[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Monday night...

anismith

The Vikings are in trouble. No running game, a mediocre QB and a OL looking worse as the season goes on. Keep it up and they will pull a Falcons and miss the playoffs after starting 5-0.

I swear the Bears cost me at least one victory in my local every year. Sure enough, going into this game with a lead vs Howard and Diggs. They both naturally score...the Bears hate me just because I'm one of the few locals that doesn't root for them. :kicksrock:

I start the Vikings D thinking they will mush the Bears, yet they can't muster the 3 points I need to win. Would have bet my limbs that Cutler would have thrown at least 1 pick, get sacked 2 or 10 times and fumble it at least once. Damn FF sucks. :bash::bash::bash:

Edited by Cowboyz1

The O-Line was the team's weak spot to start the season. Since that time, they've lost both starting tackles to IR, and now Boone (their big off-season add) has a concussion. Granted, Boone hasn't played great, but he's one of the few "starters" they have left. They're putting together a patchwork line on a weekly basis, with guys that are practice squad level players at multiple starting spots.

Now, in my opinion, we're starting to see the impact that an ineffective offense has on the team's defense. They can only take so many 3-and-out's before it starts to wear on you.... Not only physically, but mentally. When the offense can't get a first down, much less score, it feels like there is no relief in sight. The defense starts to feel like their efforts are hopeless.

To some extent, this isn't anything new. Like I said, the O-Line was weak to begin the season. After beating GB, I was reading articles about whether the MIN offensive line would be the thing that holds them back from a Super Bowl appearance. That was when they were still healthy. Before that, there was the Tennessee game.... A game that MIN would have lost if not for two defensive touchdowns.

The only positive I see is that Minnesota's schedule from here on out is pretty "easy." In theory, they should be favored in at least 6 of their remaining 9 games. Only three of those 9 opponents currently have winning records (WAS, DAL, and GB). That said, I'm not sure I would be comfortable betting on them to beat ANYBODY right now, on the road OR at home. If they can't solve the pass protection issue, I could very easily see them losing to Detroit at home next week. :bash: