[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FLEX (Fantasy League of Experts) PPR Draft Results

keggerz

Yesterday two FLEX League Drafts (PPR Snake and Auction) took place at the Sirius XM Studios in DC. I was in the PPR draft that was broadcasted live. The Auction draft will be broadcast today, at 1 pm (I think).

I was drafting from the 9 hole. A spot that I think is the absolute worst to have. I tried to take Luke Kuechly in the last round but they made me take a QB instead. Wanted and hoped for David Johnson at 9 but Steve Gardner of USA Today took him at 8. My hope was DJ then Bell coming back in the 2nd. Really, REALLY wanted Donte Moncrief and was going to take him the round he went two picks ahead of me. Wanted Jalen Strong as a sleeper with upside but he went earlier than I expected...sad part is I was going to take him at 12.4 (he went at 11.10). Also wanted Kamar Aiken but he went earlier than I thought he would. My hope is for Rashad to come out on fire the first month so I can flip him for WR help once Bell gets back (if suspended).

Link to the draft: http://www70.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=22208&O=17

My team:

1.09 Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB

2.04 Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

3.09 Tate, Golden DET WR

4.04 Brown, John ARI WR

5.09 Gordon, Josh CLE WR

6.04 Kelce, Travis KCC TE

7.09 Jennings, Rashad NYG RB

8.04 Hill, Jeremy CIN RB

9.09 Coleman, Tevin ATL RB

10.04 Funchess, Devin CAR WR

11.09 Doctson, Josh WAS WR ®

12.04 Wallace, Mike BAL WR

13.09 West, Charcandrick KCC RB

14.04 Cameron, Jordan MIA TE

15.09 Panthers, Carolina CAR Def

16.04 Stafford, Matthew DET QB

Edited by keggerz

I'll take Carlos Hyde in the 5th every time

and Doug Martin in the 4th. wow. In a full point PPR that seems like insane value.

Keggerz I would be interested in your thoughts on taking the suspended/coming off injury Le'Veon Bell over Elliott. Was it the hamstring scare or something else?

Good job, you were strong early and made sure to get josh in the 5th.

I like it, I dont agree with Golden Tate in the third, lots of others guys im sure you could have snagged.

I assume you went with the streaming qb each week strategy.. not bad. just think there could have been some more picks with bigger ceilings, guys like treadwell, coleman ect.

good draft to look at as a reference

couple of things that standout to me

wow...i like mike evans probably more than most...but 12 overall? somebody has a crush!

the other thing is the still relatively value people have on matt jones...hes far from safe or a lock....but i see a great situation and opportunity...an offensive line that could be close to as good as dallas....a good schedule against the run....good players around him on offense to keep things moving......he showed some flashes....he can catch......i see a good opportunity there.... i think they want him to take the reigns...no real competition right now...i think they live with a few fumbles...he obviously needs to work on that but i think if hes given a show of confidence by the coaching staff he can be such a steal

Yesterday two FLEX League Drafts (PPR Snake and Auction) took place at the Sirius XM Studios in DC. I was in the PPR draft that was broadcasted live. The Auction draft will be broadcast today, at 1 pm (I think).

I was drafting from the 9 hole. A spot that I think is the absolute worst to have. I tried to take Luke Kuechly in the last round but they made me take a QB instead. Wanted and hoped for David Johnson at 9 but Steve Gardner of USA Today took him at 8. My hope was DJ then Bell coming back in the 2nd. Really, REALLY wanted Donte Moncrief and was going to take him the round he went two picks ahead of me. Wanted Jalen Strong as a sleeper with upside but he went earlier than I expected...sad part is I was going to take him at 12.4 (he went at 11.10). Also wanted Kamar Aiken but he went earlier than I thought he would. My hope is for Rashad to come out on fire the first month so I can flip him for WR help once Bell gets back (if suspended).

