[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why was that a TD ?

Grits and Shins

he had control before breaking the plane of the end zone. i think losing it going to the ground is more of a reception thing

Dez had control of the ball when he broke the plane

Megatron had control of the ball when he broke the plane

They have said breaking the plane isn't enough when you are going to the ground

That is for receptions, running the ball has different rules.

• Like 4

Yeah, but Cam was a runner. Dez and Megatron were making catches. ...apparently diving into the end-zone after a catch isn't a "football move."

Neither Dez nor Megatron were 'making a catch' either ... both caught the ball and advanced it to the end zone.

Exactly. That's why there was so much controversy regarding those plays. I agree. Dez did catch that ball and made a "football move" (dive into the endzone) just like Cam did.

Exactly. That's why there was so much controversy regarding those plays. I agree. Dez did catch that ball and made a "football move" (dive into the endzone) just like Cam did.

Dez was making a catch that took him to the ground, it was clear that the ground caused the ball to move and come out of his possession. You may not like it but that's an unbiased view and I broke the film down frame by frame when it happened and was able to show on twitter where the ball had moved and was out of his control. Calvin's was a bit tougher to swallow because it seems debatable if he was "going to the ground" or not.

Edited by keggerz
  • Like 1

Neither Dez nor Megatron were 'making a catch' either ... both caught the ball and advanced it to the end zone.

Not exactly, Calvin was in the end zone when he caught the ball, never really regained his footing and fell towards the back of the end zone. When his hand with the ball hit the ground the ball came out.

I think Calvins should have been a TD but he did not break the plane running the ball into the end zone, completely different than what Cam did.

• Like 1