. Ugh. Figure I need about an 80 point lead to be competitive.

with ya on the Big Ben/Brown combo. Hopefully this is the week the Broncos DB's fall flat. I believe in BIG BEN. LET'S DO THIS COWBOYSDIEHARD! LET'S GET THIS WIN!

• Like 1

I am playing a guy with the Brady/Gronk combo going against my Big Ben/Antonio combo. I like his matchup a bit better than mine this week. I really needed Gurley to bust out last night.

You may luck out and see Brady sit if this sickness is serious. Very real possibility too, NE already clinched and losing this week has no real penalty this week unless Denver wins.

I'm the no. 1 seed but have lost so many people to injury that I'm starting 5 people that weren't even on my team last week. The guy I'm playing hasn't been by the injury bug at all. It's predicted to be close but I don't think it will be.

In my local, the 8th seed of 8 has won many championships over the years. Our 7th/8th seeds are based on points of teams that didn't make it on the H2H record. So the 7/8 seeds are very strong, and this year is no different. The 1/2 seeds fell to the 7/8 last week, and now as the highest seeded team left, I get the hot team. He's already up 40 and has a very formidable squad.

We are looking for ways to seed differently at this point because almost every year, either the 1/2 bow out immediately as we don't have a bye system in place.

In my local, the 8th seed of 8 has won many championships over the years. Our 7th/8th seeds are based on points of teams that didn't make it on the H2H record. So the 7/8 seeds are very strong, and this year is no different. The 1/2 seeds fell to the 7/8 last week, and now as the highest seeded team left, I get the hot team. He's already up 40 and has a very formidable squad.

We are looking for ways to seed differently at this point because almost every year, either the 1/2 bow out immediately as we don't have a bye system in place.

Are you trying to award a bye or 2 or trying to get the 7 n 8 seeded higher?