Link to the draft: http://www70.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=22208&O=17

My team:

1.09 Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB

2.04 Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

3.09 Tate, Golden DET WR

4.04 Brown, John ARI WR

5.09 Gordon, Josh CLE WR

6.04 Kelce, Travis KCC TE

7.09 Jennings, Rashad NYG RB

8.04 Hill, Jeremy CIN RB

9.09 Coleman, Tevin ATL RB

10.04 Funchess, Devin CAR WR

11.09 Doctson, Josh WAS WR ®

12.04 Wallace, Mike BAL WR

13.09 West, Charcandrick KCC RB

14.04 Cameron, Jordan MIA TE

15.09 Panthers, Carolina CAR Def

16.04 Stafford, Matthew DET QB

What made you go with AP over charles?

smfh

you keep syfh, i know its hard to comprehend charles being more valuable for ppr and being dynamic out of the backfield and easily having the upside to bounceback and get over 2000 all purpose, while ap is limited to a ceiling of 400 yards recieving tops

thats why you never win FF

you keep syfh, i know its hard to comprehend charles being more valuable for ppr and being dynamic out of the backfield and easily having the upside to bounceback and get over 2000 all purpose, while ap is limited to a ceiling of 400 yards recieving tops

Just wow dude, just wow. I don't know why you keep dealing in absolutes and completely alienating yourself everytime you post. Foolish behavior that will only continue to receive negative feedback. Please troll your poo elsewhere, it is extremely annoying for those who want to actually talk productively about fantasy football. Edited by heehawks
  • Like 6

Just wow dude, just wow. I don't know why you keep dealing in absolutes and completely alienating yourself everytime you post. Foolish behavior that will only continue to receive negative feedback. Please troll your poo elsewhere, it is extremely annoying for those who want to actually talk productively about fantasy football.

haha I simply asked what made him pick AP over charles in a ppr format, not sure whats so crazy about the question

Since a new thread was started, I'll repeat my thoughts here.

ROCK SOLID at RB but I can't see this team going far with those WRs. I'm not a fan of Tate but I could be wrong. I don't like any of your WRs to be honest. You must have a lot of confidence in Gordon. What are the starting lineup requirements?

Good luck.

• Like 1

The WR craze is just getting silly.

Kind of surprised your RBS didn't go the other way with AP before Bell. Seems to be what I am seeing in MFL10s

I used to think so too, but after seeing the only homer in our league AFK his way to the championship on the backs of 3 stud receivers (Landry/Hopkins/ARob) with hardly any RB core, i'm inclined to think differently this year. It feels great when you have 2 healthy RB's on your team, but that can always change in a moments notice, and i'd hate to be plugging and playing WR's at the same time week in and week out. I ended up winning doing that a bit last year, but it was extremely tiresome hah

The position with the most talent in rounds 4 and 5 is definitely running back. Le'Veon Bell and Adrian Peterson are solid picks. But having to draft receiver in rounds 4 and 5 is brutal. I am praying for a top 3 pick in my redraft leagues so I don't get tempted to draft running backs in the first 2 rounds.

Absolutely. He's never hit 2k all purpose before, but I'm penciling him in for a breakout year coming off an injury at age 29 with two starting-caliber RBs behind him.

Absolutely. He's never hit 2k all purpose before, but I'm penciling him in for a breakout year coming off an injury at age 29 with two starting-caliber RBs behind him.

two starting caliber rbs in what league CFL?

Because peterson is a spring chicken at the bold age of 31

Edited by InTomWeTrust

two starting caliber rbs in what league CFL?

West is no Adrian Peterson, but he had a higher YPC last season (4.0) than these other notable CFL-level RBs:

• Marshawn Lynch
  • Alfred Morris
  • Frank Gore
  • Demarco Murray
  • Jeremy Hill

He also turned in a pedestrian 10.7 yards per catch.

Spencer Ware had a higher YPC last season than:

• Every RB in the NFL with 70+ carries, not named Thomas Rawls or Karlos Williams (They tied with Ware at 5.6)

:tup:

Edited by bud29

I doubt Jamaal Charles gets much more than 200 carries this year. He had 206 carries in 2014 in 15 games. Last year he was on pace for 227 carries. Andy Reid is dying to win a Super Bowl. He isn't going to overwork Charles during the regular season. Adrian Peterson, on the other hand, is a beast and is the most likely running back in the NFL to get more than 300 carries.

• Like 1

Since a new thread was started, I'll repeat my thoughts here.

ROCK SOLID at RB but I can't see this team going far with those WRs. I'm not a fan of Tate but I could be wrong. I don't like any of your WRs to be honest. You must have a lot of confidence in Gordon. What are the starting lineup requirements?

Good luck.

I think (hope too) that RJennings comes out of the gate fast so that I can flip him after the first month for a WR. The Gordon pick was all about upside. There plenty of "safer" picks I could have made there but I didn't love any of the WRs enough over Gordon to pull the trigger on someone else. If I could have gone Tate then Moncrief I would have waited and hoped to get Gordon a round later.

Edited by keggerz